Football 2020/2021

zahidf

12 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Eh, he's revolutionised Sterling from a flighty winger with no end product to a goal-scoring penetrative wide forward. 

or alternatively, Sterling was always going to grow up.
(unlike Jesse Lingard, who's just a kid and will be fantastic when he grows up 😛 )

You never know, someone might have spotted that Sterling was going to grow up and spunked a record fee for a kid on him.

And that wasn't even Pep.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Hello Emu, can I introduce you to 80s football...? 

(and hey, I'm probably Emu too)

Goal keepers picked it up with their hands in  80's, they did not play out from the back. You talk some shit, but I reckon that comment shows how absolutely clueless you are.

I expected the January transfer window to be quiet but not this quiet. Barcelona's published accounts yesterday were horrific, over a billion in debt, debts exceeding assets and negative working capital. I don't think this can go on much longer without one of the big boys going under. 

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

or alternatively, Sterling was always going to grow up.
(unlike Jesse Lingard, who's just a kid and will be fantastic when he grows up 😛 )

You never know, someone might have spotted that Sterling was going to grow up and spunked a record fee for a kid on him.

And that wasn't even Pep.

I'd say it's both. There was always a decent chance of him improving anyway, but there's a lot of "next big thing" wingers with as much promise as Sterling but no end product that never do. 

Some of it is down to Sterling, of course, he wouldn't have done it without having the maturity to work on his game (which say, Ben Arfa never did), but the improvement from when Guardiola came in was huge and very immediate. I think it's a case of the coach being able to offer the exact ways and points of how to improve, to a winger that wanted to.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have been following City home and away for the best part of 25 years and watched football in multiple divisions.

Then you've just not noticed narrow full backs and sweeper keepers and high presses before.

The fact he was able to marry all these things to the most effective level they've ever been in this country is different, he isn't a revolutionary.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'd say it's both. There was always a decent chance of him improving anyway, but there's a lot of "next big thing" wingers with as much promise as Sterling but no end product that never do. 

Some of it is down to Sterling, of course, he wouldn't have done it without having the maturity to work on his game (which say, Ben Arfa never did), but the improvement from when Guardiola came in was huge and very immediate. I think it's a case of the coach being able to offer the exact ways and points of how to improve, to a winger that wanted to.

Walcott 

6 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Then you've just not noticed narrow full backs and sweeper keepers and high presses before.

The fact he was able to marry all these things to the most effective level they've ever been in this country is different, he isn't a revolutionary.

He is in this country, which is what I said.

The proof is in the pudding tonight, no one has ever played football in this country like City do.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guardiola’s trophy haul isn’t much better than Mancini’s or Pellegrini’s.

Were multiple League Cups really what the billion quid was in aid of?

Would you not like to win a League cup? They all count to me and I am more than ecstatic when ever we win absolutely anything. There is no way I would look down my nose at any trophy.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The proof is in the pudding tonight, no one has ever played football in this country like City do.

It’s West Brom tho mate come on, that’s like saying Southgate is the best manager itw after England muller San Marino