Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Can you move between rooms 1 and 2 at the Apolo and Razzmatazz Ciutat shows?

(sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, I can't find a definitive answer though)

It's not been a problem with Apolo before. Don't know about Razzmatazz, tho.

5 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

It's not been a problem with Apolo before. Don't know about Razzmatazz, tho.

But with tickets selling separately for Apolo 1 and Apolo 2 shows, there should be at least some kind of wristband check or something (so it probably won't be totally fluent and check-free).

Edited by pipan

1 minute ago, pipan said:

But with tickets selling separately for Apolo 1 and Apolo 2 shows, there should be at least some kind of wristband check or something (so it probably won't be totally fluent and check-free).

Oh, damn. Hope you're not right. I was really hoping to go up and down on Sunday at the Apolo. 

Just now, cortomaltese said:

Im not sure, but I think the ciutat tickets (15% of the capacity) are available for everyone, and not only ps ticket-holders. And of course with the same price.

This doesn't seem 100% right, imo.

There’s actually an argument that festival goers should be banned from buying them just to guarantee their place, considering they have entry already.

I like the idea that local residents can join, who would love to attend but don’t have enough money for a festival ticket.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Lucky Gizz and Simz can be seen separately then 😉

We're around for the 5th so yeah, hopefully we can squeeze an extra Beck, Gizz or Simz show in depending who we miss at the festival. Getting a little antsy about clashes now, just want this damn timetable up so I can set my expectations. 

4 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

Im not sure, but I think the ciutat tickets (15% of the capacity) are available for everyone, and not only ps ticket-holders. And of course with the same price.

This doesn't seem 100% right, imo.

I think it’s fair to give something back to the city for hosting the festival and the thousands of attendees for 12 consecutive days. 

I know that if I lived in BCN and couldn’t afford a festival ticket, I would be absolutely buzzing at the thought of getting the likes of Phoenix, Khruangbin & Ride for €15

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I like the idea that local residents can join, who would love to attend but don’t have enough money for a festival ticket.

Nicely said, totally agree.

However, I don't follow any social media except for Twitter (so maybe Facebook/Instagram fans are alright 🙂 ), but people on Twitter seem to be pretty pissed about this, they feel like they already paid for the PS tickets and they don't like the idea of not being let inside the venue just because some tickets were sold to non-festival-goers.

Edited by pipan
typo

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I also like this idea, but this could be accomplished with a free day in an open area (as Wednesdays used to be), and not clubs with very limited capacity. We ll see how it ll work.

3 minutes ago, pipan said:

Nicely said, totally agree.

However, I don't follow any social media except for Twitter (so maybe Facebook/Instagram fans are alright 🙂 ), but people on Twitter seem to be pretty pissed about this, they feel like they already paid for the PS tickets and they don't like the idea of not being let inside the venue just because some tickets were sold to non-festival-goers.

People just like to whinge. They're already getting the festival they paid for, these gigs are a bonus and the big acts would fill over capacity without the extra 15% sold to the public regardless. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

People just like to whinge. They're already getting the festival they paid for, these gigs are a bonus and the big acts would fill over capacity without the extra 15% sold to the public regardless. 

This, unless you paid the extra buck for the VIP/full weekend tickets there's no guarantee whatsoever + chances are there's quite a few people with festival tickets not taking any chances and buying those tickets anyways. So I'm not even sure there's going to be that many outsiders

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah I agree with the general sentiment, let the locals and venues get a bit more benefit - they've got to deal with my horrible British pronunciation of Spanish words so they deserve something.

Doss ser-vay-sah por-fah-vor? 

At which time do the tickets go on sale tomorrow? Dice says 5:00 pm but I'm not sure if that's Spanish time or my local time.

Also, how packed do you think Beach Bunny (Sunday) and The Magnetic Fields (Monday) will be? I'm thinking of ordering to guarantee a spot but not sure how necessary it will be. I think there are bigger acts playing those days that are likely to be a lot more packed, but hard to tell how popular certain acts are.

1 minute ago, Rhak said:

This, unless you paid the extra buck for the VIP/full weekend tickets there's no guarantee whatsoever + chances are there's quite a few people with festival tickets not taking any chances and buying those tickets anyways. So I'm not even sure there's going to be that many outsiders

To avoid the misleading: those with VIP/full weekend tickets have kind of priority but are still NOT guaranteed to get in