Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Alright, here's a list of everyone down on the stage-split playlists from 2020. If they're in bold it means they made it over to the 2022 lineup... 

Pyramid:
Kendrick Lamar
Paul McCartney

Taylor Swift
Diana Ross
Camila Cabelo
Candi Staton
Crowded House
Elbow
HAIM
Herbie Hancock

Kacey Musgraves
Lana Del Rey
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Rufus Wainwright
Sinead O'Connor
The Specials

Other:
Dua Lipa
Pet Shop Boys
Fatboy Slim
AJ Tracey
Anderson .Paak
Anna Calvi
Blossoms
Declan McKenna

Dizzee Rascal
Happy Mondays
La Roux
Lianne La Havas
The Lightning Seeds
Mabel
Metronomy
Nadine Shah
Robyn
Sam Fender
Skunk Anasie
Supergrass

The Staves

West Holts:
Black Uhuru
Brittany Howard
Celeste
Danny Brown
Earthgang
Gilberto Gil
Greentea Peng
The Isley Brothers
Kano
Kelis
KOKOKO!
Nubya Garcia
Richard Dawson
Sean Kuti & Egypt 80
Snarky Puppy
Thom Yorke
Thundercat
TLC
Tom Misch

John Peel:
Aitch
Angel Olsen
BANKS
beabadoobee
The Big Moon
Burna Boy
Cage The Elephant
Charli XCX
Clairo

Editors
FKA Twigs
Glass Animals
Jehnny Beth
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Primal Scream

Soccer Mommy
Tones and I

Park:
Baxter Dury
Big Thief
Caribou
Cate Le Bon
Confidence Man

EOB
Fontaines DC
Goldfrapp
Jarvis Cocker
Khruangbin

Laura Marling
London Grammar
Manic Street Preachers
Phoebe Bridgers
Sampa the Great
Squid

The Avalanches
The Orielles
Tinariwen

I think Bicep are definitely big enough to headline the Other Stage on Saturday (especially compared to who else is on the poster). That said, from a fan experience perspective, I think Bicep's sound would be more suited to West Holts. The Other Stage is so open that sometimes the high and lows can fell a little empty (depending where you are standing), where with West Holts - at least for Jon Hopkins and Justice - the sound felt so much richer.

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I was actually going to mention how for a while in 2017 we thought Justice were headlining the Other Stage and that Bicep are surely bigger than them.

I think they could still do WH but the additions of Bonobo and Four Tet to the lineup make me think they could have vacated that slot and shimmied up the bill.

Bonobo being there means a Bicep bump makes sense.

Other - Bicep
WH - Bonobo
Park - Caribou
JP - Four Tet

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ghetts, TEMS, Nightmares on Wax and a Bicep DJ set, maybe. Maybe. The rest I don't think so at all — who you got in mind?

I wanna see tems just for the song of summer 2020/21 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Bonobo being there means a Bicep bump makes sense.

Other - Bicep
WH - Bonobo
Park - Caribou
JP - Four Tet

Yeah I can see this. Apparently Four Tet is playing Pangea so I wonder if he will have a main stage slot too. I guess he probably wouldn’t be on this poster if it was just Pangea.

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I think it could be Pyramid time for Idles.

Glass Animals - Charli XCX - Primal Scream for JP?

Think Charli and Primal Scream will definitely be two and then there are a few options for the final one - Glass Animals, Bonobo, Four Tet or maybe IDLES but I think they’ll be on Other.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

When was the last time there wasn’t a dance headliner on the Other Stage?

2020: FBS
2019: Chems (+ The Prodigy initially)
2017: Major Lazer
2016: Disclosure
2015: Rudimental/Deadmau5/Chems
2014: Skrillex
2013: Chase and Status
2011: Chems
2010: Orbital
2009: The Prodigy
2008: Groove Armada
2007: Chems
2005: FBS
2004: Chems/Basement Jaxx/Orbital

2003 looks to be the last time it didn’t happen.

I think Bicep headline Saturday night and Doja Cat does Pyramid. They fit the bollocks I just wrote above, they’re wide-appealing youth-skewing enough to get a decent crowd even against Macca, and they fully match what Glasto did when booking C&S opposite The Stones.

Leaves me wondering if Doja Cat could actually sub Billie Eilish. Wolf Alice’s dates make Saturday look better for them than Friday so I could see them subbing Other that day instead like a lot of us had on our predictions.

Didn’t they want to have a woman or female-featuring act headlining each stage in 2020? Or most of them? Or the big stages? I recall that being somewhat of a thing but the WH bill suggested otherwise.

Anyway I think Doja for Dua is a pretty understandable switch. All-round progressive really because it doesn’t go back to what Glastonbury usually does but makes a big thing of the type of act they don’t normally book.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn’t they want to have a woman or female-featuring act headlining each stage in 2020? Or most of them? Or the big stages? I recall that being somewhat of a thing but the WH bill suggested otherwise.

Anyway I think Doja for Dua is a pretty understandable switch. All-round progressive really because it doesn’t go back to what Glastonbury usually does but makes a big thing of the type of act they don’t normally book.

I was just thinking about that yeah but I don’t think it was every said by anyone, just a theory made on here.

We had Thom Yorke, Isleys and Bicep on WH in 2020 but I think Isleys replaced a female act, from memory.

edit: lol just realised you said WH, thought you were on about Williams Green in my head for some reason.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’d get obliterated by Macca surely.

I don't see why. Anyone with a 16-25 railcard as opposed to a free bus pass would surely favour them. 

Don't think it's the most likely option but also don't think it can be ruled out. They're big enough to do it and seems like a better slot than playing on the Pyramid again. 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I don't see why. Anyone with a 16-25 railcard as opposed to a free bus pass would surely favour them. 

Don't think it's the most likely option but also don't think it can be ruled out. They're big enough to do it and seems like a better slot than playing on the Pyramid again. 

Yeah I think they sub it atm.

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Can confirm, I have a 16-25 railcard and saw Wolf Alice last week (they were great), but I wouldn't consider seeing them over Paul for a second.

That said, I like your analogy a lot.