Football 2021/2022

jyoung

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They didn’t. One of the great myths about big name signings is that they make a tonne of money off of shirt sales.

Adidas on the other hand made a shit tonne…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-psg-shirt-sales-transfer-how-much-money-barcelona-explained-1148091/amp

I had no idea the clubs cut was that small, says on average 7%. No club is making their money back on any signing with shirt sales at that rate

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nah, it's Adidas and Nike who get rich.

To be fair don't shirt sponsors / manufacturers pay a fat wedge to the club anyhow? 

It's an investment on their end really isn't it? Which pays off clearly in a big way if a club goes out and gets the likes of Ronaldo / Messi etc.

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

To be fair don't shirt sponsors / manufacturers pay a fat wedge to the club anyhow? 

It's an investment on their end really isn't it? Which pays off clearly in a big way if a club goes out and gets the likes of Ronaldo / Messi etc.

Yep, Adidas signed a 10 year deal with Man Utd starting in 2015 worth £750m. There were strong rumours that they had a significant part to play in Pogba’s return to the club, as he was also an Adidas ambassador. 

7 hours ago, st dan said:

Yep, Adidas signed a 10 year deal with Man Utd starting in 2015 worth £750m. There were strong rumours that they had a significant part to play in Pogba’s return to the club, as he was also an Adidas ambassador. 

Adidas got a great deal.

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Must admit I’m a bit fearful Southampton will be lambs to the slaughter in the early KO.

For some reason I really fancy Greenwood to bag a few.

Half right (well, maybe 1/4 right).

Really intrigued to watch Lukaku today. I don't think it's fair to suggest he's the same player he was a few years ago. He's undoubtedly improved since being at Inter. 15+ goals in the league for him I reckon.

I’ll caveat this by saying I’m a Leeds fan so coming at it from a neutrals perspective but really looking forward to the West Ham v Leicester game tonight.

Really enjoy watching both sides play and can honestly see it being a very good game.

Therefore a 0-0 inevitably awaits 😔

Interested to hear others thoughts on how West Ham have now got it “right” so to speak? It was only 2 seasons ago there was proper anarchy in the ground wasn’t there?

Is Moyes really that good?!