2023 Festival

TheWaters

23 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

He won’t be doing BST. If there’s a big London gig it’ll be APE or Community. 

I dunno. He did Finsbury Park as his own sell-out headline date and if he's confident enough to book a stadium date (admittedly on home territory with it being Newcastle), why not aim for a big crowd at BST HP?

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Muse themselves are billing their May/June shows as their only UK dates of 2023 and in a Twitter Q&A Matt Bellamy said they don't have anything else booked right now. So I really doubt it's gonna be them and am surprised they keep being mentioned tbh.

I wouldnt take this as they arent playing personally. I know these things get booked well in advance but i mean it is 12 months away.

17 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

I wouldnt take this as they arent playing personally. I know these things get booked well in advance but i mean it is 12 months away.

Well if Bellamy is Tweeting the Plymouth-Glasgow-Huddersfield-MK run is it for UK shows and telling Zane Lowe that they've got nothing planned beyond July 2023, I think that's good enough to presume it will be. If it was just Milton Keynes, I could make the case for it being maybe possible given I was wrong when I thought Arctic Monkeys doing Finsbury Park ruled them out of R/L 2014, but I can't see them doing both Huddersfield and Leeds shows.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well if Bellamy is Tweeting the Plymouth-Glasgow-Huddersfield-MK run is it for UK shows and telling Zane Lowe that they've got nothing planned beyond July 2023, I think that's good enough to presume it will be. If it was just Milton Keynes, I could make the case for it being maybe possible given I was wrong when I thought Arctic Monkeys doing Finsbury Park ruled them out of R/L 2014, but I can't see them doing both Huddersfield and Leeds shows.

I agree i think its doubtful but you never know lol.

I'm going to be attending with my daughters next year so im preying for a Dua Lipa / Rodrigo / Gayle / Holly Humberstone type day.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

I dunno. He did Finsbury Park as his own sell-out headline date and if he's confident enough to book a stadium date (admittedly on home territory with it being Newcastle), why not aim for a big crowd at BST HP?

He won’t be at BST, not because he’s not big enough for Hyde park (he is) but because BST is for acts that are much older. 

11 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

He won’t be at BST, not because he’s not big enough for Hyde park (he is) but because BST is for acts that are much older. 

That's a fair point tbf. Looking at the play bill for this year's event, the artist with the fewest amount of albums to their name who headlined the joint was Adele with 4, and safe to say she's appealing to a very different kinda crowd to Mr Fender.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Watching BMTH on iPlayer and Matt drumming the intro to Teddy Picker when Oli asks the crowd about Arctic Monkeys is fucking elite.

Oli mentions my old school in Stocksbridge in that bit. 

Also watched BMTH full set on iplayer last night and equally as good as at Leeds. 

Performance of the Weekend and wonder how many thousand missed it waiting for AM, including my lad.  Missed out big style. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:55 AM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Kendrick and Post Malone got booked for 2020.

Probably way, way off, but I’ve had an early go at a 2023 lineup: 

MSE: The Killers / Jamie T / The Wombats 

MSW: Doja Cat / J Hus / Becky Hill 

MSE: Eminem / Playboi Carti / Central Cee 

MSW: Foals / Rex Orange County / Wet Leg 

MSE: My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD / ??? (some rapper with rock cred - is Lil Uzi still a thing?) 

MSW: Paramore / Pendulum / Don Broco

I personally think that Paramore would be MSE or nothing but I’m chucking my eggs in  basket of them and MCR being booked for the same day. Someone mentioned it the other day and objectively I don’t buy it but I’d love it so yeah, I’ve gone with it for this. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Performance of the Weekend and wonder how many thousand missed it waiting for AM, including my lad.  Missed out big style. 

Cheers for rubbing it in

what makes it even more bitter is I had a 10/10 on my shoulders, but alas we’d agreed to get a good spot for AM

53 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MSE: My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD / ??? (some rapper with rock cred - is Lil Uzi still a thing?) 

I personally think that Paramore would be MSE or nothing but I’m chucking my eggs in  basket of them and MCR being booked for the same day. Someone mentioned it the other day and objectively I don’t buy it but I’d love it so yeah, I’ve gone with it for this. 

Jamie T is doing finsbury don’t think he’d play both and arguably would headline MSW given that.

Wombats would be down a slot from last time not sure that would happen and the Sunday arguably isolates a lot of the 16-20 y/o audience. If they are booking MCR and Paramore they will be on different days to sell weekend tickets (don’t think both would be booked anyway tbh)

This is a mix between what I wouldn't mind seeing and what could be possible, not necessarily what I think it WILL be

MSE: Dua Lipa / Chvrches / Sigrid
MSW: Lorde / Olivia Rodrigo / Phoebe Bridgers

MSE: Doja Cat / Cardi B / Becky Hill
MSW: Tyler, The Creator / Little Simz / Jack Harlow

MSE: My Chemical Romance / Architects / Maneskin
MSW: Paramore / Rex Orange County / Wet Leg

The festival seem to be booking similar style artists for the same days to shift day tickets rather than spreading them for weekend tickets 

2 minutes ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

This is a mix between what I wouldn't mind seeing and what could be possible, not necessarily what I think it WILL be

MSE: Dua Lipa / Chvrches / Sigrid
MSW: Lorde / Olivia Rodrigo / Phoebe Bridgers

MSE: Doja Cat / Cardi B / Becky Hill
MSW: Tyler, The Creator / Little Simz / Jack Harlow

MSE: My Chemical Romance / Architects / Maneskin
MSW: Paramore / Rex Orange County / Wet Leg

The festival seem to be booking similar style artists for the same days to shift day tickets rather than spreading them for weekend tickets 

Do we think Maneskin will be blacklisted now? Same with Jack Harlow?

Edited by Matt42

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

5 of those 6 have headlined before. Melvin said that of the 4 headliners booked, 2 haven't played before.

I think Foals may have been booked straight after their Glastonbury performance.

Also thinking it may be Lizzo rather than Doja Cat. Machine Gun Kelly the other booked but not headlined before?

MSE//

Paramore > The Wombats > Two Door Cinema Club

Kendrick Lamar > Aitch > Wet Leg

Blink 182 > Jamie T > Korn

MSW//

Foals > Blossoms > Idles

Lizzo > Becky Hill  > Central Cee

MGK > Don Broco > Idles

Edited by Chad888