Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Bought mine in 2019 (Dice), no email yet. In fact, I have not had anything from Dice or Primavera since the upgrade to Weekend 2 was confirmed last year. I did drop them an email a couple of weeks ago to point this out in case I'd been missing any updates but no response.

Will hang fire for a week or so and see what happens.

I bought mine as soon as they released it (June '19?) on the regular ticketing service before Dice and just got the email. Clicking on the link at the very end of the mail redirects to the app and already has the code inserted so my W1+W2 pass appeared in seconds. Can't complain at all tbh but I reckon if you bought your ticket to a friend / someone else you might have a hard time because you need the mail.

Also I helped a friend retrieve his ticket on Friday and when we tried to type the code in the app we failed misserably. You need to click on the link that appears at the end of the mail they're sending in order to claim your ticket, otherwise I think it won't work.

Edited by Nesser

46 minutes ago, Nesser said:

I bought mine as soon as they released it (June '19?) on the regular ticketing service before Dice and just got the email. Clicking on the link at the very end of the mail redirects to the app and already has the code inserted so my W1+W2 pass appeared in seconds. Can't complain at all tbh but I reckon if you bought your ticket to a friend / someone else you might have a hard time because you need the mail.

Also I helped a friend retrieve his ticket on Friday and when we tried to type the code in the app we failed misserably. You need to click on the link that appears at the end of the mail they're sending in order to claim your ticket, otherwise I think it won't work.

Exactly

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Has anyone worked out whether this would make it harder to transfer tickets for the last day?

Have a friend who wants to go to the brunch and I won’t make it but sounds like not just a case now of simply giving them the wristband and card. 

in the app the only option seems to be to transfer the whole thing - so i guess it could be possible to do that on the sunday morning - but it will have been 'activated' by then so perhaps not?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Has anyone worked out whether this would make it harder to transfer tickets for the last day?

Have a friend who wants to go to the brunch and I won’t make it but sounds like not just a case now of simply giving them the wristband and card. 

Seems like it may not be any wristbands this year. I don't know 100 %, but after reading this in the FAQ it seems so:

What happens if my mobile phone runs out of battery in the Parc del Fórum?

You'll find charging stations on the Parc del Fòrum site. You can rent a powerbank for €4 (with a €10 deposit).

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In the FAQs it says this isn’t allowed, there was someone asking if they could transfer weekend 2 because they had split a ticket. 
Your ticket in the app has your photograph on (I guess they are trying to do a Glastonbury model) 

But the security checks have never been that stern have they so maybe your friend can just down load the app to his phone, log in as you and your ticket will be there? 
That’s what the FAQs suggest you do if you lose your phone or your battery dies.

I want my wristband back 😢

Bought my ticket in summer '19 from redtkt and received the mail this morning. Similar to others had pre-downloaded the app and tried to link by manually entering the code, but to no avail. 

Following the button at the bottom of the email is the way to go. had no issues once I followed that process.

Less than 60 days to go whoop whoop 😎

28 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Seems like it may not be any wristbands this year. I don't know 100 %, but after reading this in the FAQ it seems so:

What happens if my mobile phone runs out of battery in the Parc del Fórum?

You'll find charging stations on the Parc del Fòrum site. You can rent a powerbank for €4 (with a €10 deposit).

in the past they had both wristbands and the plastic cards, I guess the app replaces the card. Wristbands are far better for security and stewards, and to distinguish between VIP/PRO and other card levels, I doubt they'll give that up

Just had this reply on Twitter about Book/T Shirt/Wristband 

Hi! Don't worry, we will send all information about where and how to pick up your book and t-shirt later on, and you will be able to get your wristband when you get to the festival 🙂

Looks like the app is merely replacing the Plastic Card 

41 minutes ago, Traci said:

In the FAQs it says this isn’t allowed, there was someone asking if they could transfer weekend 2 because they had split a ticket. 
Your ticket in the app has your photograph on (I guess they are trying to do a Glastonbury model) 

But the security checks have never been that stern have they so maybe your friend can just down load the app to his phone, log in as you and your ticket will be there? 
That’s what the FAQs suggest you do if you lose your phone or your battery dies.

I want my wristband back 😢

Very helpful.

I agree, from a punter perspective, just having a wristband was so much easier…

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Postscript: if it just replaces the card then it wont matter so much if your phone dies surely as you’ll already be in.

Not if it also regulates access to VIP areas and so on. 

Also, drink Credit is stored on the app which indicates it could be used as payment method on site. 

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Not if it also regulates access to VIP areas and so on. 

Also, drink Credit is stored on the app which indicates it could be used as payment method on site. 

On the former the above posts were suggesting would be the wristband that continues to do that (what other purpose would it serve?).

And sure would be bit annoying if you can’t pay for drinks if your phone dies but surely your friends could sort you out and then you spend the credit the next day.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On the former the above posts were suggesting would be the wristband that continues to do that (what other purpose would it serve?).

And sure would be bit annoying if you can’t pay for drinks if your phone dies but surely your friends could sort you out and then you spend the credit the next day.

Agreed on the first, but the second would be a very poor choice. Not everyone has their crew around all the time and losing out on drink sales, especially later in the night, just cause you restrict payment methods, would be quite stupid. 

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Postscript: if it just replaces the card then it wont matter so much if your phone dies surely as you’ll already be in.

Yeah but remember you had to use your card to get out most evenings - hopefully it’s phone in and wristband out 

I can’t even imagine the queues to get in in the first day - everyone getting phones out of their safe place, unlocking, opening the app 😂

BUT it’s only 58 days and I for one cannot wait 

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

And what about the organization of La Ciutat gigs? I remember it was mentioned by someone here that they posted somewhere that more info should be coming in March. But maybe I misunderstood something.

Two weeks ago I received this answer after asking PS about the ciutat-gigs:

"All the info about Primavera la Ciutat will be published soon on our website."

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

What's this 'plastic card' thing? 

a credit card thingy that opened the turnstiles, which looks to have been replaced by an app this year. may have had other uses but it stayed in my wallet the whole time. 

i always pay for drinks with cash or my bankcard so no great loss to me to be honest, just another thing to lose!

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Agreed on the first, but the second would be a very poor choice. Not everyone has their crew around all the time and losing out on drink sales, especially later in the night, just cause you restrict payment methods, would be quite stupid. 

I agree with that.

No one plans for their phone to run out of battery, the only point I was making was that if the worst did happen, it’s not like you’d be shut out of enjoying the festival.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

a credit card thingy that opened the turnstiles, which looks to have been replaced by an app this year. may have had other uses but it stayed in my wallet the whole time. 

Interesting, thanks. 

Absolutely baffled that you don't just show your ticket and get a writsband like every other festival ever.