2021 lineup rumours

blutarsky

15 minutes ago, zico martin said:

James is a nice addition, need to some homework on the rest now - does anyone do a Spotify playlist round these parts?

I'll knock up a Deezer one over the weekend and make it public

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

Frank Turner, James, Levellers, Gary Numan, Alabama 4, Skindred, Dreadzone, Gentelmans Dub Club, From the Jam, Hawkwind, Ferocoious Dog, The Orb, Mungos Hi-Fi, Slipmatt 2 all good for me.

Shame Flogging Molly went as me and my friend who are going are both big fans but it is what it is I guess given the circumstances!

Roll on August and fingers crossed it goes ahead!

On 5/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, Flaminglippy said:

Don't think I have been less concerned about a line up announcement for a festival I have tickets to than this one. If they announce the remaining Chuckle Brother hitting himself over the head with a metal tray as one of the headliners I'll still be up for it...just being there will be enough. 

This.

It can piss down all weekend as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously I hope fervently it doesn't!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Frank Turner, James, Levellers, Gary Numan, Alabama 4, Skindred, Dreadzone, Gentelmans Dub Club, From the Jam, Hawkwind, Ferocoious Dog, The Orb, Mungos Hi-Fi, Slipmatt 2 all good for me.

Shame Flogging Molly went as me and my friend who are going are both big fans but it is what it is I guess given the circumstances!

Roll on August and fingers crossed it goes ahead!

I'd have been happy with FM as I've never seen them, but I've got half an eye on a lineup that works for my group so we can enjoy it collectively.

Skindred I know I'll be on my own but I don't  give a shit 😄

54 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd have been happy with FM as I've never seen them, but I've got half an eye on a lineup that works for my group so we can enjoy it collectively.

Skindred I know I'll be on my own but I don't  give a shit 😄

I’ll likely be on my own for quite a bit of it my mate is bringing his 8 year old daughter … should be interesting 2 men and a little lady 

My mum had James on repeat throughout the 90s - amazing how I can sing along to every word now without really having listened to them in years. 

Plenty there of interest for me.

Having a listen now to the two ska bands on the lineup, Dubioza Kolektiv and Los De Abajo - like them so far. 

Would have liked Flogging Molly but there'll be another chance some time I'm sure. 

13 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

My mum had James on repeat throughout the 90s - amazing how I can sing along to every word now without really having listened to them in years. 

Having a listen now to the two ska bands on the lineup, Dubioza Kolektiv and Los De Abajo - like them so far. 

Would have liked Flogging Molly but there'll be another chance some time I'm sure. 

Get your ears around Gentleman's Dub Club too, looking forward to seeing them.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

We wandered into their set in 2018. I was about as confused as I've ever been, and I've been pretty damn confused in my time.

Was there too, and that is what is so great about them. Truely quite something original; different...

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Surely not 2018 tho if we're talking Glasto?

2018 Beautiful Days

My brother and I came into the main field as they were playing. It was his first proper festival (sheltered lad).  His face was a wonderful picture 😄

16 minutes ago, zico martin said:

2019, 3.00 in the morning somewhere in the park if I remember correctly (as if) 

Interesting. Saw them in SL mainstage same year. Not seen them at BD, tho have seen them at Bearded and in Liverpool too (latter last gig b4 lockdown).

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Dubioza Kolektiv and James are both brilliant live...its gonna be a great weekend! 

Right, for anyone that wants to start a bit of prepatory listening I've started knocking up a Deezer playlist here:

https://deezer.page.link/8vJ4MeTWxTJkr6ec9

Taken the same approach as the mighty Brave Sir Robin for his annual Glastonbury playlists.  Based on a combination of recent and overall stats from setlist.fm where available, a couple of new tracks here and there that are likely to get played, and using live albums where possible. Idea is to give the best feel of what a live show will be like.

Just been working down the poster, not made it all the way through yet so I'll continue to update.