Football 2021/2022

jyoung

11 hours ago, thetime said:

For me it's a bit weird having a 36 year old and a 34 year old leading the line. Goes everything against what united is allabout for me, yes we've had ageing players before like Teddy and Zlatan. 

2 together though, which will certainly bring goals. But hey not what I'd prefer.

Yeah I agree. Really hope it doesn’t take too much playing time away from Greenwood either, but it’s going to isn’t it. 

12 hours ago, thetime said:

You are never interested talking about football are you.

Only seems to communicate in tweet dumps, which should be banned IMO. Tweets are for Twitter

12 hours ago, thetime said:

For me it's a bit weird having a 36 year old and a 34 year old leading the line. Goes everything against what united is allabout for me, yes we've had ageing players before like Teddy and Zlatan. 

2 together though, which will certainly bring goals. But hey not what I'd prefer.

Yeah but theres so much the younger lads (like Lingard) can learn from those two. 

Not sure, but the squad is looking like having an average age of Fergies magical 28. Im sure someones done the maths somewhere.

Messi's PSG debut tonight.

49 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Only seems to communicate in tweet dumps, which should be banned IMO. Tweets are for Twitter

Agreed 

49 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah but theres so much the younger lads (like Lingard) can learn from those two. 

Will he be there much longer?

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Probably not. Would you have him back for 15m?

If it was the Lingard that played the first 10 games then snap your hand off. If it was the Lingard that played the last 6 games then not a chance. 

We have bigger concerns in other areas but overall yes I’d take him. Suspect there’s other suitors mind that are more attractive to him. Just don’t see him getting much game time for Man Utd so assume he’ll be off. 

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

If it was the Lingard that played the first 10 games then snap your hand off. If it was the Lingard that played the last 6 games then not a chance. 

We have bigger concerns in other areas but overall yes I’d take him. Suspect there’s other suitors mind that are more attractive to him. Just don’t see him getting much game time for Man Utd so assume he’ll be off. 

10 good games from 16 is a great return for Lingard. 

57 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

On the safe standing thing, I was wondering if anyone knew if it allows for increased capacity or whether it's just the same and people are expected to stand? 

And would you still have an allocated bit to go to or would it be unreserved ? 

You still have an allocated position if it’s “safe standing” 

I can’t see them having unreserved standing like their is in some German stadia but it’s better than the current position (albeit I’ve never sat in my West Ham seat for the last 30 years at either place) 

Safe standing is being installed as part of the planned redevelopment of Elland Road. 

Most fans don’t sit down anyway especially not last weekend when it pissed it down and all the seats were wet in the front rows. Having proper standing areas mean more room to stand in instead of being stood in front of your seat which makes it safer. 

When your team is playing exciting football you don’t want to sit down. 

I'm seeing West Ham are being linked with Vlasic instead of Lingard? It would be just our luck him performing well in the prem after the players we've churned through since we sold him

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

On the safe standing thing, I was wondering if anyone knew if it allows for increased capacity or whether it's just the same and people are expected to stand? 

And would you still have an allocated bit to go to or would it be unreserved ? 

I think everyone is allocated a space with a seat

24 minutes ago, lost said:

I'm seeing West Ham are being linked with Vlasic instead of Lingard? It would be just our luck him performing well in the prem after the players we've churned through since we sold him

Its silly season isn’t it - everyone being linked with everyone, agents trying to drum up business for themselves 

29 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Its silly season isn’t it - everyone being linked with everyone, agents trying to drum up business for themselves 

I always actually thought he looked pretty good for us and would of been worth holding onto as he was pretty young when he signed. The £100m+ dropped on Sigurðsson, Gomes and Iwobi along with £200k a week on James doesn't seem to have created any long term solution in that position.

Edited by lost

Demarai Gray could well end up being the best value signing of the summer couldn’t he? Always thought he was a good player at Leicester, quick and direct. Think Rafa and Everton will go very well under the radar this season, aiming for the solid rather than spectacular. 

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Demarai Gray could well end up being the best value signing of the summer couldn’t he? Always thought he was a good player at Leicester, quick and direct. Think Rafa and Everton will go very well under the radar this season, aiming for the solid rather than spectacular. 

He's looked excellent I've been really surprised. I said before I think the club is looking to consolidate whilst the stadium is being built which is why Rafa has been brought in so a push for top 4 is probably no longer a target.

I guess alot may depend on if Mbappe goes to Madrid and PSG want Richarlison but there is some business rumoured to be going down in the next few days. Kean to Juve to replace Ronaldo and James going to Porto with Luis Dias coming the other way.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Chelsea are the team to beat to win the title, same as citeh couldn't beat them last season. When they had a player sent off yesterday I thought they were going to get tonked. 

........... The same citeh that won the title? 

Your obsession with city fascinates me. It's genuinely the only reason I visit this thread ahah. Easty moving from Manchester and seemingly not flying the flag around here anymore is a loss to us all.

While I'm here, finally got back in my seat yesterday (was on a plane last week), good to be back innit.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

You still have an allocated position if it’s “safe standing” 

I can’t see them having unreserved standing like their is in some German stadia but it’s better than the current position (albeit I’ve never sat in my West Ham seat for the last 30 years at either place) 

Ah ok cheers. 

Yeah I'm all for it as a rule change, but I guess it doesn't change much in that case. 

Chelsea had rail seating installed at both ends in the summer. But pretty much all the time everyone stands there anyway. 

I did see a thing of a West Brom fan being banned for 'persistent standing' recently so will be good to get it passed 

20 minutes ago, priest17 said:

........... The same citeh that won the title? 

I still see City as clear title favourites. Chelsea and UTD should be pushing and Liverpool slightly behind purely because of squad depth. 

City are just very accustomed to this whole title campaign thing now. It seems like you play Norwich or Burnley at home every week and beat them 5-0 every time. Dont think the others have that consistency in them yet but we'll see.

A lot of the time people make sweeping statements when the seasons barely started - spurs were top in November last season! 

A lot of people writing of Liverpool. If VVD, Mane, Salah and Firminho stay fit theyve as good a chance as anyone. 

I think we may see a "whats his best 11" conversation happen at Utd until Xmas after a few dodgy results. Big test to see if Ole can manage all that talent now. Very competitive top 4 for the first time in years.