Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Ukraine benefit at Wembley Stadium rumoured for Glasto weekend:

Wembley Stadium tipped to host Ukraine benefit gig | IQ Magazine (iq-mag.net)

Great, that will give all the cranks something to complain about other than Glastonbury over the weekend. Might bugger up the viewing figures for Arctic Monkeys though.

Hopefully we’ll see some of this undercard at Glasto. Lizzy is touring the UK in June, Confidence Man are at Down the Rabbit Hole, and Tove Lo has a GSH in her EU tour. Snail Mail would be good too but doesn’t seem to be in Europe until August.

DE040951-7093-4808-B93E-3B9351D2D27E.png

Edited by Punisher

1 hour ago, Punisher said:

Hopefully we’ll see some of this undercard at Glasto. Lizzy is touring the UK in June, Confidence Man are at Down the Rabbit Hole, and Tove Lo has a GSH in her EU tour. Snail Mail would be good too but doesn’t seem to be in Europe until August.

DE040951-7093-4808-B93E-3B9351D2D27E.png

Cool lineup. Would happily take Tove Lo, Romy, and Avalon Emerson for Glasto.

Ladyhawke, the New Zealand singer-songwriter & multi-instrumentalist announces UK tour for summer 2023,

Glasgow King Tuts, 27 June
Newcastle The Cluny, 28
Huddersfield The Parish, 30
Leeds Brudenell, 01 July
Cambridge Mash, 04
Brighton Chalk, 06
London Lafayette, 07
Bristol Pride, 08
Bath Komedia, 09

On 3/5/2023 at 10:54 PM, wro_lap said:

I think it'd be four on the bounce! I'd love her to be there as JP massively overflowed for her set last time and she deserves a shot at the Pyramid - but as you say, they'll probably want to give her a festival or two off before booking her again.

What’s the shortest amount of time for a single artist to complete the set of Tent-Other-Pyramid? I can only think of Mumfords doing three festivals in a row in 2010/2011/2013… Or to play four different (major) stages?

(edit… I’d like to see her back on the Pyramid even if it is four in a row, the JP set was excellent)

Edited by Drinky

I say this with a massive caveat that I don't expect them to rock up.  But...

Levellers have added a couple of live dates in June. Fri 23rd up in Kent, then Sat 24th at A Beautiful Day Out in Bristol.  Main tour has loads of back to back dates so playing the Sunday wouldn't be out of kilter for their scheduling, and the Sat gig puts them bang in the right area.

Again, don't expect them to play. But something to be aware of.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Again, don't expect them to play. But something to be aware of.

Would they play Glastonbury though?

From what I gather they are not into it these days, believe it to be too commercial and foolishly think BD is the only real and non-commercial festival out there.

Just now, Skip997 said:

Would they play Glastonbury though?

From what I gather they are not into it these days, believe it to be too commercial and foolishly think BD is the only real and non-commercial festival out there.

Personally I think they're done with it, their 2010 set was a bit of a final visit for the 40th anniversary. Wouldn't complain if they did though...

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

Personally I think they're done with it, their 2010 set was a bit of a final visit for the 40th anniversary. Wouldn't complain if they did though...

I'd be happy with them playing. Is there tour an acoustic one? Could be on Acoustic for a change if they do play. 

11 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I'd be happy with them playing. Is there tour an acoustic one? Could be on Acoustic for a change if they do play. 

That's what I've wondered.  New acoustic album is out today (it's fantastic btw) and the tour is a seated acoustic job.  Listening to it atm and thinking that maybe they'd go for an acoustic set like the one they normally open BDs with.

Again, don't expect to see them. But reckon the IF they were to show up then it could be in that direction.

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's what I've wondered.  New acoustic album is out today (it's fantastic btw) and the tour is a seated acoustic job.  Listening to it atm and thinking that maybe they'd go for an acoustic set like the one they normally open BDs with.

Again, don't expect to see them. But reckon the IF they were to show up then it could be in that direction.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. In which case it might be better if they didn't turn up as they would be quite high up the bill in that tent and likely be another thing to clash! Be nice to have the choice though. 

24 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Ben Ottewell from Gomez is active in June. Give me a Gomez set anywhere on the farm and I’m there. One of my favourite vocalists.

1BE8D404-9CB4-4083-ADBB-F73D1E528F12.png

Yes please. Been touring with Ian Ball also of Gomez, great show. Would be a must see for me if announced 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:43 AM, Drinky said:

What’s the shortest amount of time for a single artist to complete the set of Tent-Other-Pyramid? I can only think of Mumfords doing three festivals in a row in 2010/2011/2013… Or to play four different (major) stages?

Stormzy went from somewhere in Silver Hayes in (I'm pretty sure) 16, to a high Other slot in 17, to topping El Pointo at the next festival in 19

Edited by waltere