news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yes, you have....but this is a warning to try and get MPs to get behind the PMs...but reality is it would be a really stupid thing to do with the current polls showing that even Johnson could lose his seat.

I don't Johnson would be that bothered if he lost his seat. He is interested in being PM and not representing constituents.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Can he still be PM if he loses his seat? How does that work?

There’s nothing that says what happens if a PM loses their seat. In theory they could become a Lord but it’s fairly unknown. 

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Can he still be PM if he loses his seat? How does that work?

Explained by me poorly. If he lost his seat it would be bad night for Tories and almost certainly a labour government anyway. My point was that I could see him risking his seat, because I don't think the seat means much to him anyway. He will be straight out of the door the second he isn't pm.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Explained by me poorly. If he lost his seat it would be bad night for Tories and almost certainly a labour government anyway. My point was that I could see him risking his seat, because I don't think the seat means much to him anyway. He will be straight out of the door the second he isn't pm.

right..yes, he would.

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This is so disingenuous, it's insulting. She is wrong on so many levels, she knows she's wrong but she hopes that the public don't know enough about our own politics to be fooled by it.

Curiously, if BoJo goes today, his time as PM will be exactly one day shorter than Gordon Brown's.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Come on! We only need 30 more of you rats to scurry off the sinking ship Boris.

Hopefully a tipping point is reached and is compelling MPs to do the right thing. Surely the booing at the weekend has woken some of them up to how unpopular their leader is right now.