Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah just general obnoxiousness, loads of kids (18-24) acting like big men on their big day out.

It'll be like that again on Sunday I'm sure.

I used to go to a lot of England games (1996-2008 ish) then stopped in part due to the nobheads that go, especially to tournaments...some of the stuff I saw at the World Cup in Germany in 2006 was just plain embarrassing. But it just keeps happening year after year, generation after generation....sadly I don't think it will ever change.

I've done so many Arsenal away games over the years and only very, very occasionally have I seen similar stuff...but with England it just seems to be a given.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I used to go to a lot of England games (1996-2008 ish) then stopped in part due to the nobheads that go, especially to tournaments...some of the stuff I saw at the World Cup in Germany in 2006 was just plain embarrassing. But it just keeps happening year after year, generation after generation....sadly I don't think it will ever change.

I've done so many Arsenal away games over the years and only very, very occasionally have I seen similar stuff...but with England it just seems to be a given.

It’s a cultural thing, we breed generation after generation of morons who think it’s alright to act like c**ts in the name of football.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Interesting. I thought it was moodier when coming out. Understandably a lot of non-ticket holders had gathered, some just to enjoy the night but some to case the joint, as it were. Added a bit of darkness as they came forward while people surged out to the tubes.

The walk-up to Wembley Way was as gleeful as it was for Spain v Italy, I thought. Hugely good-natured boozing in the sun, not a load of hooligans. It was popping off in the bars, people chanting and swinging shirts as if we had won the thing. Up by the ticket gates it did get a bit testy, but there had been a few blokes rejected at the door who added to the friction.

Not a hint of bad blood up in the stands — compared, again, to Spain v Italy, where at least one fight broke out near me. Just tension... and then delirium.

Might sound silly but I'm concerned at people pickpocketing phones to get in on Sunday...with it being on home soil you never know what people might do just to get in the ground.

My brother has gone into the ballot for Boxpark at Wembley but wants to drink with us before hand on Wembley way and I think a lot of others will do the same....so i think its going to be very, very busy.

Why were people getting rejected at the gates?

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Might sound silly but I'm concerned at people pickpocketing phones to get in on Sunday...with it being on home soil you never know what people might do just to get in the ground.

My brother has gone into the ballot for Boxpark at Wembley but wants to drink with us before hand on Wembley way and I think a lot of others will do the same....so i think its going to be very, very busy.

Why were people getting rejected at the gates?

Makes me wonder if they’ll block off WW to ticket holders and local residents only.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Makes me wonder if they’ll block off WW to ticket holders and local residents only.

Yeh I can see that happening...tbh it would make me a bit less on edge if I knew everyone around me had a ticket and there wasn't going to be some sort of bundle at the gates.

I'll be going in about 90 mins before hand I think, its one game I'm not chancing to the last minute!

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Rejected at the gates for all sorts: not having covid passes, being too aggy, tickets for another game, the usual. A few unlucky guys got rumbled by the sniffer dogs.

Not to confirm your fears but Boxpark will be heaving. They can't even show the game (some sort of ridiculous zoning restriction, apparently) so maybe pick a Plan B if you're fretful.

Yeah I saw a guy doing a runner from the police with the dogs after him. He didn’t get far.

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I can see that happening...tbh it would make me a bit less on edge if I knew everyone around me had a ticket and there wasn't going to be some sort of bundle at the gates.

I'll be going in about 90 mins before hand I think, its one game I'm not chancing to the last minute!

I don't think there'll be bundles at the gates because there are two or three checkpoints you need to get through before you reach the turnstiles, I'd be shocked if there weren't additional security measures in place too.

But yeah, keep a close eye on your phone at all times. Don't have it out and certainly don't have it unlocked.

9 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Rejected at the gates for all sorts: not having covid passes, being too aggy, tickets for another game, the usual. A few unlucky guys got rumbled by the sniffer dogs.

Not to confirm your fears but Boxpark will be heaving. They can't even show the game (some sort of ridiculous zoning restriction, apparently) so maybe pick a Plan B if you're fretful.

Sniffer dogs....I assume this was for coke and not weed?!

Boxpark can't show the game?  Why are they running ballots for it then? 😕

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Back to a back three I’d imagine - same team as Germany with the likes of Sterling and either Saka or Sancho to get at them with pace.

Game could genuinely go either way, right now I’d say it’s 55:45 in favour of Italy, but that’s based on nothing but a feeling.

Italy have been best team in the tournament but we’re a close second. 

If we play a back 3 and use our pace I think we can win this. 

Major thing for us will be ensuring our midfield track back much quicker when we lose possession. 

Denmark broke with pace a few times last night, if Italy so that we could be in trouble given their quality.

Just now, nikkic said:

Italy have been best team in the tournament but we’re a close second. 

If we play a back 3 and use our pace I think we can win this. 

Major thing for us will be ensuring our midfield track back much quicker when we lose possession. 

Denmark broke with pace a few times last night, if Italy so that we could be in trouble given their quality.

England and Italy have been the best two sides in the tournament without doubt.

Team selection will be key on Sunday -  not sure if we’ll go for a back 3/5, or if we’ll try and match them in midfield with a 4-3-3.
Stopping them dominating in the middle of the park is vital - we can’t afford to sit off and let Veratti, Jorginho and Barella pick us apart.