Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s a psychological aspect too. Last year they finally achieved the thing the club, fans, players, city have been desperate for for 30 years. Once it’s been achieved there’s always going to be a slight drop in intensity.

They should be more free from the shackles of the pressure if anything.

I remember that being the case after United went 26 years without winning it and then they won 7 in 9 years.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well I wouldn’t worry about the FA Cup...

Knew this was coming, been getting stick all day. We were awful quite frankly, Willian was a waste of money and he’s free, just an awful game

1 hour ago, thetime said:

👌

Doing a good job our Ole.

Neither team could string more than 3 passes together. That was abject football. Boot it down the channels and run. Both teams have good attacking players but terrible defence and midfields. Neither team will win any trophies this season.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Neither team could string more than 3 passes together. That was abject football. Boot it down the channels and run. Both teams have good attacking players but terrible defence and midfields. Neither team will win any trophies this season.

City for the domestic treble then. 

Don’t think Tuchel is the right man personally, Narglesman or Hassenhutl I think would do a better job with the players at the club and also both could’ve got Werner firing. Allegri would be a better shout than Tuchel too but he’s too defensively minded for this current Chelsea squad. I can imagine Tuchel won’t be there for long

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don’t think Tuchel is the right man personally, Narglesman or Hassenhutl I think would do a better job with the players at the club and also both could’ve got Werner firing. Allegri would be a better shout than Tuchel too but he’s too defensively minded for this current Chelsea squad. I can imagine Tuchel won’t be there for long

Rumour is Tuchel is getting a 4.5 year deal. I don't see him lasting half that. We wanted Nagelsmann but weren't getting anywhere in that pursuit apparently. It was offered to Rangnick on an interim basis until the summer but he wasn't interested. Classic Chelsea.

59 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Devastated. The wrong decision.

Really? 

Out of his depth, spent £250 million and struggling to get results. 

What has he actually achieved in his managerial career? 

He took a 6th place Derby to 6th place, only got to the playoff final because of calamity Kiko and was promptly destroyed by Villa. 

He hasn’t proved himself capable as a manager at all. Being a club legend doesn’t automatically mean it makes you a great manager of that club. 

The fans are blindsided by his playing career and can’t see his managerial faults. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Really? 

He took a 6th place Derby to 6th place, only got to the playoff final because of calamity Kiko and was promptly destroyed by Villa. 

He hasn’t proved himself capable as a manager at all. Being a club legend doesn’t automatically mean it makes you a great manager of that club. 

The fans are blindsided by his playing career and can’t see his managerial faults. 

Should never have got the job, should have been sacked long ago. 

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Really? 

Haha, okay. I can see his faults. Nobody is saying he's achieved anything or is a great manager. He's inexperienced and I think he deserved until the end of the season at least. 

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Haha, okay. I can see his faults. Nobody is saying he's achieved anything or is a great manager. He's inexperienced and I think he deserved until the end of the season at least. 

Why does he deserve until the end of the season? He was always unqualified for the job, and this team could be much better than it is.

14 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Why does he deserve until the end of the season? He was always unqualified for the job, and this team could be much better than it is.

All this unqualified talk, shouldn't have got the job talk... Yeah. No shit?! You don't sack someone because they shouldn't have had the job in the first place.

We knew we were nowhere near the league when he came him in and that it would be a rebuilding job. He got us CL last year (which nobody expected), promoted youth players and turned them into regulars (everyone moaned for years that we didn't do this), and we would have won the FA Cup had the referee not been shit. Last year was a good start. This year the improvement hasn't been good enough enough and yes, we are underperforming at the moment but look at Arteta and Ole. Form fluctuates. We are still in the FA Cup and Champions League. I think the club chose to give him the opportunity and he should have had the chance to at least see the season through.

Nobody is arguing that he was ready for the job or deserved the job in the first place so idk why everyone is obsessing over that.