Latitude 2022

Chapple12345

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

As it's likely the Festival this year will go ahead as near 'normal' as possible.

Would we expect the first announcement to be normal, which tends to be February? 

Even though it's fair to expect Latitude (and any other Festival this year) to go ahead as normal - there is still the obstacle that various external factors (especially International Travel) can't be relied on yet and so could cause delays in finalising the lineup especially for overseas acts.

I'd expect them to put out a lineup in the next month or two, just because they'll want to get some attention and ticket sales, but wouldn't be shocked if there was fewer names or more TBAs than you'd typically see.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:04 PM, Tom Wykes said:

Now that we're very close to a lineup announcement can everyone drop some potential names they think could be announced?

Am personally hoping for Haim -- maybe Royal Blood/London Grammar/Florence someone of that ilk that are yet to have many fests this year.... Flo especially! I guess Lewis Capaldi is returning too but he is still p quiet on social media..... Would love to know who others are touting....

I'd put money on Lewis headlining the Friday. He's self confirmed, there is no reason to think he won't be there. Haim's UK tour sets them up perfectly for Latitude and they were booked in 2020, so highly likely. Not so sure about the third headliner though, no one sticks out as that obvious.

I think there's a 50% chance it will be one of: Liam Gallagher, Florence and Snow Patrol.

If I had to take a punt right now I'm going:

Lewis Capaldi, one of my three but I'll say Liam, Haim

With your tent headliners being:

Fontaines D.C., Arlo Parks, King Gizzard

Hopefully we don't have to wait that long and they drop a significant portion of the lineup like in 2018.

I'm also confident Kiwanuka will sub, maybe Haim.

I do think Florence will headline again, she's has a few European dates but none in the UK and all probable options (BST, APE, Trnsmt) aren't her so it would make my day if she was on. My bet on headliners is:

Friday - Capaldi, Saturday - Florence, Sunday - Haim/London Grammar co-headline

Also thinking could Disclosure play a closing dance set as both Underworld and Chemical Bros went down amazingly. 

Other acts I expect will pop up are Nile Rodgers and Chic, Sigrid, The Specials, Blossoms, Fontaines DC, Charli XCX, Arlo Parks and Idles. I'm also thinking Kasabian could do an opening slot like Supergrass last year. As we all know Latitude is always unpredictable so I'm excited to see who's there 

Edited by Chapple12345

Florence doesn't usually do UK festivals before she does her own UK dates, barring Glastonbury. So I don't see her doing this until 2023. Also she'd be a bigger headline act than normal for this fest as she sells out festivals that are this size in the UK on her own, so I can't see her doing this as her first UK show back tbh

2 hours ago, shivroy said:

Florence doesn't usually do UK festivals before she does her own UK dates, barring Glastonbury. So I don't see her doing this until 2023. Also she'd be a bigger headline act than normal for this fest as she sells out festivals that are this size in the UK on her own, so I can't see her doing this as her first UK show back tbh

In fairness, The Killers headlined recently and I would say they are far bigger than FATM currently.

29 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

In fairness, The Killers headlined recently and I would say they are far bigger than FATM currently.

Yeah fair. I still think she'd more likely do 2023 than 2022 tho. Just based on their patterns in the past. I'd say fatm are similar size to Mumford and the killers but bigger than a decent number of their other headliners. Given that she's headlined over a decent number of them. 

Edited by shivroy

Lewis Capaldi is nailed on, he's playing gigs at the time of Latitude (he's at Sziget in Budapest in early August) and has self-confirmed.

I can't see Haim headlining tbh. I think it was a mis-fire announcing them last time. Their most recent album sold poorly in the UK (straight in at No.1 and then dropped out of top 40 two weeks later) and none of their singles have done anything.

Therefore, I reckon it will be:

Friday: Lewis Capaldi

Saturday: FATM or Foals

Sunday: Maybe someone smaller and left-field but current like Jungle or Glass Animals.

Outside chance for Royal Blood.

EDIT: With Knebworth taking place and the number of tickets sold I would say, strange as it may sound, that Liam is too big for Latitude at the moment and would say it's 99.9% certain he won't be there.

Edited by swelsbyuk

21 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Lewis Capaldi is nailed on, he's playing gigs at the time of Latitude (he's at Sziget in Budapest in early August) and has self-confirmed.

I can't see Haim headlining tbh. I think it was a mis-fire announcing them last time. Their most recent album sold poorly in the UK (straight in at No.1 and then dropped out of top 40 two weeks later) and none of their singles have done anything.

Therefore, I reckon it will be:

Friday: Lewis Capaldi

Saturday: FATM or Foals

Sunday: Maybe someone smaller and left-field but current like Jungle or Glass Animals.

Outside chance for Royal Blood.

EDIT: With Knebworth taking place and the number of tickets sold I would say, strange as it may sound, that Liam is too big for Latitude at the moment and would say it's 99.9% certain he won't be there.

Eh? Not Haim because they didn’t stay at number one but Jungle are okay? That’s weird.

They’re not doing it because they are back in USA supporting the Chilis on Saturday, but their arena tour says they totally could.

