Download 2023

A Few bands I’d have at Download from there; I’d love them to continue booking bands outside of the “normal” Download sphere like they have with Placebo, Barns Courtney from there would be a welcome addition. On a related note, not that this would ever happen but I’m having a look at Primavera and I would love it if they went for My Morning Jacket. Can’t really think of anywhere else they would fit in the UK and a band I would love to see

6 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Turnstile have to be thrown in the mix for this. Would love for them to appear, they were so good at Outbreak fest.

Turnstile were thrown into the mix a few weeks ago when they were announced Rock Am Ring. Also I could be wrong but I swear that one of the Download leakers said, or at the very least hinted that, Turnstile were booked for Download.

10 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

I’d love them to continue booking bands outside of the “normal” Download sphere like they have with Placebo

This is what I hope from Download every year but it never happens. Maybe that means Download isn’t the festival for me, and maybe that’s why next year will be my first time. But I can’t help but look at festivals across Europe that have Download headliners and a substantial Download undercard but book acts that R&L have started to neglect and Download have never booked.

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Papa Roach

Pendulum / Electric Callboy / Hollywood Undead

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Within Temptation / Jinjer

Evanescence / Alexisonfire / Cradle Of Filth

METALLICA / Five Finger Death Punch / Placebo / The Pretty Reckless

Disturbed / The Distillers / Nothing More

SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Gojira / Arch Enemy

Ghost / Incubus / Beyond The Black

• Like 1

Well, after Resurrection Festival announcement today, I think we can count on Pantera as well at DL.

Do you guys reckon that The Ghost Inside could be a possibility? Or is more a chance for them to be at Slam Dunk? I have been wanting to see them for so long...

Screenshot_2022-11-30-10-08-34-949_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-30-10-03-25-994_com.instagram.android.jpg

21 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

A Few bands I’d have at Download from there; I’d love them to continue booking bands outside of the “normal” Download sphere like they have with Placebo, Barns Courtney from there would be a welcome addition. On a related note, not that this would ever happen but I’m having a look at Primavera and I would love it if they went for My Morning Jacket. Can’t really think of anywhere else they would fit in the UK and a band I would love to see

I know they're much later on in the year but End of the Road and Green Man would be the kind of festivals that would go for My Morning Jacket. 

1 hour ago, lexiins said:

Well, after Resurrection Festival announcement today, I think we can count on Pantera as well at DL.

Do you guys reckon that The Ghost Inside could be a possibility? Or is more a chance for them to be at Slam Dunk? I have been wanting to see them for so long...

Screenshot_2022-11-30-10-08-34-949_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-30-10-03-25-994_com.instagram.android.jpg

The Ghost Inside played Download this year so quite unlikely to return next year.

23 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

Pendulum / Alexisonfire

__

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Turnstile

Evanescence / Within Temptation

__

METALLICA / Five Finger Death Punch / Disturbed

Placebo / The Distillers

__

SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Gojira

Ghost / Lamb Of God

Within Temptation won't play below though, one is going to be 3rd with the other second stage. Really Evanescence should be subbing.

12 hours ago, beetchez said:

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Papa Roach

Pendulum / Electric Callboy / Hollywood Undead

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Within Temptation / Jinjer

Evanescence / Alexisonfire / Cradle Of Filth

METALLICA / Five Finger Death Punch / Placebo / The Pretty Reckless

Disturbed / The Distillers / Nothing More

SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Gojira / Arch Enemy

Ghost / Incubus / Beyond The Black

Pretty sure Jinjer will be Slipknot day. Papa Roach are most likely for Sunday given they are doing Friday at Nova Rock. Pretty much rules out Thursday and Saturday.

I would be on Placebo and Disturbed switching. Papa Roach under Ghost.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Saw them last night at Stylus. I actually went to see King Nun support them (weird choice of support, kinda an indie band and it seemed no one enjoyed them except us). The HU were okay, definitely unique. Wouldn't go back to see them though as the songs were all quite similar.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, thewayiam said:

Within Temptation won't play below though, one is going to be 3rd with the other second stage. Really Evanescence should be subbing.

Pretty sure Jinjer will be Slipknot day. Papa Roach are most likely for Sunday given they are doing Friday at Nova Rock. Pretty much rules out Thursday and Saturday.

I would be on Placebo and Disturbed switching. Papa Roach under Ghost.

Sorry if I've missed it but have Ghost been confirmed for a specific day yet?

Cheers 

11 hours ago, Saint17 said:

Sorry if I've missed it but have Ghost been confirmed for a specific day yet?

Cheers 

Legit leaker on the official forums said he had heard headlining 2nd stage on Sunday before Slipknot, but that it's always subject to change until they drop the day splits next year

46 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Turnstile surely a shout at Download, doing Brixton on 30th May, not at Slam Dunk, currently free on the Friday, Saturday & Sunday of Download I believe, I'm just hoping my wishes turn it into actuality 

Pretty sure somone confirmed them, but said they'd be announced later