news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well isn't that how democracy works ? 

Okay we tried this once before so lets try again...

If Johnson "lies" or any MP...

1. who gets to decide if its a lie ? 
  2. who gets to decide they can't be PM or MP ? 

My suggestion is the very people who voted them in...  

What is your suggestion ? 

This is your take on how a democracy in a highly developed country works, yet you call me a simpleton? 

Yet again resorting to ad hominem attacks and name calling. Cretin is really quite offensive - google the etymology if you’re unsure why. 

Blocked, not engaging again. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, maelzoid said:

A good perspective. Can you give a link to those figure please.

I was looking at the pie chart in the top right of this page which had all the 2016-2107 figures, though now I looked at the page again I've realised if I'd scrolled down it also had the figures for 2019-2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_spending_in_the_United_Kingdom

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

many chose to leave the covid thread ... 

yeah it started as a really useful source of information and was pretty much ruined single handedly by Barry Fish who is the only person I've ever used the ignore option for on this forum. His name calling and aggressiveness really stands out in what is a pretty chill forum.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you created the thread asking everyone to be respectful...  

We then had around 29 pages and months of debate which was going fine.  Granted it was a little one sided but then again - it was still just people airing their views. 

You got a bit pissy because it was a bit one sides and stated as much around page 27 or something ...  and finally you dished out the first blow and dished out the abuse saying I spout absolute rubbish.  Thread tone kind of went down hill from there.   I remember it because it was funny how the person pleading for respect was the first person to dish it out 🙂 

Now I am not overall arsed but the way you try and claim some sort of moral authority is crazy given your own conduct at time.

Aren't you an admin ?   Just close the covid thread its an issue for you.  If I am an issue then just ban me.  

See above Barry and the comments on this thread the last 2 pages  take your blinkers off for one second … no I’m not an admin . Anyway night …  

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

You don't think I get abused ?  After you get called an idiot and told you are spouting rubbish you tend to kick back.  This concept its one sided isn't true.  What happens is the minority view point is set upon by the masses and when the minority kicks back its a big issue.

The thing is Barry your opinions get criticised frequently but the tone is normally fairly measured whereas you quickly resort to calling everyone who disagrees with you a c**t. Then everyone starts having a go at you personally. 

Your example of that thread breaking down to insults is crazyfool saying you are "spouting rubbish" that to most people isn't the sort of language that crosses the line

I suspect that you don't actually mind this.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They're still talking about Starmer and Saville on R4's Today...Robinson interviewing Cleverly. To be fair it was Robinson who brought it up, but Cleverly defended Johnson using it in parliament as he was always going to do.

Cleverly? They’re really getting the dregs out to defend this slur.

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

You don't think I get abused ?  After you get called an idiot and told you are spouting rubbish you tend to kick back.  This concept its one sided isn't true.  What happens is the minority view point is set upon by the masses and when the minority kicks back its a big issue.

you deserve ball the abuse you get, you love it too.