Kanye West

dentalplan

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wait so it’s still not finished 

Nah it’s finished, or at least finished by a Kanye standards I.e. he’ll probably fuck around with the production a bit more and randomly change tracks like he did with TLOP. Cba with DaBaby being on the album so not at all bothered about that one track not being cleared yet as it’s just a repeat of an earlier one with a different guest verse as far as I know. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fully censored sanitised Kanye album imo

Ehhh it’s not a classic, but there’s a classic, or at least a very good Kanye album, hidden in there. Just needs a fair few tracks cut/edited. But there’s some really good stuff here, a lot better than ye or Jesus is King. He’s still got it. He just needs somebody to tap him on the shoulder and say ‘that’s enough, and fuck all this other shit’.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehhh it’s not a classic, but there’s a classic, or at least a very good Kanye album, hidden in there. Just needs a fair few tracks cut/edited. But there’s some really good stuff here, a lot better than ye or Jesus is King. He’s still got it. He just needs somebody to tap him on the shoulder and say ‘that’s enough, and fuck all this other shit’.

I don’t know what it is but I feel like he’s lost a lot of energy and his ideas feel too scrambled at the moment to make something coherent. We saw bits of it in Kids See Ghosts where the thoughts were more streamlined, but I’m seriously doubting his ability to make a good record again now. Many songs in this track list just don’t go anywhere and he’s gone hard on the mumble rap as he knows it’s what the tik tok kids like. Can’t say I’m going to return to this one much.

It’s not my place to discuss his religion but it’s got to the point where his discussions about god feel incredibly cringe. It’s got to the point where he isn’t saying anything new at this point - we get it, we know you think you were chosen by god to do this. You told us for the past 4 albums.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not my place to discuss his religion but it’s got to the point where his discussions about god feel incredibly cringe. It’s got to the point where he isn’t saying anything new at this point - we get it, we know you think you were chosen by god to do this. You told us for the past 4 albums.

Found somebody who needs Jesus… Lord!

A track list of

1. Jail

2. Off The Grid

3. Hurricane

4. Praise God

5. Ok Ok

6. Junya

7. Believe What I Say

8. 24

9. Heaven and Hell

10. Donda

11. Jesus Lord

12. New Again

13. Pure Souls

14. No Child Left Behind

would have been a much more coherent record. I’d probably take one or two extra out of that too.

About halfway through...no album needs to be 1 hour 48 minutes does it? Agree with Matt, the religious stuff is just completely and utterly cringe at this point.

There's deffo some fantastic stuff on here though, just a shame it's drowned out by all the filler. You can only assume Kanye has too many yes men around him agreeing to everything.

Why is this album named DONDA? I feel like he should have saved that title for an album that’s more personal than this. Whilst he is making decent beats again the “theme” of this album is the same theme he’s been pushing for a while now. Ye had more of a narrative than this… and this album is named after the most important woman in his life.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Why is this album named DONDA? I feel like he should have saved that title for an album that’s more personal than this. Whilst he is making decent beats again the “theme” of this album is the same theme he’s been pushing for a while now. Ye had more of a narrative than this… and this album is named after the most important woman in his life.

Probably shouldnt have a sex offender and homophobe on it either 

Edited by zahidf

9 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Amazing how that was all forgotten in 24 hours, right? 

It really wasn’t. It’s incredibly shitty. But, he’s had Chris Brown on a song before and nobody gave much of a shit, or at least didn’t stop listening, so why would this time be any different? Being a Kanye fan unfortunately comes with a lot of baggage you have to try and push to the side to enjoy the music. We all know what he’s doing here with these guys is the behaviour of an arsehole.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It really wasn’t. It’s incredibly shitty. But, he’s had Chris Brown on a song before and nobody gave much of a shit, or at least didn’t stop listening, so why would this time be any different? Being a Kanye fan unfortunately comes with a lot of baggage you have to try and push to the side to enjoy the music. We all know what he’s doing here with these guys is the behaviour of an arsehole.

Realised this looked as though it was directed at you @FloorFiller (it wasn't). One skim through twitter and I'm seeing Kanye fans laughing it off and showing genuine glee that Manson's involvement on the record has been included. DaBaby's involvement is one thing but Manson's is disgusting and should be nowhere near public life. (TRIGGER ALERT: domestic / sexual abuse: Actress Esmé Bianco: Marilyn Manson “Almost Destroyed Me” (thecut.com)  

36 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Realised this looked as though it was directed at you @FloorFiller (it wasn't). One skim through twitter and I'm seeing Kanye fans laughing it off and showing genuine glee that Manson's involvement on the record has been included. DaBaby's involvement is one thing but Manson's is disgusting and should be nowhere near public life. (TRIGGER ALERT: domestic / sexual abuse: Actress Esmé Bianco: Marilyn Manson “Almost Destroyed Me” (thecut.com)  

Yeah 100%. And it's JUST Kanye being a prick.  There isn't a musical justification for it.