2023 Festival

TheWaters

Just now, iistroudley said:

Been going to R&L for years now and seeing the demise in the festival (not musically but campsites/clientele) has really put me off this year (hate to be a debbie downer and slate how people act but it just isn't for me anymore when I compare to other festivals I have been to), would've had to have been a banger lineup to persuade me to go and all these rumours just aren't making me excited in the slightest 

Same here, again don’t want to be the depressing old fart but the new format and the fact kids, who historically used to provide great atmospheres for most acts, now just seem to turn up for whoever’s had a big song on TikTok and then fuck off for half the day

There to be there for a single snapchatable moment, as opposed to actually enjoy themselves/ the music

It’s a crying shame how the atmosphere is so dead for so many performers now.

The lack of choice leaves the arena half empty for elongated periods, if there’s two consecutive acts on the main stages who’ve not had aTikTok smash.

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Reading back on the NME article Melvin actually said 2 returning headliners in the 3.5 headliners, so could well be our six with the returners being The Killers and Foals

On the back of what Mr Dilcox predicted, could Noel Gallagher count as 0.5 of the headliners? Having headlined as Oasis previously?

Just now, Andre91 said:

This is the least hype by a million miles I’ve ever known in 12 years of posting on this forum. Mental. 

No one’s arsed. Nothing exciting is gonna happen

Just the now normal metronome back and forth between the two main stages seeing acts you’re at best half interested in, while the remaining small tents are half empty as the acts haven’t got a big social footprint. 

The acts you are actually interested in are shit as  the front is full of kids waiting for Becky Hill while the other half of the festival has fucked of to get Ketted up before coming back to watch Becky Hill

depressing stuff

1 minute ago, Benj said:

No one’s arsed. Nothing exciting is gonna happen

Just the now normal metronome back and forth between the two main stages seeing acts you’re at best half interested in, while the remaining small tents are half empty as the acts haven’t got a big social footprint. 

The acts you are actually interested in are shit as  the front is full of kids waiting for Becky Hill while the other half of the festival has fucked of to get Ketted up before coming back to watch Becky Hill

depressing stuff

Becky Hill really is a popular rapper. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This is the least hype I’ve ever known for an R&L lineup announcement in 12 years of posting on this forum. The least amount of hype by a million miles. Mental. 

It’s a shame but we all know why.

The smaller minority of people on here who were still doing R&L left pretty horrible reviews after the last, so I can’t imagine how people would be excited.

I think it’s borderline impossible that I’d ever do another weekend, and I’m even a bit apprehensive about how much fun a day would be.

5 minutes ago, mttJ said:

I think it’s borderline impossible that I’d ever do another weekend, and I’m even a bit apprehensive about how much fun a day would be.

Had surgery in 2021 so did Reading in 2 Day tickets- It is still good fun but a totally different experience, its more like a concert with lots of opening acts rather than feeling necessarily like a festival in my opinion

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Had surgery in 2021 so did Reading in 2 Day tickets- It is still good fun but a totally different experience, its more like a concert with lots of opening acts rather than feeling necessarily like a festival in my opinion

Exactly. It’s not a ‘festival’ anymore. Just like a big gig in Hyde park or similar

20 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Completely agree, I like Billie Eilish and The Killers but I’m not buzzing for them. Spent a lot of time at the bar this year and stayed in camp till later in the afternoon. Weren’t too many divs near us though for a change which was great

Everybody chanting "we hate Tottenham" over and over and over.

Chanting other artists songs over the artist performing, until they give up and walk off stage.

Throwing cups of piss over the section in front.

Watching a kid running sucker punch a man in his stomach to asinine laughs from his friends.

None stop attempts at mosh pits by 17 year old lads in football shirts that had only ever seen it on TV.

The riots in the campsites because its kids first time away from parents and they've never had to deal with consequences before.

The sections allowing everybody to take over the entire space to sit down and camp out for the next act, ruining the actual show.

1 MS had 14 acts, and 1 tent had 20 acts. Now 2 MS with 7 and 6 acts only.

1 minute ago, FeverDream said:

My first Leeds Festival was in 2018. Enjoyed it immensely as did all of my group. Looking back at the lineups I think it’s safe to say 2018 was the last year before the festival took a real turn for the worst (at least in this forum’s opinion) in terms of booking policy.

Actually, I take that back, 2019 was great. Most of the top acts on main stage were bands which was surprising.

1 minute ago, FeverDream said:

My first Leeds Festival was in 2018. Enjoyed it immensely as did all of my group. Looking back at the lineups I think it’s safe to say 2018 was the last year before the festival took a real turn for the worst (at least in this forum’s opinion) in terms of booking policy.

2018 was the worst lineup they’ve had since I started going in 2010 imo. Rubbish. 

What confuses me is why everyone in here goes every year still - seems to be some younger people then older people who just moan moan moan. Fair enough like do what you want, but surely there are better festivals for your taste be it glasto, download, APE or somewhere abroad if you can afford that.

I don't think i'll ever return but like the chatter, could definitely do day tickets tho

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

2018 was the worst lineup they’ve had since I started going in 2010 imo. Rubbish. 

2018 was appalling agreed. my first year too, was so jealous of 2017 (absolute banger and stood the test of time imo). 2021 very solid too

2 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Everybody chanting "we hate Tottenham" over and over and over.

Chanting other artists songs over the artist performing, until they give up and walk off stage.

Throwing cups of piss over the section in front.

Watching a kid running sucker punch a man in his stomach to asinine laughs from his friends.

None stop attempts at mosh pits by 17 year old lads in football shirts that had only ever seen it on TV.

The riots in the campsites because its kids first time away from parents and they've never had to deal with consequences before.

The sections allowing everybody to take over the entire space to sit down and camp out for the next act, ruining the actual show.

1 MS had 14 acts, and 1 tent had 20 acts. Now 2 MS with 7 and 6 acts only.

Maybe I was too pissed to notice the dickheads this year, I know there were riots but we didn’t see anything myself.

There was a real lack of acts I was interested in though, found myself going to the bar and sitting about an awful lot.