Football 2021/2022

jyoung

7 of the first 11 are very good. 4 not so much, and the squad is absolute shite. Moyes’ two biggest achievements are refusing to bolster the squad with more shite and hiding the weaknesses of the first XI. Injuries and opposition managers more astute than Rodgers will see us moving down the table. 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still don't get why City are pursuing a 28 year old Kane when Mbappe and Haaland are on the market for similar amounts...

Yeah it's an interesting one. Mbappe definitely wants to go to Madrid so maybe that's why? You'd think they could get Haaland though. All I can think is Kane is homegrown but that's no a big enough reason at all.

Just now, jyoung said:

Yeah it's an interesting one. Mbappe definitely wants to go to Madrid so maybe that's why? You'd think they could get Haaland though. All I can think is Kane is homegrown but that's no a big enough reason at all.

For that money I’d be wanting a long term solution (same with Lukaku). You’ll get 2-3 years of Kane at his absolute peak, compared to a decade of Haaland.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

For that money I’d be wanting a long term solution (same with Lukaku). You’ll get 2-3 years of Kane at his absolute peak, compared to a decade of Haaland.

Agreed but football doesn't really work in long term solutions all too often anymore does it. Whoever gets Haaland next year for 60m or whatever it is will be laughing. The wages will be through the roof though.

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Agreed but football doesn't really work in long term solutions all too often anymore does it. Whoever gets Haaland next year for 60m or whatever it is will be laughing. The wages will be through the roof though.

I'm braced for the inevitable disappointment in February when Bayern announce they've already agreed the transfer.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm braced for the inevitable disappointment in February when Bayern announce they've already agreed the transfer.

Idk mate. I just read that one of the reasons Chelsea went for Lukaku instead of Haaland is because they didn't want to pay a 21 year old more than double the wages of any other player in their squad. Considering that many players in the squad have won titles etc, I'd say that is probably fair. Idk what Bayern's wage bill is like but yeah.

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Idk mate. I just read that one of the reasons Chelsea went for Lukaku instead of Haaland is because they didn't want to pay a 21 year old more than double the wages of any other player in their squad. Considering that many players in the squad have won titles etc, I'd say that is probably fair. Idk what Bayern's wage bill is like but yeah.

I'd imagine they'll see him as the perfect replacement for Lewandowski.

You would imagine Haaland and mbappe destinations are already known, thats why the big guns have looked elsewhere.

Chelsea don't really see the long term vision do they? Why should they, there model has won them multiple titles and 2 champions leagues.

Lukaku is certainly not a long term signing.

Just now, thetime said:

You would imagine Haaland and mbappe destinations are already known, thats why the big guns have looked elsewhere.

Chelsea don't really see the long term vision do they? Why should they, there model has won them multiple titles and 2 champions leagues.

Lukaku is certainly not a long term signing.

It's a fair and valid point about Chelsea's short-termism, they and City don't really need to worry about getting "value for money" the same way other clubs do.

Yup City now being linked with Ronaldo. Richarlison is being linked with PSG if Mbappe moves on but I would of thought Ronaldo to PSG and maybe Richarlison at a later transfer window so Qatar sports investment can go into the world cup having united Ronaldo and Messi.

Ha!

On Levy’s choice to keep Kane this summer, The Athletic continue: ‘He felt deeply affronted by the conduct of Kane and his family throughout this process, from the leaking of Kane’s desire to leave and that Neville interview right at the climax of Spurs’ season in late May, through to Kane’s unauthorised absence from pre-season training at the start of this month.’