Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, Rhak said:

Question for W2 goers: anyone see Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever? Enjoyed that new album, saw them once at a festival, loved their vibe. 

I thought they were amazing, but as someone already said, the crowd was quite dead. Expect for a small group of people right next to me, who I think were friends of the band, they knew every single word and jumped through the whole set. Me and some other people joined them when they played French Press and the drummer started to crowd-surf, had a really good time. Top3-gig out of both weekends for me.

• Upvote 1

I was stressed and anxious for days running up to festival, probably with life in general but also hearing about festival disorganisation didnt help. 4th time (W2) and i loved it, saw everyone i really wanted to, timed taking it easy and going hard well. Saw people i knew , think only queued long once for a drink during Gorillaz. Drank the free bottles of water when I could and kept a couple of caps for emergency water in bag with emergency sneaked in tinnie... I'd no real desire to be close to main stages tbh so as long as I could hear i was happy enough to be further back, the side by side stages aided this in a way if you were the opposite side still had room to dance. Saw about 20 acts , a majority women I reckon.

Dua Lipa was fun if not a bit boring? But so many hits, had room to dance with friends so passed the time well.

Megan Thee Stallion came at the right time, unexpected great energy after catching end of Jessie Ware. Thought I was gonna go through the ground during 'body.' Nice set up for end of festival dancing at rayban after.

Yyys just great, welled up during Maps, came out of crowd a sweaty mess after Date with the night.

Tame Impala I finally actually watched after being in the vicinity eating when they're been on twice before lol. Wow, took some time by myself and just enjoyed that set in my own world

CMAT crowd showed up for the early trek to Tous. Goosebumps at 'I wanna Be a Cowboy baby' crowd singing video taken from the stage.

Lorde was fantastic, well paced set. Green light was something I'd wanted to see live since i spent a lot of lockdown watching concert footage so that was a real moment for me (as was what's your pleasure JW)

Amyl & the Sniffers surprised the crowd sang so much round me. However it was the first act I saw and I sweat buckets haha. Thought I was gonna be in trouble rest of weekend but adjusted!

Bits was a real trek but I really liked the area, had a different feel to it. Open the bridge at least 1 way and it'd be a winner .

Wore really supportive running shoes and delighted my back is fine. My thighs struggled with the final few steps up from Cupra though on the last day haha.

Enjoyed the first half of Strokes set, decided to eat and sit down at the back but head bopped to the nostalgic classics and adults are talking.

Mostly ended up preparing own food and with the heat didnt drink as much as i thought so have actually came home with money! Have booked a hotel for next year...

Lot of people with after-PS covid in my group, too 😅: So who's gonna start the forum for the next year? Can't wait already. 

1- remove the vip area from where it was this year. 

2- put the two big stages one in front of the other again 

3- plan some back up headliner. Things aren't going to be any different next year. 

4 - book portishead, nine inch nails and my bloody valentine and I don't need other headliner 

5 - I never thought I would have said this but the worse the clash, the better the outcome of the concert experience, so make everyone clash lol 

Edited by Whos3000_

14 hours ago, Rhak said:

There's so many reasons why covid is so abound: massive crowds, people cheering & singing and lots of small shows in packed venues on top of that. But add an import of Portuguese overworked bar staff (Portugal having had a recent surge) who half of the time didn't wash your cup (or even gave you used ones of other people!) and it's a miracle half of BCN isn't down by now

Putting the fault on the Portuguese...

There were people from more than 100 countries, huge crowds, 99% no wearing a mask (me neither...I had Covid three weeks before the festival).

There was no soap or alcohol to wash your hands in the entire place.

But, of course, Portuguese bar staff were the cause.

And yes. I am Portuguese.

• Upvote 3

This year I missed some musical surprises at the Festival. No Hidden Stage. Thought may Kings of Convencience will play. Or Arcade Fire. But we had only cancellations. For next year, I don't only wait for the line up but even for the timetable. The Line Up Poster shows only half the truth... 

And about Covid/Cups: Nowadays unbelieveable: When buying a beer sometimes you got a used cup from another person without cleaning or anything. For me, having been there for my 8th time, there were too many downers this year. They will win some people over the world but will lose some in Barcelona. 

