news & politics:discussion

zahidf

So todays leak is that it is confirmed that there are pics of the floppy haired twat at multiple parties. 

Shame that he won’t be in Parliament to face the questions as he’s off pretending to be a leader of a country. 

The big question is will we actually get some answers on the day he actually isn’t there?

8 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Somewhere along the way we got used to the figure of a BILLION pounds being bandied around. It's worth taking a moment to remember that it is 1000 x million pounds.

So with the £13bn PPE waste, plus the £4.2bn fraud write off alone (ignoring all the other government waste & corruption which probably dwarfs these figures) that's 17, thousand, million pounds. Just imagine how that money could have been used to help the needy or been invested in actually, honestly, levelling up deprived areas in this country. It makes me sick to the stomach.

In addition the tabloids and ch5 still love stoking hate with a good benefits swindle story but we're all ok with Liz Truss using 500k of tax payers money on a private jet to Australia? I bet we paid for the food & booze at the number 10 parties too. I'm fucking sick of it all.

yeah, it's a hec of a lot of money. You can excuse some waste when it was a panic situation and they were throwing everything at it...but like you say...13billion?!

10 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Somewhere along the way we got used to the figure of a BILLION pounds being bandied around. It's worth taking a moment to remember that it is 1000 x million pounds.

So with the £13bn PPE waste, plus the £4.2bn fraud write off alone (ignoring all the other government waste & corruption which probably dwarfs these figures) that's 17, thousand, million pounds. Just imagine how that money could have been used to help the needy or been invested in actually, honestly, levelling up deprived areas in this country. It makes me sick to the stomach.

In addition the tabloids and ch5 still love stoking hate with a good benefits swindle story but we're all ok with Liz Truss using 500k of tax payers money on a private jet to Australia? I bet we paid for the food & booze at the number 10 parties too. I'm fucking sick of it all.

Absofuckinglutely this 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I thought very early in covid we would waste a shit load of money trying to get PPE in the bidding war that was happening.  And I think they had little choice to an extent.... but fuck me....  £8.7 billion 😮   That isn't okay...

Whilst I agree,  they were also turning down legitimate sources to favour some of their mates … once these sources had been used . Then I kind of get the fact they might have been scrabbling around for more 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I thought very early in covid we would waste a shit load of money trying to get PPE in the bidding war that was happening.  And I think they had little choice to an extent.... but fuck me....  £8.7 billion 😮   That isn't okay...

its nt so much about over paid, via a bidding war, and more that much that was bought was unsuitable (it needed to meet certain standards).

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Or to put it another way, that's £280 from every tax-payer wasted.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Gove desperately defending the levelling up paper...in the end not enough solutions and not enough money from Sunak......and it probably will look like a fail by next election

it about quietly restoring the funding cut cos of austerity.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

people generally expect the govt to get poor value from taxpayer spends, so its difficult to generate big outrage around poor value spending, especially when the public can see exceptional circumstances.

What if it had been a labour government overseeing this?