news & politics:discussion

zahidf

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

For all Owen Jones moans about RLB I have not heard him make any intellectual argument why labour would be in a better position if RLB had won the leadership contest.

In my view if this had happened labour would be arguing about Jez, arguing about Middle East politics. Burgon and Sultana would be in the shadow cabinet and labour would be behind in the polls.

Some on the left just like to moan and would rather a Tory government than someone they didn’t support in the leadership election it seems. 

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

For all Owen Jones moans about RLB I have not heard him make any intellectual argument why labour would be in a better position if RLB had won the leadership contest.

whatever happened to RBL, turns out only jez has any interest in her.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

In my view if this had happened labour would be arguing about Jez, arguing about Middle East politics. Burgon and Sultana would be in the shadow cabinet and labour would be behind in the polls.

11 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Burnham is actually saying a lot of good stuff, radical changes. I guess that is part of the luxury of being outside the plp, he can be braver, and maybe what he's learnt along the way whilst Gtr Manc mayor. He also is popular, which is a rare thing these days, and seems to be the one potential labour leader who could actually unite the different sides of the labour party. Famous last words.

A lot of people here have been praising Burnham. I find this bizarre. I've always seen him as a flip-flopping populist who says what his audience wants to hear. No consistency in his messaging, and a lot of pandering to his audience. It's why I put him last in my leadership choice in 2015 (based on how things have gone since, I'd now put Corbyn last instead of 2nd).

Edited by kaosmark2

10 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

A lot of people here have been praising Burnham. I find this bizarre. I've always seen him as a flip-flopping populist who says what his audience wants to hear. No consistency in his messaging, and a lot of pandering to his audience. It's why I put him last in my leadership choice in 2015 (based on how things have gone since, I'd now put Corbyn last instead of 2nd).

There's nothing clever from burnham with saying Westminster needs reform, everyone knows it. what would be clever would be laying out a fully joined up new system, that people could support as the replacement system.

58 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

sacrilege

59 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

In many ways Burnham is the labour version of Boris. Will say anything if he thinks it will benefit himself. Of course that can work as Boris has shown.