6 minutes ago, branvan said:

This year I missed some musical surprises at the Festival. No Hidden Stage. Thought may Kings of Convencience will play. Or Arcade Fire. But we had only cancellations. For next year, I don't only wait for the line up but even for the timetable. The Line Up Poster shows only half the truth... 

Just for comparison, the Rolling Stones cancelled their Amsterdam gig a couple of nights ago because Mick caught covid. Gig got cancelled after people had already entered the stadium. So I can cut the organisers some slack here because there's only so much they can do.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scuzzboy said:

this is the interesting part from the interview:

We were going to have a very big stage in the beach area that would help spread people throughout the venue but two months before the festival, Sant Adrià town hall said that they wouldn’t give us a licence for 30,000 people and they reduced it to just 15,000. Then we weren’t able to put the big stage with the big acts in that area, so people really didn’t go to that area of the festival much

assuming they'll get the license next time, this means one of the big stages will be on bits. more clashes, on distant stage, bummer

12 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

assuming they'll get the license next time, this means one of the big stages will be on bits. more clashes, on distant stage, bummer

So more people moving from and to BITS. I can see another problem on the horizon.

45 minutes ago, branvan said:

And about Covid/Cups: Nowadays unbelieveable: When buying a beer sometimes you got a used cup from another person without cleaning or anything. For me, having been there for my 8th time, there were too many downers this year. They will win some people over the world but will lose some in Barcelona. 

I've noticed that! I gave them a cup for refill and they gave me the cup from another person who was ordering with me! I was always asking for a new cup just to escape using my old dirty one, but looks like it was a mistake.

I ended up with some sort of cold, my flight went terrible cuz of that, I didn't take a test and I'm working from home now. My friend developed the same symptoms at the same time! We still think that it was maybe cuz of Razzmatazz, but maybe cups, who knows. I've seen dirty cups in Razzmatazz as well, just washed by pure water.

However, if I'm doing Primavera next year, I'll do just Barcelona. Two weeks is def too long for someone who is hitting 30 soon.

It was a great time, maybe I'll write a review about the artists I've seen.

5 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

I've noticed that! I gave them a cup for refill and they gave me the cup from another person who was ordering with me! I was always asking for a new cup just to escape using my old dirty one, but looks like it was a mistake.

I ended up with some sort of cold, my flight went terrible cuz of that, I didn't take a test and I'm working from home now. My friend developed the same symptoms at the same time! We still think that it was maybe cuz of Razzmatazz, but maybe cups, who knows. I've seen dirty cups in Razzmatazz as well, just washed by pure water.

However, if I'm doing Primavera next year, I'll do just Barcelona. Two weeks is def too long for someone who is hitting 30 soon.

It was a great time, maybe I'll write a review about the artists I've seen.

I never noticed that they gave me a dirty cup, assumed a clean one meant a clean one. Really hope they weren't just routinely swapping dirty ones around? Again down to training partly but surely an element of common sense. I guess washing facilties for cups weren't up to scratch either?

I'm lucky to have not come away with covid it seems - we had it in late March so reckon that helped.

I think I'd go back next year only if they lineup is stacked. I saw more music here than at any other festival, probably partly because there's nothing else going on but mostly because there was so much I wanted to see and so much I missed out on due to clashes. It is tiring though, I felt like I missed out on a lot of exploring too because of the festival hours and catching up on sleep. I was somehow away for 11 days and didn't even catch a tan 😆

1 hour ago, scuzzboy said:

I think that we just forgot how music festivals used to be,” she says. “We’ve had two years of being at home, where you could go to your fridge and get a beer and your toilet is your own and you don’t have anyone around you. 🤡🤡

Yeah, that beer quote is fucking annoying. Of course it's the festivalgoers' fault for.. not being used to queueing? Embarrassing.

The Bits info is interesting but still, potentially tens of thousands of people trying to get back and forth to that area would be a dangerous mess, and only exacerbates the crowding and bottlenecks in certain areas leading to/from it. Just trying to shift people across the site effectively doesn't work when there's simply too many people on site already.

