Download 2023

11 minutes ago, guylin29 said:

Against the Current/Alter Bridge/The Amity Affliction/Amon Amarth/Arch Enemy/August Burns Red/Avatar/Bad Omens/Bad Wolves/Black Flag/Bob Vylan/Butcher Babies/Candlemass/Clutch/Coheed and Cambria/Crown the Empire/Deep Purple/The Devil Wears Prada/Electric Callboy/Employed to Serve/Five Finger Death Punch/Florence Black/Gojira/Halestorm/Hatebreed/Jinjer/Judas Priest*special guests/Kadavar/Katatonia/Lamb of God/Mammoth VH/Northlane//Nothing More/Orbit Culture/Pantera/Papa Roach/Pop Evil/Saxon/Skid Row/Sleep Token/Suicide Silence/Thundermother/Turnstile/Underoath/Vended/Wig Wam/Wolfmother

You sent us into a very brief frenzy on the official forums thinking this was a leak 😂

Deep Purple would be wild. Was pretty certain they didn't do festivals where they're second-billed because Gillan's ego couldn't take it?

Piss-poor sales in Leeds last year, to be frank. Definitely a sub, possibly even third, despite their legacy and reputation.

Coheed and Cambria would be terrific sauce.

Not on that above list, but have just twigged - The Gaslight Anthem's latest batch of US dates runs exclusively through May next year.

That's enough of a hunch for me to think they may have EU shows in the summer. Can only imagine Download for them now - they drew a pitiful crowd in '15, just before the "hiatus", at R+L. (They might well be kicking around at Glastonbury too.)

38 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not on that above list, but have just twigged - The Gaslight Anthem's latest batch of US dates runs exclusively through May next year.

That's enough of a hunch for me to think they may have EU shows in the summer. Can only imagine Download for them now - they drew a pitiful crowd in '15, just before the "hiatus", at R+L. (They might well be kicking around at Glastonbury too.)

Think Trees could be after them as a headliner? Pretty perfect fit in terms of size and sound. Would also explain why they've still been unannounced.

1 minute ago, BlackFoxx said:

Think Trees could be after them as a headliner? Pretty perfect fit in terms of size and sound. Would also explain why they've still been unannounced.

Hadn't even crossed my mind. Would be a very good shout. Love them, but find it hard to judge size. Was at the O2 Apollo gig in Manchester, which was a sweaty sell-out, but from what I saw, they were maybe 60% filled at Wembley Arena, which is a bit of a shame.

8 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Screenshot_20230215-225414.png

I’ll take that all day if it’s real. Think it might be as there’s no Seether on the poster and I heard the other day that they had pulled out.

Disappointed about no Limp Bizkit but with Alter Bridge, FFDP, Halestorm, Carpenter Brut (who I was really hoping for), Clutch and Electric Callboy being added (and that’s just the bigger bands, haven’t even done a deep dive into the smaller font) I’m really happy with that line up!