news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It is obv too early for a VONC but in the separate inquiry into whether she has broken the ministerial code if she is found to have done- then why shouldn't she resign?

Scottish leaders have gone for less (see: Mcleish, Alexander etc). Why does how appalling the tories are matter? 

Sturgeon is still broadly popular with the public and probably will remain so - Salmond disliked.

They have bigger fish to fry - namely hammering that final nail into the coffin of an archaic, colonial institution- the UK.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson has somehow now attacked Starmer for asking questions on international aid not the pandemic yet if Starmer asks questions about the pandemic Johnson moans that Starmer isn’t supporting him. 

He always does that when he's annoyed that he hasn't been asked the Qs he prepared for! Often he just gives those 'asnwers' anyway.

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Boris trying to justify the sale of weapons to the Saudis 😂 

I'm glad Starmer is asking him about this, it's important to note that not only are we selling weapons, we're providing them with military training (pointing out targets etc). The UK gov has Yemeni blood on it's hands.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Lots of money being spent. I have a feeling that this is going to cost us. 

It wont cost us this year, its totally about getting the economy moving again which I totally agree with this year. The pain will be in the following years when the the economy is back to some level of normality

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what about a flat in sunny Somerset  ? ... mine goes on the market in 2 weeks ... ive timed this ok with those new mortgages I think 🙂 

The wife's already said she won't move to Bristol. I'll just go and float Somerset and report back...

Yeah, you'll dodge the stamp duty too!

I think it’s a very fair budget (so far) given the challenging circumstances. Lots of continued help to those that need it, with little/no impact to the pockets of the average person on the street. Beer tax and fuel duty also cancelled. I think he has struck a great balance here, and knows it should be well received to keep them polling high. 

Whether there is a sting in the years to come is another matter.