Download 2023

3 hours ago, beetchez said:

Rough guess of placements. Halestorm could possibly be third down.

iea75e7gwg5a1.jpg

Looks good but if it turns out like this, I'm scared of clashes. Never been to Download but i got tickets for next years. For example, I would wanna see Slipknot, Ghost and Simple Plan on the Sunday. Do they make that possible or will there be clashes? 

15 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Looks good but if it turns out like this, I'm scared of clashes. Never been to Download but i got tickets for next years. For example, I would wanna see Slipknot, Ghost and Simple Plan on the Sunday. Do they make that possible or will there be clashes? 

Main and Second headliners didn’t clash at all last year and I can only assume they’re sticking with that this year. 

2 hours ago, guylin29 said:

What are the chances for Greta Van Fleet?

I would be surprised; they only seemed to take higher slots at festivals they played last year and we’re fairly well covered for that. Don’t think they’ve got any dates in Europe around DL either 

16 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

As above, Simple Plan are out of the question. Definitely be some nasty clashes next year but as always it's better than milling about with nothing to do!

17 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

The worst clash for me would be Ville Vallo vs Pendulum vs Andrew WK. Not seen the former or latter. Personally I don't think Andrew WK would close out a stage though and after last time I think they go on the Zippo.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

The worst clash for me would be Ville Vallo vs Pendulum vs Andrew WK. Not seen the former or latter. Personally I don't think Andrew WK would close out a stage though and after last time I think they go on the Zippo.

Andrew WK? Is he playing? Or are you just going by the guessed line up earlier in this thread?

Edited by rivalschools.price

9 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Anyone seen the Hellfest line up? It's genuinely shockingly bad, actually the first time I've ever thought that about that festival too. 

Like it's the first time I've not had like 100 clashes. 

Loads I'd watch. Friday is so good. It's definitely not shockingly bad.

You should take note though with a longer festival this year they already had multiple bands Download have booked this year.

If a festival has 6/7 days instead of 4 then they are able to sign more especially on a year where bands can play again.

Worth noting as well this looks like the best Download have done for a while. They've actually taken notice and I dare say they've booked acts they wouldn't usually because they can't just fill 3 days with the same recycled stuff. 

9 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah there’s a few bands I’d definitely have at Download from that Hellfest poster; Puscifer, Sum 41, Papa Roach, Florence Black, Halestorm, Carpenter Brut, Alter Bridge, Incubus and Electric Callboy and that’s just looking at the first two stages 

I think Sum 41 might be too much of a repeat for Download. 

I think it's because 2021 was so powerful, it was basically about 90% of the rock/metal bands that I love that are still going that Id ever want to see. 

I know it's two weekends but this is basically the ultimate line up for me, minus a few bands like Sleep and Tool which would be the icing on the cake. 

Deftones, Ghost and Gojira is a proper chefs kiss set of headliners for me too. 

The only issue here is that there is a basically a clash every single day on every single stage, that's not a bad problem to have though. 

HELLFEST-FINAL-LINEUP-2022.png

Edited by Xeph1995

3 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Anyone seen the Hellfest line up? It's genuinely shockingly bad, actually the first time I've ever thought that about that festival too. 

Logo bands aren't great but I will admit the hardcore bands they got is really good. Though, not much point wishing most of those at Download since they'll most likely get scooped up by Outbreak.

16 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

mate it shits on the download line-up. Not the best its been but over 30 bands I'd be excited to watch. Download fuck all.

1 hour ago, mr_vicarious said:

mate it shits on the download line-up. Not the best its been but over 30 bands I'd be excited to watch. Download fuck all.

Kiss and Iron Maiden did Download this year. Def Leppard and Motley Crue are a yawn fest, particular the former who no one under the age of 50 wants at Download ever again. Slipknot are at Download next year anyway. 

Looking down the bill there are plenty who are already at Download or will almost certainly get announced for it. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Kiss and Iron Maiden did Download this year. Def Leppard and Motley Crue are a yawn fest, particular the former who no one under the age of 50 wants at Download ever again. Slipknot are at Download next year anyway. 

Looking down the bill there are plenty who are already at Download or will almost certainly get announced for it. 

It wasnt the headliners that grabbed me, its all the other bands. Candlemass, Bloodbath, 1914, Suffocation, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Weedeater, crowbar, and loads more.

Just hope the next announcement will have some of these bands. 

2 hours ago, mr_vicarious said:

It wasnt the headliners that grabbed me, its all the other bands. Candlemass, Bloodbath, 1914, Suffocation, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Weedeater, crowbar, and loads more.

Just hope the next announcement will have some of these bands. 

I'm just not sure Download as a big mainstream rock festival is going to appeal to you if you're primarily looking for small niche metal acts. Kinda seems like you'd be better off looking for smaller festivals / individual gigs than spending £350 to watch Candlemass. A festival like Hellfest that bills itself as an "extreme music festival" is ALWAYS going to look better to you, DL and HF aren't quite apples and oranges but red apples and green apples

Edited by BenG92