Kanye West

dentalplan

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kanye loves controversial people. Trump, Manson, DaBaby etc. It’s part of his God complex, Jesus hung around with the downtrodden so Kanye wants to as well. All part of him playing the part of a biblical figure.

Wouldn't describe Trump, Manson or DaBaby as downtrodden lol.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Media downtrodden. Kanye buys into the voice of the media a lot.

Let’s call it what it is....

If you’re going to befriend c***s like this then you become one yourself. 

The guy is irrelevant to me because of his association with these low lives. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Media downtrodden. Kanye buys into the voice of the media a lot.

I think it's a reach to say it's a biblical thing but he is definitely into celebrities being misrepresented by the media and 'misunderstood'. He was pretty obsessed with OJ before the God stuff and also the whole "BILL COSBY INNOCENT" episode.

Anyone want to talk about the songs? There are a lot of them, and a surprising amount of good ones on there.

I think Heaven and Hell, Hurricane and Jesus Lord are the biggest standouts for me. The Larry Hoover Jr. voicemail on the latter is moving - kinda has you feeling conflicted as we all know Kanye is kind of a shithead but he and Kim did do a bunch for prison reform and trying to get people free.

The Pt.2 things had me curious looking at the tracklist but they're essentially the same track with different guest verses, right? Could left those as bonus tracks or just fucked them off completely.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anyone want to talk about the songs? There are a lot of them, and a surprising amount of good ones on there.

I think Heaven and Hell, Hurricane and Jesus Lord are the biggest standouts for me. The Larry Hoover Jr. voicemail on the latter is moving - kinda has you feeling conflicted as we all know Kanye is kind of a shithead but he and Kim did do a bunch for prison reform and trying to get people free.

The Pt.2 things had me curious looking at the tracklist but they're essentially the same track with different guest verses, right? Could left those as bonus tracks or just fucked them off completely.

Yeah, the whole thing is way overlong, but remove like ten tracks (including all the pt. 2s) and there’s a really great album there I think. The whole album rollout has massively overshadowed the album itself, especially with a lot of people having heard a lot of these songs through live streams first, but once the dust settles on the controversy etc I think some of these songs will be seen as some of his best, or at least best in a long time. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, the whole thing is way overlong, but remove like ten tracks (including all the pt. 2s) and there’s a really great album there I think. The whole album rollout has massively overshadowed the album itself, especially with a lot of people having heard a lot of these songs through live streams first, but once the dust settles on the controversy etc I think some of these songs will be seen as some of his best, or at least best in a long time. 

I think it's the most we can hope for from Kanye nowadays really.

I doubt he's ever going to make a tight, all-killer album ever again - which isn't great for folks who listen purely to albums, naturally. But we're in an age where artists are putting out a lot of songs they think are good and letting the consumers decide which ones they want to listen to. We can skip the filler tracks, make our own playlist from it, whatever.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Let’s call it what it is....

If you’re going to befriend c***s like this then you become one yourself. 

The guy is irrelevant to me because of his association with these low lives. 

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think it's a reach to say it's a biblical thing but he is definitely into celebrities being misrepresented by the media and 'misunderstood'. He was pretty obsessed with OJ before the God stuff and also the whole "BILL COSBY INNOCENT" episode.

I mean, for a guy whose philosophy at the moment is seeing himself as a biblical figure and being obsessed with the label of ‘genius’ it isn’t a reach. I honestly think he sees cancel culture at the moment as a new form of persecution. It’s a very privileged outlook on the world and doesn’t feel like a reach from him at all. He even said countless times that he supported trump because it felt like he was doing something controversial or wrong, and it made him feel powerful by doing something that would shock others. It’s like a child trying to get attention from a parent…which has been a running theme in Kanye’s life.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'd take a guess that Kanye hasn't.

Yeah - his opinion probably goes as low as “I like you because everyone hates you - I’m not like the others”. Or, “Jesus was friends with the persecuted”. It’s very Kanye.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

1. Jail

2. Off The Grid

3. Hurricane

4. Praise God

5. Ok Ok

6. Believe What I Say

7. 24

8. Heaven and Hell

9. Donda

10. Jesus Lord

11. New Again

12. Pure Souls (could be cut)

13. Come to Life

14. No Child Left Behind.

Made my own Donda by Spotify playlist and it’s a much tighter album.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean, for a guy whose philosophy at the moment is seeing himself as a biblical figure and being obsessed with the label of ‘genius’ it isn’t a reach. I honestly think he sees cancel culture at the moment as a new form of persecution. It’s a very privileged outlook on the world and doesn’t feel like a reach from him at all. He even said countless times that he supported trump because it felt like he was doing something controversial or wrong, and it made him feel powerful by doing something that would shock others. It’s like a child trying to get attention from a parent…which has been a running theme in Kanye’s life.

Yeah - his opinion probably goes as low as “I like you because everyone hates you - I’m not like the others”. Or, “Jesus was friends with the persecuted”. It’s very Kanye.

