Football 2021/2022

jyoung

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

A lot of people writing of Liverpool. If VVD, Mane, Salah and Firminho stay fit theyve as good a chance as anyone. 

I think we may see a "whats his best 11" conversation happen at Utd until Xmas after a few dodgy results. Big test to see if Ole can manage all that talent now. Very competitive top 4 for the first time in years. 

Mane hasn't looked great in a long time to be honest. Salah/Mane/Firminho really isn't the world beating front 3 some people think it is anymore. Though Jota is excellent.

Their first XI is really good I just don't see them matching their level from 2/3 years ago when everyone around them has considerably strengthened. 

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

A lot of people writing of Liverpool. If VVD, Mane, Salah and Firminho stay fit theyve as good a chance as anyone. 

I think we may see a "whats his best 11" conversation happen at Utd until Xmas after a few dodgy results. Big test to see if Ole can manage all that talent now. Very competitive top 4 for the first time in years. 

Well hopefully cavani and ronaldo will be available by then. What do you think the formation will be? I can't imaging ole going with 2 up top, I also can't imagine ronaldo being happy rotating.

So for uniteds 5 forward positions, you would imagine 4 will be 1st choice playing most of the games(pogba, bruno, ronaldo, sancho). 

Then you got to fit in cavani, rashford, martial, James, greenwood.

I can't imagine united will have the same 11 many times this season. 

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

........... The same citeh that won the title? 

Your obsession with city fascinates me. It's genuinely the only reason I visit this thread ahah. Easty moving from Manchester and seemingly not flying the flag around here anymore is a loss to us all.

While I'm here, finally got back in my seat yesterday (was on a plane last week), good to be back innit.

The same citeh that come up short of their hopes. And who won't win the title without a striker Inferior Torres doesn't count, need a manager who isn't a transfer magpie a good manager would have snapped up the best striker getting transferred this summer Ings. Instead of going and failing for everything that glitters. 

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Honestly no idea. Ronaldo will play though. Every league and CL game. Cavani will want to play too obviously. And he should, so..

Maybe this?

utd-png.png

So no midfield?  Big old space in the middle there 

Realistically Greenwood ain't getting a game with Ronaldo there

This game is fairly illustrative of that

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

The same citeh that come up short of their hopes. And who won't win the title without a striker Inferior Torres doesn't count, need a manager who isn't a transfer magpie a good manager would have snapped up the best striker getting transferred this summer Ings. Instead of going and failing for everything that glitters. 

Poor little city winning the Premier League and the cup that's basically their invitational now 😞

We do need a striker but if you've watched Torres over the last couple of weeks and decided he's not good enough you need to give your head a wobble.

Ronaldo saga excluded, your transfer magpie allegations are just straight up wrong. 

26 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Poor little city winning the Premier League and the cup that's basically their invitational now 😞

We do need a striker but if you've watched Torres over the last couple of weeks and decided he's not good enough you need to give your head a wobble.

Ronaldo saga excluded, your transfer magpie allegations are just straight up wrong. 

I've watch torres since he's been in England and even spniads I know don't think he's much cop. 

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've watch torres since he's been in England and even spniads I know don't think he's much cop. 

Been great the last few games, and a few champions League games last season, knows where to be which is very useful in this team.

44 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Grealish, Mbabe, kane, skippy. Should have gone for ings. 

Grealish and Kane were both part of long term plans, we've never gone for mbappe. He's not perfect in the windows but every move we've made in the last 5 years has had purpose. More than can be said about our noisy neighbors. 

59 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Been great the last few games, and a few champions League games last season, knows where to be which is very useful in this team.

Grealish and Kane were both part of long term plans, we've never gone for mbappe. He's not perfect in the windows but every move we've made in the last 5 years has had purpose. More than can be said about our noisy neighbors. 

If citeh were buying with purpose would have been trying for a left back. Or a striker who you'd get. Like ings. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

If citeh were buying with purpose would have been trying for a left back. Or a striker who you'd get. Like ings. 

Ings would have been a decent signing but we had clear plans for Kane that obviously fell through. My hope is we're saving up for Haaland next year but it's been a shakey window, I'm not massively confident. 

Just now, priest17 said:

Ings would have been a decent signing but we had clear plans for Kane that obviously fell through. My hope is we're saving up for Haaland next year but it's been a shakey window, I'm not massively confident. 

I kane was always going to bump up against levy. And maybe not get passed him. So a plan b was needed. 

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

No way on this earth haaland is going to city.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I kane was always going to bump up against levy. And maybe not get passed him. So a plan b was needed. 

That's all well and good but we were clearly confident about signing him. Questions need to be asked about the whole thing but, to use your example, we couldn't keep Ings hanging on the whole time. It's not been a great window, you won't find a city fan who thinks it has, I was taking exception to the idea we're only going after the shiniest offering as apposed to having any sort of long term plan.

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

That's all well and good but we were clearly confident about signing him. Questions need to be asked about the whole thing but, to use your example, we couldn't keep Ings hanging on the whole time. It's not been a great window, you won't find a city fan who thinks it has, I was taking exception to the idea we're only going after the shiniest offering as apposed to having any sort of long term plan.

They offered 50 million less for kane than levys asking price. They can't have been THAT confident....

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

The plan was throw big money to land big names which only works if they get landed. Going for the more landable target of ings would have better. And ings isn't much of a step down against kane.