news & politics:discussion

zahidf

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not so sure he's rattled more just ignoring him, treating him as an irrelevance and beneath him. I reckon that's a lot more along the lines of what Sunak is actually like, the idea he's out of his depth in some way only makes him seem less dangerous than he actually is I reckon

I didn’t get that vibe from that, to me it seems like Sunak got lost trying to go through his notes as you can see the surprise on his face when he gets promoted from the person behind him. 

oh god. The young fascist thing was because I read somewhere that far right parties in Europe and Israel were getting more younger voters these days, but it does look like the young vote came out for the Democrats in US the other day.

And I am not angry about protesters breaking the law, it does get attention which is I guess their main aim, but don't think it's very good for winning over the public and could just creates more division with the climate thing. I guess I was just doing a bit of a devils advocate and defending Starmer.

You would be right Stevie, it doesn’t win over the public as seen through the story where that guy missed his Dads funeral due to the protestors. They’ll end up turning more people off the cause than bringing about change.

Starmer also wouldn’t allow any new oil/gases licenses so he’s the man for them. 

Just down the road from me in a clump of trees next to the ring road ageezer has built himself a shack to live in, its very dickensian. No idea how long he's been there only just noticed him as he's on my route back from the gym. 

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

oh god. The young fascist thing was because I read somewhere that far right parties in Europe and Israel were getting more younger voters these days, but it does look like the young vote came out for the Democrats in US the other day.

And I am not angry about protesters breaking the law, it does get attention which is I guess their main aim, but don't think it's very good for winning over the public and could just creates more division with the climate thing. I guess I was just doing a bit of a devils advocate and defending Starmer.

The police breaking the law doesn't seem too so any harm for their reputation with the public.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It's not the breaking law bit, it's blocking them from getting from A to B.

(and not sure the police's reputation is that great)

The police blocking people getting places doesn't seem to be doing too much.

If the police's reputation is bad, then why is Starmer supporting them and their narrative over that of their victims?