Podcasts To Kill The Time

Bisque

Louis Theroux did some podcasts for radio 4 while in lockdown and although nothing too deep and meaningful I found most of them entertaining. 
For any rugby fans Joes house of rugby is pretty good

Edited by Snoop Cat

Started listening to James Acaster's Perfect Sounds pod last week, so far had him talking Bon Iver's 22, A Million with Nish Kumar and Beyonce's Lemonade with Romesh Ranganathan.

Another thumbs up for it from me, definitely worth a listen.  Have the feeling it's going to be lots of albums I've not listened to (not done either of those two!) so think I'll start listening to the albums a couple of times before listening to the pod, should add some extra interest to it :)

On 7/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Snoop Cat said:

Louis Theroux did some podcasts for radio 4 while in lockdown and although nothing too deep and meaningful I found most of them entertaining. 
For any rugby fans Joes house of rugby is pretty good

Not tried that one, normally either Blood & Mud or Flats & Shanks for me.  I'll give Joe's a listen

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just listen to politics or current affairs ones...The Bunker, Remainiacs (Oh God What Now), Guardian, Steve Richards Rock and Roll politics, Politics on the couch, Institute for Gov, New statesman (UK & world, Beyond Brexit, various BBC ones...stuff like that, I am a very boring man. They're really good though imo. Listen to them when out walking the dog or running. Used to listen to the Adam Buxton ones quite a bit, and sometimes I still do...some of them have made me laugh out loud whilst out running. 

Really enjoy ‘Fake Doctors, Real Friends’, with Zach Braff and Donald Faison (JD and Turk) re-watching eps of Scrubs- very funny, and just an uplifting listen, even with all the COVID shenanigans going on in the background. If you liked Scrubs, think you’ll you’ll like it (plus I always like it when actors of your favourite shows are friends in real life too!)

Think Bisque mentioned it at the start but I've got really into Reasons To Be Cheerful with Ed Miliband and Geoff Lloyd over the last year.

Love Geoff's stuff for years from his time on Virgin / Absolute, and there's a really good rapport between them. Makes me think, but not in an "oh fuck everything's terrible " way

• 1 year later...

I have recently discovered a podcast called off the beat & track. It's a really good listen and discuses records and music that influenced artists, actors, producers etc. This weeks guest is Darren Emerson which I thought might interest some on here. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reckon we'll get either a confirm or denial of Madge on that.

I've not listened to it, but from clips posted on Instagram it looks like a lot of the last episode was talking about the Madonna gigs, so you'd think they'd definitely ask the question. 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:54 PM, Gnomicide said:

Emily Eavis due on Nick Grimshaw and Annie Macmanus's podcast some time soon.

Going off when the previous episodes came out, the next one is due tomorrow (26th) so hopefully we'll have some clues to disect when it appears.

651339952_Screenshot_20231025_223324_BBCSounds.thumb.jpg.9ad82a2831784e118e67687dc14b64dd.jpg