Download 2023

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Two members (well… everybody but Jason) have left Fever 333. Wonder if he’ll hire new members and continue under that name or if that’s the end of them for good already. 

He did say something on Daniel P Carters show about Reading and Leeds being the last shows before Fever333 starts a new chapter. This was obviously what he was talking about.

Theyve a Uk tour booked for February so looks like they’ll continue with the same name. 

13 hours ago, beetchez said:

I'd let out a huge groan if Def Leppard are one of the headliners.

My mrs is already out due to work sadly so this definitely wouldn't help the case for me going it alone / convincing someone to drop £275 on her ticket.

17 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Think we can rule RATM out now. Just cancelled their 2023 USA tour dates due to Zach's injury. 

Maybe that’s what the delay is? Maybe they’d booked RATM and are scrambling around for a replacement (as long as they do a better job of replacing them than Reading/Leeds did haha)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Maybe that’s what the delay is? Maybe they’d booked RATM and are scrambling around for a replacement (as long as they do a better job of replacing them than Reading/Leeds did haha)

That was one theory, yeah, although the sensible money would have been on Slipknot anyway, only further backed up by their recently announced tour plans that give them a big fat free slot on Sunday to close Download.

There hasn't really been a delay in an announcement to be fair. The first announcement for 2020 was the 23rd of September, 2019 was 23rd of October and 2018 was 6th of November. Can't really count 2021 and 2022 due to the cancellations of Covid. 

Also not convinced that RATM were at all booked since we have had no indication that when they'd be touring Europe, if at all, in 2023. I reckon the delay is due to Metallica.

Edited by justanothername

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

When you look at other Euro fests that haven't announced its a possibility but gotta think Metallica are the hold up. Probably embargoed until they can announce all once.

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Also Full Force did their first announcement last week. 2 weeks after download and I suspect some bands will appear here as well.

20221005_105905.thumb.jpg.cc029990ba422030a46ae151afbf75c6.jpg

Jinjer deffo due a mainstage spot.