2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

He lied about Boardmasters… lied about this.  It’s a weird old life to come on festival forums to make up stuff

Willing to be proven wrong but it’s easy to say a headliner we know about has pulled out without naming the sixth that we weren’t sure on, or a replacement. No new info

13 hours ago, nathanh said:

Based on the lineups we recieved yesterday (Sziget and Superbloom) I believe R&L could have quite a few of these. 

Headliners*

Billie Eilish

Sam Fender

Foals

Imagine Dragons

*Other headliners being KSI and Green Day

Undercard

Baby Queen

Amyl and the Sniffers

Niall Horan?

Nothing but Thieves

Yungblud

Easy Life

Mimi Webb

Cat Burns

Thought melvin said 3 of the headlines had headlined before ? Who we thinking that could be if true ? 

16 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Are we forgetting Melvin isnt overly reliable... he said none of 2021s headliners had done it before.

They hadn’t, headlined outright anyway

QOTSA, Post Malone and Disclosure all “co headlined”, Catfish, Stormzy and LG hadn’t. Only when Biffy got bought in had one headlined before

So Green Day have allegedly pulled out?

Get Blur in FFS. Long overdue a return to the festival, not headlining anywhere else, would still go down well with even the younger crowd since they have a lot of timeless and iconic hits, and would sell a lot of day tickets too. If all the other headliner rumours are correct the festival needs that one older headliner.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

MCR, Billie, Sam Fender, KSI, Foals and Imagine Dragons is a weak set of headliners imo

already second guessing myself. on a one main stage/radio one tent set up you'd have

MS: Billie/MCR/Sam Fender X Foals

R1: KSI/Imagine Dragons/Nothing But Thieves

thats pretty decent  

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They hadn’t, headlined outright anyway

QOTSA, Post Malone and Disclosure all “co headlined”, Catfish, Stormzy and LG hadn’t. Only when Biffy got bought in had one headlined before

So if melvin sayin 3 have headlined before, we can rule out most the above cos they done it recently. Whos left whos headlined or co headlined before ? Id take MCR, Green day, have blink headlined ? Or just giz eminem haha

59 minutes ago, bo1980 said:

The former.

Pretty quiet year for them otherwise tour wise as they’re in studio. 

lol sorry, I don't know what " the former " is 😅 can someone explain to me ? sorry 🤗

But indeed, MCR's 2023 is pretty quiet so far, only a few dates in March in Australia...

30 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

lol sorry, I don't know what " the former " is 😅 can someone explain to me ? sorry 🤗

But indeed, MCR's 2023 is pretty quiet so far, only a few dates in March in Australia...

Meant in reply to your “something relevant?” part of your post.

There are rumors of them having South America dates in May then heading into studio.

Probably not starting the next album cycle until 2024 at that rate.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Get Blur in FFS. Long overdue a return to the festival, not headlining anywhere else, would still go down well with even the younger crowd since they have a lot of timeless and iconic hits, and would sell a lot of day tickets too. If all the other headliner rumours are correct the festival needs that one older headliner.

They sold out Wembley in seconds. They'd prob want a FAT wage to turn up at Reading.

Meanwhile, KSI is available

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

already second guessing myself. on a one main stage/radio one tent set up you'd have

MS: Billie/MCR/Sam Fender X Foals

R1: KSI/Imagine Dragons/Nothing But Thieves

thats pretty decent  

Given that R1 head was pretty much 3rd, 4th down in the good ol days, that would be a little strong I'd say (prob right spot for NBT though).

You'd want Central Cee, up against Green Day, if it was like the ol days when they programmed BIG older bands against the next big thing to split the crowd and create an actual occasion in tent, as opposed to 4th on the main stage 

Looking at When we were young festival in las vegas in october 2023 theyve got like blink, sum 41, green day, Good Charlotte, offspring, all time low, bowling for soup, 30 seconds, less than jake, simpl plan, 5 seconds of summer, pierce the veil, gym class heroes. We might get a few at leeds if they tourin. Be a strong day. And blink and green day have headlined ? So melvin might be truthin ? But f knows 😂 im gannin anyways..delta heavy in the wood rave last years highlight 😂 

12 hours ago, VCK said:

I don't think Blur have the same younger crowd appeal as say Liam last year - he's really embraced the younger crowd. It would be a RATM booking rather than a LG booking imo

10 hours ago, Benj said:

They sold out Wembley in seconds. They'd prob want a FAT wage to turn up at Reading.

Meanwhile, KSI is available

Sums up reading these days

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Looking at the whole Prime thing going on, KSI will be a massive draw for this… it also shows what kind of crowd he’s going to attract to the festival.

Strange comparison i think

Edited by gfa

38 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

If the rumours here, and what I've heard are correct -

Friday

Sam Fender > Aitch

Foals > Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

Billie Eilish > Tom Grennan

KSI > Trippie Redd

Sunday

My Chemical Romance > Yungblud

Paramore > Don Broco

That Sunday would be superb. An instant day ticket from me.

• Upvote 1

What about The Killers? Another headline sized act long overdue a return, will tick the older headliner box, and they're that reliable "festival bangers" type act in a similar vein to Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher, Foo Fighters, Muse, RHCP, Kasabian, Kings of Leon etc. who will always draw a good crowd.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Friday

Sam Fender > Aitch

Saturday

KSI > Trippie Redd

Sunday

Paramore > Don Broco

Yeah thats a ticket for me if its true. Saturday I could miss but NBT into Foals and that entire Sunday are glorious.

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Friday

Sam Fender > Aitch

Saturday

KSI > Trippie Redd

Sunday

Paramore > Don Broco

Crazy weak this. Friday and Saturday subs are pretty questionable imo

No way are headliners like that either, will be more mixed up

2 hours ago, VCK said:

What about The Killers? Another headline sized act long overdue a return, will tick the older headliner box, and they're that reliable "festival bangers" type act in a similar vein to Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher, Foo Fighters, Muse, RHCP, Kasabian, Kings of Leon etc. who will always draw a good crowd.

Good replacement for Green Day. So long overdue a return too, would go down an absolute storm

Edited by gfa