2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Why is everyone certain that if the headliners have rolled over that they are necessarily on the same days as they were in 2020?

Maybe Kendrick is Saturday now.

Aye, I was going to post this too. E.g. I always thought Taylor made more sense for Saturday, and Macca for Sunday. Perhaps they were the other way round in 2020 due to a scheduling issue, and they've swapped those two around for 2022?

39 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, I was going to post this too. E.g. I always thought Taylor made more sense for Saturday, and Macca for Sunday. Perhaps they were the other way round in 2020 due to a scheduling issue, and they've swapped those two around for 2022?

Thank you for trying to keep my Billie dream alive but I’ve been convinced now that the festival is probably aiming for as close to a 2020 rebook as possible. If @Suprefanis true and she has a Sunday date coming too I can’t see her playing.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thank you for trying to keep my Billie dream alive but I’ve been convinced now that the festival is probably aiming for as close to a 2020 rebook as possible. If @Suprefanis true and she has a Sunday date coming too I can’t see her playing.

Oh the dream is definitely dead 😄 I just don't think we should 100% believe the days will be identical. 

eFest forum users whenever Matt’s excitement is eventually proven incorrect..

(side note, I agree with Jakeyboi.. I genuinely don’t know how you’ve remained so optimistic and a regular contributor over the last year and a half. I can’t find the energy at the moment.. bravo) 

1FE37197-2FD8-4D89-8BEA-EF7C5AAF093F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

If all three 2020 return I reckon Dua is back headlining other stage and the ? around her placement is probably not a question.

We did have someone saying that they’d heard Dua was signed up to headline in 2021. Obviously that was without some major international artists but I’d kinda be shocked if they got her lower down, if that’s true. No guarantee it was true of course.

8 minutes ago, Haan said:

if they manage to get the US cast it would mean Daveed Diggs will be there, so we get a CLIPPING set. Hmm maybe it'd be worth it

This is Hamilton’s grave. Makes it an SR for the big pointy one at the very least I’d say.

57FFB443-A163-4EDD-8783-A1D68873E47B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

The musical about Lewis Hamilton? How many F1 cars could you fit on the pyramid stage?

To prove Edinburgh has a show for every occasion:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/scotland/article/HAMILTON-Parody-Musical-About-Lewis-Hamilton-To-Premier-At-The-Edinburgh-Fringe-Festival-20180517

Edited by balthazarstarbuck

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We did have someone saying that they’d heard Dua was signed up to headline in 2021. Obviously that was without some major international artists but I’d kinda be shocked if they got her lower down, if that’s true. No guarantee it was true of course.

Good point. It’s going to be really interesting what the deal is with her.

Hypothetically, what if they knew Taylor was not going to be touring in 2021 (circumstances with the pandemic aside) so lined up Dua as her replacement? Reason being that she was recording folklore and evermore etc. / got a very firm no that she wouldn’t be touring in 2021 even if the pandemic ended.

But, all three are around and can return in 2022?

Edited by Matt42

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Good point. It’s going to be really interesting what the deal is with her.

Hypothetically, what if they knew Taylor was not going to be touring in 2021 (circumstances with the pandemic aside) so lined up Dua as her replacement? Reason being that she was recording folklore and evermore etc. / got a very firm no that she wouldn’t be touring in 2021 even if the pandemic ended.

But, all three are around and can return in 2022?

Yeah, that's what I mean. They obviously wouldn't be able to roll Dua Lipa's headline slot over to 2022 if they're rolling over another three but to get her back and not headlining would be tough.