news & politics:discussion

zahidf

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s essentially what the group of ERG Tories call themselves, your Mark Francois etc. They believe their opposing Mays Brexit deal was like the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/104166/who-are-the-tory-spartans?amp

Except the Spartans at Thermopylae had honour and fought to the last man to protect their country. 

The only thing spartan when involving the Tories is the state of peoples food cupboards after the mass increase of food and fuel prices. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Except the Spartans at Thermopylae had honour and fought to the last man to protect their country. 

The only thing spartan when involving the Tories is the state of peoples food cupboards after the mass increase of food and fuel prices. 

Of course, their comparison is laughable. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Ah, so if they’re unhappy, Spaffer is in trouble? Imagine they saw through all the Brexit Bonus talk today. I also wonder how many are concerned by Boris doubling down on the Savile row given allegations and rumours made against them in the past.

Funny you should say that, it apparently has done him harm. It’s only a good seat cat strategy if you then don’t go and end up killing the cat in the process.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I can see him winning a VONC and then getting a whisper in his ear that its time to go - much like Thatcher

This will let him exit on his own accord and retain some shred of dignity.  Managed exit.

Lol what about his behaviour in the last month makes you think he has any dignity or shame? He wins rhe VONC he won't resign

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what about his behaviour in the last month makes you think he has any dignity or shame? He wins rhe VONC he won't resign

I think depends on numbers...he might win but not by that much...if that happens he may well promise to resign in the summer or something, otherwise he's always going to struggle to get anything passed. I have mixed feelings, I want Johnson gone, but I think govt could well lurch to the right when he is gone.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think depends on numbers...he might win but not by that much...if that happens he may well promise to resign in the summer or something, otherwise he's always going to struggle to get anything passed. I have mixed feelings, I want Johnson gone, but I think govt could well lurch to the right when he is gone.

And they will lose the next election. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Desperate stuff and awful diplomacy. 

She is honestly like someone from a sketch, can’t believe she’s actually a member of the cabinet! Her selection for cabinet by Johnson would be enough for me to submit a letter! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

She is honestly like someone from a sketch, can’t believe she’s actually a member of the cabinet! Her selection for cabinet by Johnson would be enough for me to submit a letter! 

You have to wonder why Spaffer selected her. It’s well known that he has previously had liaisons with another cabinet member. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You have to wonder why Spaffer selected her. It’s well known that he has previously had liaisons with another cabinet member. 

apparently she was pretty good in her previous ministerial role whatever that was...but there is a low bar to being pretty good it seems these days...and maybe she fiddled with johnson's johnson too...