Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

42 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Says a lot about this England team I’m demanding perfection 😂 Thing is though I think they’re capable of it. A few years ago just not embarrassing themselves would have been a result…!

the thing that the last few tournaments have really taught me is that a team really doesnt have to be perfect to win it. They really dont. Portugal in 2016 were crap. France is 2018 were the best team, yes, but they also played with a striker in Giroud that didnt score a single goal all tournament - echoes of their 98 side and Guivarc'h, who was absolutely dreadful. Imagine the nationwide clamour if Kane hadnt scored so far, there was more than enough stick for him after the group stage alone! 

I think taking one match at a time - colossal cliche, but true - is the way to win a tournament. You just have to keep finding a way to get through each round. And England, with their individual set-ups for each opponent, are doing that 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

England need to start the mind games. No need to be subtle.  Deep fry their pizzas, that’s an old Scottish trick guaranteed to wind up any Italian. 

To be fair, it'd wind up anyone with taste buds or sense of decency.

Me and my girlfriend booked a table at our local Italian for tomorrow night a few weeks ago 🤦‍♂️  Might have a bit of a laugh with the owner as he’s from Sorrento (we go there regularly)

I also work with a guy who’s originally from Turin!  (he’s lived in England for about 15 years)

2 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Final ticket secured, wow cant believe it. I started this tournament sat in a hotel in Poland watching games on my own and now i've been to Wembley for Germany, Denmark and now the final! So excited!

How did you get one?