1. Jail

2. Off The Grid

3. Hurricane

4. Praise God

5. Ok Ok

6. Believe What I Say

7. 24

8. Heaven and Hell

9. Donda

10. Jesus Lord

11. New Again

12. Pure Souls (could be cut)

13. Come to Life

14. No Child Left Behind.

Made my own Donda by Spotify playlist and it’s a much tighter album.

Where tf is Moon you maniac.

I’m away at the moment so not had a chance to listen too much, but yeah I think mine wouldn’t be too far off this. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where tf is Moon you maniac.

I’m away at the moment so not had a chance to listen too much, but yeah I think mine wouldn’t be too far off this. 

Trying to keep it below an hour. I do agree that it’s a much better album when you try and fix it to 12 songs. 

if it was a 12 song album and say 2/3 bonus tracks on a deluxe I honestly think the reviews would be that Kanye is back on form.

Just now, Matt42 said:

if it was a 12 song album and say 2/3 bonus tracks on a deluxe I honestly think the reviews would be that Kanye is back on form.

I don't think any album could have made critics praise it that hard.

I agree about Moon being left off - sorry @FloorFiller - I think that's a pretty disappointing track for a Cudi and Ye joint.

As for surprises, Fivio Foreign (who I'd never heard of before) blows the bloody doors off in Off the Grid.

Just now, dentalplan said:

As for surprises, Fivio Foreign (who I'd never heard of before) blows the bloody doors off in Off the Grid.

Yep, Kanye goes hard on that song - the hardest he has in a long time - and this dude blows him out of the water. Definitely got my attention. I believe his next album is fully produced by Kanye so will certainly be checking that out.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think any album could have made critics praise it that hard.

I agree about Moon being left off - sorry @FloorFiller - I think that's a pretty disappointing track for a Cudi and Ye joint.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep, Kanye goes hard on that song - the hardest he has in a long time - and this dude blows him out of the water. Definitely got my attention. I believe his next album is fully produced by Kanye so will certainly be checking that out.

A note that the instrumental on Off The Grid is absolute fire

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Speculation he’s headlining Coachella, but I think that it’s still unlikely he will make it to the UK. Didn’t realise he hasn’t played a show here since Glasto. Doesn’t seem like he’s a touring artist anymore.

It's always there as a rumor and no, there are just better options to choose from. He got his mountain and there is nothing else to really accomplish. If he ends up on the poster its the move which required the least amount of effort which I dont think after this whole time is going to be anywhere near satisfying for myself personally or a lot of other people. Cause its just going back to square one. He was supposed to headline in 2019, then dropped off and came back. Now 3 years have gone by and you still want to bring back the same artist yet again and hope they dont cancel or do something crazy with everything else on top of it. As much as the move will court controversy and all that, there is no point in doing it. 

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It's always there as a rumor and no, there are just better options to choose from. He got his mountain and there is nothing else to really accomplish. If he ends up on the poster its the move which required the least amount of effort which I dont think after this whole time is going to be anywhere near satisfying for myself personally or a lot of other people. Cause its just going back to square one. He was supposed to headline in 2019, then dropped off and came back. Now 3 years have gone by and you still want to bring back the same artist yet again and hope they dont cancel or do something crazy with everything else on top of it. As much as the move will court controversy and all that, there is no point in doing it. 

He’s mad popular man. You can’t deny it. He’s to coachella what Radiohead is to us. Plus, he’s not outright headlined since 2011, they will want him back on any year.

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s mad popular man. You can’t deny it. He’s to coachella what Radiohead is to us. Plus, he’s not outright headlined since 2011, they will want him back on any year.

Radiohead has headlined Coachella 3 times so it isnt an exclusive club, and theyll get a 4th time soon enogh over here. Popularity isnt what this comes down to anyway. Its sold out so you arent worried about a ticket onsale here.  You cant sit there and say this is the best move when you got a list as long as your arm who could headline instead, especially now after Covid. Goldenvoice hopefully learned their lesson after the whole RATM/My Chemical Romance mess, despite it not being their only error, just the most recent.

36 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Radiohead has headlined Coachella 3 times so it isnt an exclusive club, and theyll get a 4th time soon enogh over here. Popularity isnt what this comes down to anyway. Its sold out so you arent worried about a ticket onsale here.  You cant sit there and say this is the best move when you got a list as long as your arm who could headline instead, especially now after Covid. Goldenvoice hopefully learned their lesson after the whole RATM/My Chemical Romance mess, despite it not being their only error, just the most recent.

Whilst people have lots of opinions about Kanye, most of the doubters would be front row if he performed anywhere. 

Despite everything if he announced tickets for a UK show I’d probably be in line for tickets. Even if I’ve not been one of his most loyal fans.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whilst people have lots of opinions about Kanye, most of the doubters would be front row if he performed anywhere. 

Despite everything if he announced tickets for a UK show I’d probably be in line for tickets. Even if I’ve not been one of his most loyal fans.

Lol I wouldn't. That Trump, nonce and rapist loving twat can go f×ck hinself