Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

So Friday or Sunday.

The more I think about it, the more it feels like Liam and Maxim were never playing.

Assuming they headline a stage, putting Prodigy WH against Wizkid on the other would be dangerously stupid. West Holt's was already dramatically overcrowded at points last year. That really would be playing with fire.

That would leave Prodigy WH Sunday against Elton and Queens of the Stoneage. While not completely out of the question, it's arguably the worst clash I could possibly imagine and therefore deem it completely impossible.

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Why no pulp?

Available slots for them are dwindelling. Festival have managed to bag Lana who we can assume would sub the mid. The only feasible day for that to happen, based on info we have, is Friday. Thus, the predicament 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw her a few years ago at Liverpool Pride and was surprised just how many songs of hers I knew outside of the obvious couple, and she was very good. Presumably she’d be in Avalon and I’d be there clashes pending. 

Saw her at Victorious, was great fun 

3 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Green Man looks great. Hopefully we’ll get Slowdive, Jockstrap and a few others our way.

I can never see Devo on a lineup and not immediately think it’s MC Devvo

image.png

Young Fathers, Sudan Archives and Beth Orton please.

No way Pulp won't be there whilst doing UK festivals with such a clear gap in their dates.

If you were Glastonbury and had a few big slots left to fill, with all respect to them I can't see Sam Smith/Lizzo being given preference ahead of Pulp. And given the tour seems to have been planned well in advance you'd assume the festival would've known about their availability.

I'll be gutted if Pulp aren't there, I assumed it was a given once they announced they were reforming this summer.

I saw them at the Park in 2011 which was great but I really hope to see them on a bigger stage at Glastonbury this year. I'm planning to see them elsewhere but Glasto would be special.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d be surprised given they’d already be considered a really strong sub, but god do I hope this is the case.

I'd be surprised too, but playing devil's advocate we've got Capaldi and Fred in lower slots than one might expect and the Aerosmith booking that never panned out too.