Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Gogol bordello I think are touring around then but finding it hard to get a nice screenshot 

Looks like Germany on the Thursday and then a dutch festival at the weekend, presumably that'd be straightforward to add glastonbury onto

<edit> actually pretty busy that week, needs to be Sunday - but free after that if they wanted to fly in for Elton John & Razorlight

image.thumb.png.89f382f6d070540a4ae8e82577918b85.png

Edited by p.pete

18 minutes ago, Punisher said:

I know they played in 2022 but does anyone think there’s a chance Wet Leg could return this year given how much they’ve blown up (two grammys, likely to sweep at the BRITs)?

If they’re bumped up to a slot on the Pyramid, I think it’s possible they play Friday given their tour dates.

476CCB75-CAC4-41A7-8781-348D9C3095CA.jpeg

Yeah I reckon they’ll get an early/mid Pyramid slot. They rammed the Park and, as you say, have only gotten bigger since. Usually I wouldn’t expect an act to return with no new material, but seems like such an easy booking to make. 

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I reckon they’ll get an early/mid Pyramid slot. They rammed the Park and, as you say, have only gotten bigger since. Usually I wouldn’t expect an act to return with no new material, but seems like such an easy booking to make. 

They actually played a couple of new songs on their Park set so wouldn’t surprise me if they rushed out a new album to build on their success 

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

They actually played a couple of new songs on their Park set so wouldn’t surprise me if they rushed out a new album to build on their success 

They said in an interview last summer that  the second album was “in the bag” but later retracted that statement later saying they’re set to start writing it in 2023. Add that to the fact they’re on a huge international tour with Harry Styles, it’s unlikely they’ll have new material out before Glastonbury.

Would love to be wrong though.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Silver Hayes is known to throw the odd curve all like that

don't think statements like that work as it was a new and different  booking team for silver hayes for 2022.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

don't think statements like that work as it was a new and different  booking team for silver hayes for 2022.

Actually yes, after looking over the lineup for 2022 compared to previous years, you're probably right.

Interesting. It was an improved area last year, and a strong lineup in its own right, but in hindsight it lacked the variety of years gone by. Hadn't really noticed that.

7 minutes ago, Punisher said:

Jessie Ware has a new album out end of April so wonder if she’ll make an appearance again.

Probably unlikely ... but fingers crossed she does appear. 

She was my joint favourite set last year - Park Stage Sat Night - good times