Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

Yeh I’m just dreaming. Although, by ps22 his “new” album will be getting on for two years old. Strange times 

It's pretty easy to keep an album campaign rolling with additional EPs/one off tracks/remixes nowadays. If he was going to be announced I could see it being done like Pavement where they just announce it straight after PS21 is done and get a tonne of early birds sold.

Edited by jannybruck

8 hours ago, thespiral said:

Well the Levitation guys are either wildy optimistic or are smoking some good stuff.....maybe both. Just announced today. Levitation France in early October . 

https://levitation-france.com/

And it’s indoors. Mental. At least they didn’t have to check whether the bands had a prior clash that weekend when booking them.

16 minutes ago, thespiral said:

It's very odd .... I keep checking that they haven't made a mistake and actually mean 2021.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they need the money desperately to pay their staff and are already preparing to delay it to next year.

1 hour ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

Good for them taking it seriously.

I'd be surprised if that measure is still in place by the end of the month, though, looks temporary to deal with current outbreak.

5 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Now it all makes sense 

Screenshot_20200708_164912.jpg

OH YEAH! OUT FRIDAY.

With a new EP probably leading to a new album and with the tour being low carbon, can see many reasons why they were booked. Last EPs were superb.

Maybe the new album will be climate- (or EU-) themed?

15 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no Phoebe Bridgers on the Mad Cool announcement today gives me slight hope that she'll be at PS.

Don’t see why she would be held back if that was the case but I hope you’re right as she’d be a brilliant new addition.

Are we really expecting anybody of her size to be added? I know she’s not exactly huge but I was only expecting some much smaller acts to fill in the lower half of the lineup, but maybe I’m off with that.

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t see why she would be held back if that was the case but I hope you’re right as she’d be a brilliant new addition.

Are we really expecting anybody of her size to be added? I know she’s not exactly huge but I was only expecting some much smaller acts to fill in the lower half of the lineup, but maybe I’m off with that.

They've talked about some 'surprises'. I'd guess they have 1 or at most 2 names of her stature or above to come - still hoping for Thom Yorke or Anderson Paak.

Plus some of the bigger bands will invariably cancel, so either way we will have some meaty new additions (with apologies to any vegetarians reading).

11 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no Phoebe Bridgers on the Mad Cool announcement today gives me slight hope that she'll be at PS.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

They've talked about some 'surprises'. I'd guess they have 1 or at most 2 names of her stature or above to come - still hoping for Thom Yorke or Anderson Paak.

Plus some of the bigger bands will invariably cancel, so either way we will have some meaty new additions (with apologies to any vegetarians reading).

Somebody's just posted a bunch of bandsintown auto confirmations for Mad Cool and unfortunately both Anderson Paak and Phoebe Bridgers are on there so looks like they were just being held back for a later announcement rather than not playing anymore.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody's just posted a bunch of bandsintown auto confirmations for Mad Cool and unfortunately both Anderson Paak and Phoebe Bridgers are on there so looks like they were just being held back for a later announcement rather than not playing anymore.

Aren't those auto confirmations very unreliable, given that they are 'auto' (though agree is unlikely they will play)?

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Aren't those auto confirmations very unreliable, given that they are 'auto' (though agree is unlikely they will play)?

Yes, it's just Bandsintown changing the festival dates from 2020 to 2021 and then all artists automaticly moved too. Same thing happened with other festivals. Wouldn't count them as confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Judithmt said:

Yes, it's just Bandsintown changing the festival dates from 2020 to 2021 and then all artists automaticly moved too. Same thing happened with other festivals. Wouldn't count them as confirmed.

Ah I had a feeling that might’ve been the case. The slim slither of hope of them being at Primavera is still there then!