2023 Festival

TheWaters

Saw this prediction poster whilst scrolling through socials earlier, I didn't make this though, so just putting that out there (credit to whoever did make it), that aside, not really for me, but quite fair placings of the artists, and tbh does seem very R&L, matches quite a lot of the chat on here, so wouldn't be surprised if someone on here made it. I reckon it would probably receive quite a bit of stick on the initial announcement, but still sell fairly well, especially once it gets padded out.

3p59p3475y2p3579yhrb.thumb.jpeg.98077e8ac5c9ea50c414327347f288af.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stanh said:

Saw this prediction poster whilst scrolling through socials earlier, I didn't make this though, so just putting that out there (credit to whoever did make it), that aside, not really for me, but quite fair placings of the artists, and tbh does seem very R&L, matches quite a lot of the chat on here, so wouldn't be surprised if someone on here made it. I reckon it would probably receive quite a bit of stick on the initial announcement, but still sell fairly well, especially once it gets padded out.

sub-headliners look quite weak imo 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:00 PM, Chad888 said:

WhoOdyssey heard from KSI that there were 5 headliners who he named, and a 6th that was as then unnamed but they assumed it was Paramore.

It was then discussed "could it be MGK" as he said at his show he wanted to headline one day.

I then heard from a journo friend that it was Paramore.

Paramore then announced they were touring alongside Foals, both have started being announced for festivals.

They co-headlined last time in what would now be a MSW slot, and haven't done anything since then until that latest album. You wouldn't really expect them to be MSE unless there were other huge names alongside.

They finished the noght last time they do-headlines. Deffo played last at reading anyway

edit- see what you mean now two MSW= one MSE

Edited by Benj

6 hours ago, stanh said:

Looks pretty real, I think the headliners are spot on. 

6 hours ago, stanh said:

They've just stolen my lineup prediction from yesterday around 8pm!!

Its a complete guess in placements, I can say 9 of those names are definately there though.

21 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Imagine Dragons / Sam Fender is just the worst top two I can imagine for me.

Its a very R&L booking though. Inoffensive acts that are probably percieved bigger than they actually are in reality, cheap to book, no "holy s*** unreal" bookings, acts that you know enough songs to enjoy but would never go out your way for a once in a lifetime chance to watch.

On top of that, a lot of acts that will probably be a lot bigger in 5 yeas and we will look back as the golden age of the festival "omg as if they got Billie Eilish and Sam Fender that year, thats unreal" - at the moment 1 is just a man with a guitar, and the other is a bit of a pretentious teenager.

Edited by Chad888

8 hours ago, stanh said:

Swapping Imagine Dragons out for a heavier band such as *struggles to think of  a heavier band that could feasibly do MSW besides QOTSA who seem to be in Europe  early summer to honour 2022 missed bookings and Biffy who headlined 2021* would make it so much stronger.

Edited by FeverDream

25 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Imagine Dragons / Sam Fender is just the worst top two I can imagine for me.

I'm not a huge fan of Foals either so from the original talk on this forum for weeks what was looking to be a pretty solid lineup (MCR, Paramore, KSI (Yes, I'm a fan) Green Day etc.) has turned to absolute rubbish for me.

I think we're in desperate need of an announcement (or @Dan Wilcox since he's the most reliable) so we can definitely end the misery.

8 hours ago, stanh said:

I would do that Killers day potentially if I got a cheaper ticket.

13 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Swapping Imagine Dragons out for a heavier band such as *struggles to think of  a heavier band that could feasibly do MSW besides QOTSA who seem to be in Europe  early summer to honour 2022 missed bookings and Biffy who headlined 2021* would make it so much stronger.

The thing is Imagine Dragons are a fairly big draw for a casual. They played Stadium MK last year and there was one of the biggest crowds watching Bastille last year. Billie and The Killers are both very strong and Fender is in demand having played Finsbury last year and doing 2 nights at St James this year. 

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

The thing is Imagine Dragons are a fairly big draw for a casual. They played Stadium MK last year and there was one of the biggest crowds watching Bastille last year. Billie and The Killers are both very strong and Fender is in demand having played Finsbury last year and doing 2 nights at St James this year. 

Oh yeah I can't doubt their appeal to the casual it's just a shame there might not be a heavier headliner, but I suppose R&L has gone that way and there's only so many heavy bands they'd consider booking now so likely we'll get a year without one. I'm off Download next year though for the first time, so not the end of the world if we don't get a heavier headliner. Probably also comes down to budget - Killers and Eilish probably cost a fair bit, then again I reckon Imagine Dragons do too.

9 hours ago, stanh said:

Subs are appalling

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Subs are appalling

Subs have been quietly getting weaker and weaker for years, you’d have to go back to Royal Blood in 2019, or maybe LG in 2017, to get a decent sized sub.

Agree the above is poor though, only YB and that’s done a proper arena tour.

Edited by andyrhodes24
Typos

10 hours ago, stanh said:

They've done a good job here.