Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Amazing

To be fair, without going into a discussion about whether it was a penalty or not, surely no one can deny that it was a controversial penalty?

Even if you’re the biggest England fan in the world and are adamant that it is a  definite clear penalty, there’s no denying that it’s controversial (and the Danes would certainly see it that way) 

DISCLAIMER- I am not defending the Sun, Scottish or otherwise, just wondering what is wrong with the headline.

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

To be fair, without going into a discussion about whether it was a penalty or not, surely no one can deny that it was a controversial penalty?

Even if you’re the biggest England fan in the world and are adamant that it is a  definite clear penalty, there’s no denying that it’s controversial (and the Danes would certainly see it that way) 

DISCLAIMER- I am not defending the Sun, Scottish or otherwise, just wondering what is wrong with the headline.

Actually, just had a look at the English Sun (I know, I know) and they’ve done the opposite. They’ve completely ignored the controversy over the England penalty. Haha.

1 hour ago, waltere said:

I "may" have been drinking for a while at this point, but I'm genuinely confused as to how that penalty could possibly be considered controversial.

Minimal contact, as far as I could see. I was sure the VAR would deny us. That said, we deserved a penalty earlier when Kane was fouled (and the referee decided to give a free kick the other side), so all good.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Question: if you had to give up one, which would it be: 

Ticket for Sunday's final or Glastonbury 2022? 

Sundays final.  Can watch it at home with my loved ones and friends around me quite happily.  The ticket would have also cost me double what a Glasto ticket did 😂

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Question: if you had to give up one, which would it be: 

Ticket for Sunday's final or Glastonbury 2022? 

Oooohhhh…. Tough one.

Probably Glastonbury. Festivals come along every year, but England in a final at Wembley is once in a lifetime stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oooohhhh…. Tough one.

Probably Glastonbury. Festivals come along every year, but England in a final at Wembley is once in a lifetime stuff.

Ok, great. I'll DM you the address to send your Glastonbury ticket. 

Have you even planned Sunday yet? The atmosphere in London is going to be off the charts. Early start, breakfast, mooch around the city, head over to Wembley around 4/5? What a day you've got ahead of you, regardless of the result. Momentous. 

Soak it all up, mate. 

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dunno if you saw this on the telly or not but the car crashed into the plinth that the ball was on and knocked it off.

Highlight of the entire night for me.

ITV didn’t even show the car (or the Eriksen shirt tribute) as they had cut to the ads…

7 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Actually, just had a look at the English Sun (I know, I know) and they’ve done the opposite. They’ve completely ignored the controversy over the England penalty. Haha.

Was reading The Metro on my way into work this morning and they were the same.

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Have you even planned Sunday yet? The atmosphere in London is going to be off the charts. Early start, breakfast, mooch around the city, head over to Wembley around 4/5? What a day you've got ahead of you, regardless of the result. Momentous. 

Soak it all up, mate. 

My mate booked us a hotel a while back so I'll be in the Wembley area from 1.30pm or so...will have some lunch then get on it but not too much as I want to remember the occasion!

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Soak it all up, mate. 

Not even thought about it yet pal. Mrs J is taking the kids to see her parents for a couple of days and will be back Sunday lunchtime. I’ll make sure I see them for a bit when they get back then head out about 4ish to get to Wembley around five.

Last night we all met around 5.30 and just had some beers on Wembley Way. Unfortunately the number of utter Neanderthals around made it slightly less enjoyable but hopefully Sunday will be better.

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My mate booked us a hotel a while back so I'll be in the Wembley area from 1.30pm or so...will have some lunch then get on it but not too much as I want to remember the occasion!

Yeah getting the booze equation right is absolutely key.

Only had the equivalent of two pints before going in last night and didn’t bother with the queues inside the ground. If anything I felt under prepared.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah getting the booze equation right is absolutely key.

Only had the equivalent of two pints before going in last night and didn’t bother with the queues inside the ground. If anything I felt under prepared.

I'll allow myself to have 3 or 4 but once you start heading towards the 6-7 pint mark then you're in trouble (if nothing else i find you just can't concentrate on a football match after that amount)

What was it like last night in general? Few of my mates went and said the atmosphere was tense in ground but great outside afterwards.

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Absolutely. What a day it's going to be for you. As I said to Hugh, take it all in. Events like this come around almost as frequently as Halley's comet

Funny how lots of people are telling me I'm 'lucky' to have a ticket and someone has already offered to buy mine off me for £1,500.

The same people who told me 18 months ago I was stupid to pay £500 for a game that could have been Switzerland v Turkey.

47 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

ITV didn’t even show the car (or the Eriksen shirt tribute) as they had cut to the ads…

I fucking hate ITV. Their hub thing kept failing on us mi-match yesterday. So frustrating.

I still can't believe England are in the final! I'm old enough to remember the Southgate penalty in 1996, this feels a long way from those days.