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The Bits info is interesting but still, potentially tens of thousands of people trying to get back and forth to that area would be a dangerous mess, and only exacerbates the crowding and bottlenecks in certain areas leading to/from it. Just trying to shift people across the site effectively doesn't work when there's simply too many people on site already.

moving more people to bits will obviously make the way there more crowded, but it will help the people who stays on the main site, the stages there will be less crowded.

I don't like this direction, but assuming they are not going to sell less tickets (with or without closing/narrowing down bits area) - this is the only solution they have 

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

moving more people to bits will obviously make the way there more crowded, but it will help the people who stays on the main site, the stages there will be less crowded.

I don't like this direction, but assuming they are not going to sell less tickets (with or without closing/narrowing down bits area) - this is the only solution they have 

Weren’t BITS also overcrowded during Grimes and Black Coffee (W2 Day 2)? Where they closed the access to the site. While, at the same time they also close the access to The Strokes at Mordor due to the overcapacity.

hi all, first weekender here, just recovered from covid.

We had great time once again (9th), and i have to say that almost all gigs we attended were superb.

It is obvious that artists love privamera and it is probably their favourite festival.

On the other side, i have to admit with heavy heart, that the festival was dangerously oversold this year.

There were queues everywhere, like never before (auditori, bars, metro/tram/bus). It was kinda stressful.

I couldnt believe my eyes, when rayban (cupra) was almost full during early afternoon shows (faye webster) - used to be half empty at previous editions at that time. Auditori was never queued at 17.00 before (Kim Gordon).

During Dinosaur Jr, we couldnt  find a single spot to be able to watch the stage, and it is an amphiteatre! That was crazy. I cant remember having this issue also with rayban before.

I dont know if the magic is lost, but after many years we re not gonna buy an earlybird, and maybe skip next few editions and try

something different.

9 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Putting the fault on the Portuguese...

There were people from more than 100 countries, huge crowds, 99% no wearing a mask (me neither...I had Covid three weeks before the festival).

There was no soap or alcohol to wash your hands in the entire place.

But, of course, Portuguese bar staff were the cause.

And yes. I am Portuguese.

This is entirely NOT what I said but there was a person here announcing several times you had a surge in Portugal. The bar staff were definitely predominantly from Portugal, they were in a lot of people's faces (trying to understand an order, often from drunk people) and they couldn't keep up with cleaning cups (which was most likely no fault of their own, the same with having covid by the way). I'm not blaming anyone, but yeah those bars & their queues and the indoor shows were most likely the place where a lot went on. I don't want to say they are the only reason either by the way and I am sorry if that is the way it came across. 

Also really funny to see the soap/alcohol argument over & over again here. While yeah that's important for general hygiene reasons (and awful they ran out in the toilets) but for covid it's really not the main issue. Most people get it through the air and being close to other people. Singing, for example, has been shown to have quite the impact, happens quite a lot at festivals too...

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Bram said:

Weren’t BITS also overcrowded during Grimes and Black Coffee (W2 Day 2)? Where they closed the access to the site. While, at the same time they also close the access to The Strokes at Mordor due to the overcapacity.

don't know, WE1 only, but it makes sense that on specific sets the stage will get crowded, I remember that on Radiohead on 2016 for example. IT's not ok if it happens on most of the stages most of the time

21 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

hi all, first weekender here, just recovered from covid.

We had great time once again (9th), and i have to say that almost all gigs we attended were superb.

It is obvious that artists love privamera and it is probably their favourite festival.

On the other side, i have to admit with heavy heart, that the festival was dangerously oversold this year.

There were queues everywhere, like never before (auditori, bars, metro/tram/bus). It was kinda stressful.

I couldnt believe my eyes, when rayban (cupra) was almost full during early afternoon shows (faye webster) - used to be half empty at previous editions at that time. Auditori was never queued at 17.00 before (Kim Gordon).

During Dinosaur Jr, we couldnt  find a single spot to be able to watch the stage, and it is an amphiteatre! That was crazy. I cant remember having this issue also with rayban before.

I dont know if the magic is lost, but after many years we re not gonna buy an earlybird, and maybe skip next few editions and try

something different.

The same here. The festival has reached a huge size and changed its character.