Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

7 hours ago, Mwk525 said:

Twenty one pilots are in London all around Glastonbury I wonder if they’ll appear somewhere over the weekend? Such a great live act I think they’d smash a glasto set!

John Peel secret set on Sunday.? 😶

Edited by Neondrift

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is there any info on any the other (as opposed to Other) headliners? JP, Park, West Holts?

Am a bit behind as only got a ticket yesterday.

Think I've seen Little Simz and Bicep touted for WH. Supergrass look a good fit for JP to me.

Bicep and Little Simz to be 2 of the WH Headers

Khruangbin appear to be a Park header

Charlie XCX and Primal Scream we’re both lined up for JP headers last time so probably there again.  I think I’m right in thinking Four Tet may be seen as the the 3rd. 

Edited by sisco

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is there any info on any the other (as opposed to Other) headliners? JP, Park, West Holts?

Think I've seen Little Simz and Bicep touted for WH. Supergrass look a good fit for JP to me.

Bicep Sunday is the only one locked in on a date so far. Little Simz is confirmed for WH but nobody knows what day yet

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

Supergrass look early evening Other to me. Still think they're a strong contender to open.

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

Charlie XCX and Primal Scream we’re both lined up for JP headers last time so probably there again.  I think I’m right in thinking Four Tet may be seen as the the 3rd. 

Could be Glass Animals as the other JP headliner, unless they are moved to the other stage

Edited by fred quimby

16 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Could be Glass Animals as the other JP headliner, unless they are moved to the other stage

Really cannot see them on JP anymore, would benefit hugely from being on other and getting a massive crowd there.

40 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Supergrass look early evening Other to me. Still think they're a strong contender to open.

How 'big' does the opener tend to be? I know The Vaccines did it in 2019 but I've no idea how big they were.

Just trying to figure out who the realistic options seem to be for this slot. Blossoms maybe?

Just now, northernringo said:

How 'big' does the opener tend to be? I know The Vaccines did it in 2019 but I've no idea how big they were.

Just trying to figure out who the realistic options seem to be for this slot. Blossoms maybe?

I think Blossoms are a bit too new for it - seems to be older acts. I thought we had settled on Franz with their greatest hits album being toured right now or did they get ruled out??

• Upvote 1

Just now, northernringo said:

Doesn't tend to be a massive band per se, but certainly a recognisable name. 

9 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Could The Avalanches be a JP Headliner? I find it quite difficult to place how big/popular they are

Nah they were third down WH last time they played in 2017. In 2020 they were supposed to be on the Park, I’d expect them to still be there this year, second or third down.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I thought that, but then The Vaccines did it in 2019 and they only started in 2010.

Fair enough - seems crazy to think they'll both have been going similar time. I think Blossoms are still growing - got their first midsize festival headline slots this year at festivals like Y Not and co-head nbhd weekender with kasabian so i can't really see it.

Franz is definitely a stronger option, fingers crossed

Just now, mjfiddy said:

🤞🤞

It's a long way to walk from where we camp to chance it only to see this lad

Top 30 Ricky Wilson GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

i'd go of the three above franz > happy mondays > supergrass. I do like supergrass but the other two have a lot more to fill a set with. I saw Franz at sziget and there were about 40 brits near the back all dancing together, nobody else seemed to know them bar take me out

Can't see any reason it wouldn't still be Happy Mondays, we had info they were supposed to be opening Other in 2020 didn't we? Seems a good fit. Though if they wanna stick Franz there instead and bump Shaun and the lads up a slot that would be perfect.

Just now, kingbadger said:

Can't see any reason it wouldn't still be Happy Mondays, we had info they were supposed to be opening Other in 2020 didn't we? Seems a good fit. Though if they wanna stick Franz there instead and bump Shaun and the lads up a slot that would be perfect.

This is my thinking, Mondays will go on after whoever opens.