Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

43 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Obviously going on tour is more than just going back to work. It involves being away from home and loved ones at a difficult time and that may be just too much to face right now. 

I think it's possible the June dates get cancelled but they keep the later tour dates.

It must be awful trying to make a decision about this stuff. Grief is not a linear process so predicting how you are going to feel in even four weeks time is pretty impossible.

I also think logistically, if he does end up touring and it will be deeply personal for him - he will take the whole of June off. His son was in Australia and I imagine he will definitely want to be at his funeral and be with his family. 

1 minute ago, pipan said:

My preliminary a la Ciutat schedule:

Sunday: Poble Espanyol and Razzmataz / Razzmataz 2 - depending on the order of the concerts; if it's not possible to get into any Razzmataz at that time, will go to sleep (our accommodation is really close to Razzmataz)

Monday: probably day off to restore stamina

Tuesday: Paral-lel 62 (Maria Jaume, Renaldo & Clara, L'impératrice)

Wednesday: this day is so stacked, that I don't even consider seeing Interpol indoors as a valid option for the evening; so it will be either Poble Espanyol or Razzmataz 2 (Acid Angel) - depending on the clashes in the main programme; if I'm able to see the Poble Espanyol artists during the main festival days, I will sacrifice Magdalena Bay and go to Acid Angel

Wow. Pretty much identical to mine.

A day off is surely a must for any double weekender…

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Having seen the graphic design for the initial official poster, I feel prepared for anything.

Let's say there is only one major change in the map. What would be the worst possible move for you?

I'm definitely trying for a ticket for that PC Music Acid Angel for Wednesday. Was talking in my group last night about how if you bagged a ticket for the mid week shows on dice, you could just queue up in the main queue and then if you got in before capacity was reached you could just sell your Dice ticket (I won't be doing this for the record, and assume they'll disable re-selling?).

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Do you know if there will be surprises this year? (ie not announced until festival underway)

I don't know that much but if I did it would be a shame if I spoiled something like that 🙂 

I'm aware we only got Pavement a year in advance because of the 20th anniversary but it'd be cool if we got a headliner for 2023 before leaving -although I assume it'd be Arcade Fire so meh-.

Edited by Nesser

2 minutes ago, Nesser said:

I don't know that much but if I did it would be a shame if I spoiled something like that 🙂 

I'm aware we only got Pavement a year in advance because of the 20th anniversary but it'd be cool if we got a headliner for 2023 before leaving -although I assume it'd be Arcade Fire so meh-.

Can't see Arcade Fire getting announced when the festival is over when they're currently selling tickets to their tour. They're also not a massive draw unlike Pavement.

1 hour ago, Johndenis said:

Do you mean it reflects well (or badly?) on her or the fest?

Neither really, just that she doesnt feel headline size at a festival like Primavera. Think it's cool that she is billed that high up but feel like Charli or Beach House were more obvious fits for that size slot.