Kanye West

dentalplan

I’ve been binging Ye since the Donda hype started a couple of weeks ago. Without a doubt my favourite solo artist ever. 

Favourite Kanye albums in order, anyone?

1. MBDTF 

2. Yeezus 

3. The College Dropout 

4. Graduation 

5. 808s and Heartbreak 

6. Late Registration 

7. The Life of Pablo 

8. Ye 

9. Jesus is King 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve been binging Ye since the Donda hype started a couple of weeks ago. Without a doubt my favourite solo artist ever. 

1. MBDTF 

2. Yeezus 

3. The College Dropout 

4. Graduation 

5. 808s and Heartbreak 

6. Late Registration 

7. The Life of Pablo 

8. Ye 

9. Jesus is King 

9. Life of Pablo Honey

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

1. MBDTF 

2. Yeezus 

3. The College Dropout 

4. Graduation 

5. 808s and Heartbreak 

6. Late Registration 

7. The Life of Pablo 

8. Ye 

9. Jesus is King 

I pretty much agree with this order. I would also add in Freshman Adjustment perhaps above College Dropout just because I prefer some of the versions of songs. I know it's debatable if FA is an official release but it's a solid piece of work.

Edited by discgoesmic

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

1. MBDTF 

2. Yeezus 

3. The College Dropout 

4. Graduation 

5. 808s and Heartbreak 

6. Late Registration 

7. The Life of Pablo 

8. Ye 

9. Jesus is King 

On a different day/mood I could switch some of the middle ones around, but yeah, this seems like the right order for me too. Kind of expecting Donda to come in between TLOP and Ye at this point, but we shall see.

2 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Do you prefer the remix or the original? Great track, I think my favourite is Gone

Gone is an absolute belter and one of my all time favourite Ye songs. Top three for sure. 

Another of my favourites is his remix of Get By from classic era Kanye. 

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think with a bit of an edit it could well be, but as it is it’s a bit overstuffed and has a few half baked tracks.

But then Graduation has Barry Bonds, so…

It's an explosion of everything I love and hate about Kanye, as such the rough makes the smooth stronger for me. Please Please Me is a more coherent, consistent album than the White Album but one is a decent pop record and the other a masterpiece, I know which I'd rather throw on.

There's holes in my logic but that's how I see it anyway. The nature of TLOP probably puts it third on my list.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

When you factor in his work on The Blueprint too, plus all the production and all the guest spots for others... he owns the 21st century. The first 15 years of it at least.

And yet he’s not a very good rapper. I mean he can do it, sure, and he has his moments but it’s the beats and production that make Kanye the man. His rap skills just aren’t bad enough to spoil it. Not sure what the popular consensus is on that here. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

And yet he’s not a very good rapper. I mean he can do it, sure, and he has his moments but it’s the beats and production that make Kanye the man. His rap skills just aren’t bad enough to spoil it. Not sure what the popular consensus is on that here. 

Yeah he's pretty shit at rapping, as you say it's just not bad enough to spoil it. His energy and attitude sells it for me as well which I guess it gets a bit more decisive as he puts more of himself into the tracks later on.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Definitely my favourite artist of all time too, just hit after hit.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

2. The Life of Pablo

3. The College Dropout

4. Yeezus

5. Graduation

6. Late Registration

7. Watch The Throne

8. Ye

9. Kids See Ghosts

10. 808's & Heartbreak

11. Jesus Is King

17 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Something wrong

I hold my head

Kanye bad

kalifire said

If I date this Ddiamondd

And he just cooked some casserole

And I get sauce on my ‘clava

I’m gon’ feel like a casserole

Edited by kalifire

He’s obviously not as gifted a rapper as he is a producer but I still think he’s a very good rapper.

Big early hits like Jesus Walks and All Falls Down were a blend of strong technical performances and catchy beats. MBDTF he’s on fire throughout. Even on No More Parties in LA he wipes the floor with Kendrick (although feature Kendrick isn’t really Kendrick).

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

1. MBDTF
2. College Dropout
3. Late Registration
4. Yeezus
5. Graduation
6. The Life of Pablo
7. Watch the Throne
8. Kids See Ghosts
9. Jesus is King

10. 808’s and Heartbreak
11. Ye

Obviously all a matter of personal opinion, but Jesus is King above 808s is just ludicrous. 

I’ve never been massive on Watch The Throne. I remember being disappointed by it at the time and only went on to give the handful of songs I really liked repeated listens over the years. I listened to the whole thing back again a couple of weeks ago and the highs are so high but the lows are pretty low. It’s way too inconsistent. 

Good Music Cruel Summer includes some absolute gold. Mercy, Cold, Clique, New God Flow and I Don’t Like are all bangers and are some of my most frequently played Kanye songs. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve never been massive on Watch The Throne. I remember being disappointed by it at the time and only went on to give the handful of songs I really liked repeated listens over the years. I listened to the whole thing back again a couple of weeks ago and the highs are so high but the lows are pretty low. It’s way too inconsistent. 

Yeah I barely find myself ever wanting to go back to WTT, and whenever I do I have the same ‘wow there’s some great shit here’ reaction for the first half followed by ‘eh there’s some pretty so-so stuff here too’ reaction to most of the second half. Think the hype surrounding it and then Otis dropping and being incredible outweighed the whole project itself. Still though, the highs are fucking great. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He’s obviously not as gifted a rapper as he is a producer but I still think he’s a very good rapper.

Big early hits like Jesus Walks and All Falls Down were a blend of strong technical performances and catchy beats. MBDTF he’s on fire throughout. Even on No More Parties in LA he wipes the floor with Kendrick (although feature Kendrick isn’t really Kendrick).

Seriously? Even feature Kenny easily pushes him to the side for me.

Cracking song though.