Liam will play wherever. I think he’s a decent shout if Flo isn’t the ‘big’ headliner.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Eh? Not Haim because they didn’t stay at number one but Jungle are okay? That’s weird.

They’re not doing it because they are back in USA supporting the Chilis on Saturday, but their arena tour says they totally could.

Liam will play wherever. I think he’s a decent shout if Flo isn’t the ‘big’ headliner.

As I said, Jungle are a smaller band but I'd argue they or Glass Animals are more attractive to the casual listener than Haim.

I could be wrong. I often am, but I would be surprised if they are chosen. Also, having watched Haim at Latitude last time they played (2014?) there is no way they are headline material imho.

As for Liam, maybe next year but definitely not this. I'd happily wager a couple of pints on that one.

As for Haim: very peculiar they are supporting RHCP when the arena tour concludes on the Thurs and I feel like was pushed back after the chillis announced! 

Clearly the profile pic suggests I'd be more than thrilled with Foals rocking a night - fave band and festival would make quite a moment.

Flo is really the one I'm holding out for! pls gods!

Liam doing Knebworth and teasing some annoucement tomorrow for something bigger than big (could be bluff) but again makes me think would FR really target him for this year. Can't say I loved him being announced in 2020 tho before cancellation - so I get im in the minority and his recent headliner prominence shows he has the market!

Others I'd love to appear --- any of Phoebe Bridgers (where are the uk dates phoebe!!!) /Julien Baker / Lucy Dacus / Japanese Breakfast / BCNR / Jessie Ware

Liam also played an unannounced set in 2018, seems like he has a pretty good relationship with the festival and particularly festival republic. I can see them being able to get him back this year.

Not sure if they'll go down this typical "big Saturday headliner" really. They might put the biggest one on Saturday but I don't think they'll ever try and book someone like Mumfords or Killers again where they blow the headliner budget on one act and end up with Fleet Foxes and Solange. I like the level they were targeting previously and have been for the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Clutching straws but maybe they could do a festival opening show Friday lunchtime before jetting back to America? Stranger things have happened. Also Liam is in Australia that weekend so I don't think he'll be able to make it logistically 

If Haim are out though I could see Foals back again - hoping we'll get news by the end of the week or next 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:26 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I do think Florence will headline again, she's has a few European dates but none in the UK and all probable options (BST, APE, Trnsmt) aren't her so it would make my day if she was on. My bet on headliners is:

Friday - Capaldi, Saturday - Florence, Sunday - Haim/London Grammar co-headline

Also thinking could Disclosure play a closing dance set as both Underworld and Chemical Bros went down amazingly. 

Other acts I expect will pop up are Nile Rodgers and Chic, Sigrid, The Specials, Blossoms, Fontaines DC, Charli XCX, Arlo Parks and Idles. I'm also thinking Kasabian could do an opening slot like Supergrass last year. As we all know Latitude is always unpredictable so I'm excited to see who's there 

Disclosure is very, very different to Chemical Brothers/Underworld - they are both far older acts. Would be more of a headliner than a closing set too, disclosure are far bigger than underworld (and chems were a proper headliner)

I didn't realise Liam was in Australia on the Sunday, so definitely won't be playing then.

It's really odd that Haim are in America on the Saturday. It seemed that their UK tour was a perfect fit for Latitude, ending on the Thursday and what not, maybe they had a change of plan when Chilli's asked them to support and they saw it as a bigger deal.

I don't have a clue anymore, Lewis is a lock but other than that it's mostly just possibilities. I probably won't be a big fan of the Obelisk headliners anyway and will end up in one of the two tents. Unless they drop a large chunk of the line-up in one go I feel like I might be a bit disappointed as is usually the case on here, but then it'll get better over time as they announce the smaller stages. Hope the Lake Stage is back this year, they always seem to book great acts on there. I'm getting rather impatient for an announcement though, hoping it's in the next couple of weeks.

There will be news this week, I'd expect all main headliners, most of the undercard and some of the arts like comedy, their tweet seems to suggest it's incoming especially when they're saying hold tight 

13 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Same weekend as Latitude and they're on announcement number two! 

Worth keeping an eye on as there will undoubtedly be some overlap.

mail.png

Yeah definitely will be some overlaps, pretty sure Tramlines and Bluedot are the same weekend so will share a fair few acts as well 

16 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

There will be news this week, I'd expect all main headliners, most of the undercard and some of the arts like comedy, their tweet seems to suggest it's incoming especially when they're saying hold tight 

Yeah definitely will be some overlaps, pretty sure Tramlines and Bluedot are the same weekend so will share a fair few acts as well 

I knew Tramlines was the same weekend but didn't realise Bluedot was. And guess what? They're announcing Tuesday too.

bluedot.png

17 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Any guesses as to what day this week? 

9 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I knew Tramlines was the same weekend but didn't realise Bluedot was. And guess what? They're announcing Tuesday too.

bluedot.png

Baring in mind both of these things I'm going to guess Wednesday, Melvin and FR will want to stand out without any other competition so will make it a day with nothing else happening 

• Upvote 1