Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

Someone on the Glasto forums said that she's apparently releasing a single on Wednesday 23rd. If they've got her they'll probably announce as the hype around the new single builds and releases. Not sure why European festivals have been able to announce her if that's the case though.

11 hours ago, Miyn said:

Someone on the Glasto forums said that she's apparently releasing a single on Wednesday 23rd. If they've got her they'll probably announce as the hype around the new single builds and releases. Not sure why European festivals have been able to announce her if that's the case though.

Maybe some exclusivity agreement, especially if she's gonna be the big headliner. I seem to remember something similar with High as Hope where she was announced EU dates and then announced the single and album and then had the UK dates drop then too. I think she's pretty much nailed on now and I'd be over the moon if she was there 

Some final guesses (based on some of you guys above & who seems to be possible);

OBELISK

Jack White / Lewis Capaldi / Florence & The Machine or Little Simz
Charli XCX / The War on Drugs / Michael Kiwanuka
The Zutons / Local Natives / Self Esteem
Special afternoon slot: David Gray

TENT

Phoebe Bridgers / The Cribs or Fontains DC / The Charlatans 

Edited by gregory

49 minutes ago, gregory said:

Some final guesses (based on some of you guys above & who seems to be possible);

OBELISK

TENT

Yeah I think a lot of these will probably appear, maybe a little less sure about the American acts in there though as its being held at a later date than it usually is. The trio of headliners is pretty likely though and I'd be happy with it 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Aren't tickets already on sale?

Presumably they'll be taken off sale at some point before next week in order to allow for a post announcement "launch" - possibly at a higher price (given that the acts are known). Can't remember if Latitude have done that before, but it's not unprecedented.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Presumably they'll be taken off sale at some point before next week in order to allow for a post announcement "launch" - possibly at a higher price (given that the acts are known). Can't remember if Latitude have done that before, but it's not unprecedented.

Yeah. It's usually a few quid more, but I don't trust Latitude enough to buy tickets before the lineup. Just think it's a bit silly announcing that they're going on sale when they're already on sale.

My one hope this year is that the poster has stage and day splits, like 2019's poster. It was really annoying getting excited for some acts, not knowing what day or how high up on the stage they were going to play, so could only work out clashes about a week before the festival.

33 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Would Sigur Ros still be considered a headliner here? Could be a wildcard

Instinct says not likely - as of just how mainstream the last sets of headliners have been and how its morphed from what type of acts we'd get in the mid 2010s... 

But then again... latitude love a rogue booking 😕

45 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Would Sigur Ros still be considered a headliner here? Could be a wildcard

I think they could be a tent headliner, or a post headliner thing like Underworld. I don't think they're big enough to headline the Obelisk though.

Same weekend so some potentials to appear 

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

My one hope this year is that the poster has stage and day splits, like 2019's poster. It was really annoying getting excited for some acts, not knowing what day or how high up on the stage they were going to play, so could only work out clashes about a week before the festival.

Yeah I agree, even though I go whole weekend it's annoying only finding out quite late what days people are on bar the headliners, especially last year when it was only a month beforehand

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

She's back with a vengeance, absolutely love it. I really really hope she's headlining 

8 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Have you got a screenshot or something? Not sure where they'd play though.

Tent headliner maybe? They seemed to have more mainstream stuff on the Obelisk last year with the more 6 music friendly stuff in the tent so that makes more sense 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:06 AM, gregory said:

OBELISK

TENT

David Gray is in the u.s during Latitude. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

Are we even sure if Capaldi is still playing? There's been 0 mention of him since he initially postponed his dates, even on the websites lineup page. Snow Patrol and First Aid Kit were quietly dropped last year with no mention before the first announcement so could he not be appearing and they're just hoping no one has noticed?