Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, yaniv297 said:

At which time do the tickets go on sale tomorrow? Dice says 5:00 pm but I'm not sure if that's Spanish time or my local time.

Also, how packed do you think Beach Bunny (Sunday) and The Magnetic Fields (Monday) will be? I'm thinking of ordering to guarantee a spot but not sure how necessary it will be. I think there are bigger acts playing those days that are likely to be a lot more packed, but hard to tell how popular certain acts are.

If you bring it up on dice and set a reminder it should say locally for your time (so 3pm UK for me).

Edited by scatteredscreens

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the reasoning behind being able to bring bottles in but not the lids? So you can’t smuggle alcohol in as easily? Just can’t get my head around it.

Yep, it's always been like this. It's so the security can give the bottle a whiff to check it's not spirits.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the reasoning behind being able to bring bottles in but not the lids? So you can’t smuggle alcohol in as easily? Just can’t get my head around it.

I presume it's that but also so you can't use them as missiles? I've been at gigs and festivals with this rule before, but it seems particularly silly if it stops you hydrating in hot weather.

Can you buy bottled water in there?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I presume it's that but also so you can't use them as missiles? I've been at gigs and festivals with this rule before, but it seems particularly silly if it stops you hydrating in hot weather.

Can you buy bottled water in there?

Yes, and there's a couple of water fountains dotted around (though hopefully they'll have added more this year given the increased capacity).

I think (maybe hope is a better word) that they’ll all be easy to get into like in years prior except for Jamie xx and the PC music event which I think will be the highest demand and very hard to get into.. think they should have upgraded the venue on that one. I could see Interpol playing to a half filled Apolo cause all their fans are seeing the stacked Poble Espanyol lineup while the pc music fans waiting around the block could fill up 8 Razz 2’s 

16 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Wait, so I can't take a proper water flask even if it's empty when I come in...? That seems ridiculous. Guess the top is going in my mrs. bra somehow. 

There's no problem here at all.

Take in a water flask. Put the top in a pocket/bra/pants for a few seconds.

The security check is very light and the guards are pretty casual, not officious.

I even got a full bottle of rum in once...

Just now, TapeRecorder said:

Interesting that weekend tickets seem to be selling for around 120£ - 140£ on the secondary market

Been like that most years, hasn't it? Adding the longer planning time and the increased likelihood of falling ill, it doesn't surprise me that there is a lot of fluctuation

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Been like that most years, hasn't it? Adding the longer planning time and the increased likelihood of falling ill, it doesn't surprise me that there is a lot of fluctuation

Ah yeah probably, didn't realise that it was often like that

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's no problem here at all.

Take in a water flask. Put the top in a pocket/bra/pants for a few seconds.

The security check is very light and the guards are pretty casual, not officious.

I even got a full bottle of rum in once...

Yeah not a big deal, just seems very silly that you even have to bother hiding the top if the bottle is plastic and empty. 

Will probably just get nice and drunk prior to entry anyway, these festival prices are gonna kill me. 

2 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Clear booze only one presumes... will have to enjoy my Bucky pre-gig

Any booze you want decanted into a large plastic refill and then wrapped in a towel and shoved down the bottom of a bag with other things strategically placed on top to deny easy guard access

Um, I would imagine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I think (maybe hope is a better word) that they’ll all be easy to get into like in years prior except for Jamie xx and the PC music event which I think will be the highest demand and very hard to get into.. think they should have upgraded the venue on that one. I could see Interpol playing to a half filled Apolo cause all their fans are seeing the stacked Poble Espanyol lineup while the pc music fans waiting around the block could fill up 8 Razz 2’s 

The PC Music night is the same date as Phoenix/Ride/Khruangbin gig for Primavera-kind-of-music lovers and Megan/Bad Gyal gig for popular music crowd, so I hope the mass audience will be a little bit distracted

My take is that there will be less demand for these Ciutat gigs than people expect.

Too many locals that have to work. Too many foreigners that have already gone home, found other things to do or are burned out from constant gigging. Plus there are lots of competing venues.

Especially if you turn up early to the larger venues, I expect few problems.