Podcasts To Kill The Time

Bisque

2 of the cast of sopranos doing a podcast Michael imperioli and Steve schirippa ( Christopher and Bobby) 

They are doing a podcast for every episode so could take a while 

Only listened to a few but some great insight to how it started and some funny stories already., might have to start watching it again now probably my favourite u.s show of all time 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 5:06 PM, Bisque said:

Does anyone have any podcast recommendations to kill time at home? Share here!

I made an inventory of podcasts I currently listen to. Some of these are actively daily, weekly or not been around for a while but still available to download:

Fuck me that is a lot of Podcasts to listen to. I get through maybe a couple a week if I am lucky. Where do you find time to do anything else

Edit - Unless you are saying you have listened to, as your post seems to suggest you are listening too at the moment

Edited by fred quimby

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Fuck me that is a lot of Podcasts to listen to. I get through maybe a couple a week if I am lucky. Where do you find time to do anything else

Edit - Unless you are saying you have listened to, as your post seems to suggest you are listening too at the moment

On his long and frequent travels to and around Asia.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

ah - Cheers, that makes sense. Just had visions of him on speed and poscasts on double time to get through them during lockdown :)

Yeah it’s a bit extreme. I broke my leg a couple of years ago so went through quite a few sitting on my arse off work on the beach, some are from ten years ago at uni writing dissertation & some episodes I skip if I’m not fussed about the guest.

Ones I listen to daily are Christian O’Connell, weekly Hamish & Andy, Danny Wallace, Ed Gamble & Matt Crosby, Chris Moyles, Rock & Roll Football, Quickly Kevin.

Others are a bit more sporadic.

Great thread, some excellent recommendations on here that I know of, looking forward to sampling some of the others. I really rate:

1) S-Town - incredible piece of journalism/real-life drama

2) Making Sense - neuroscientist, philosopher and meditation guru Sam Harris talks to other Very Clever People - life-enhancing

3) Off Menu - as mentioned numerous times above, James Acaster and Ed Gamble talk to a wonderful array of guests about the different elements of their dream menu - interesting and at times hysterical

And Dr Buggles, obviously.

Has anyone listened to Acaster's series on the music of 2016?

11 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Great thread, some excellent recommendations on here that I know of, looking forward to sampling some of the others. I really rate:

1) S-Town - incredible piece of journalism/real-life drama

2) Making Sense - neuroscientist, philosopher and meditation guru Sam Harris talks to other Very Clever People - life-enhancing

3) Off Menu - as mentioned numerous times above, James Acaster and Ed Gamble talk to a wonderful array of guests about the different elements of their dream menu - interesting and at times hysterical

And Dr Buggles, obviously.

Has anyone listened to Acaster's series on the music of 2016?

Interesting, what's that called? 

8 hours ago, Bisque said:

Tempted to purchase Dr. Buggles audiobook called Ramble Talk. Not sure what it is about but anything Adam Buxton is interesting & funny.

Ramble Book.

Got it a few days ago. Only listened to the first could of chapters so far but enjoying it. It's exactly what you think it's going to be, but if you're a fan that's no bad thing

36 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Interesting, what's that called? 

It’s good & a quick listen. I love Acaster, tried to watch his Repetoire shows at EdFringe but there was too much else on I wanted to see. I saw Represent & it was brilliant. Used to enjoy him on Josh Widdecombe’s XFM show too. Classic Scrapes.

11 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Ramble Book.

Got it a few days ago. Only listened to the first could of chapters so far but enjoying it. It's exactly what you think it's going to be, but if you're a fan that's no bad thing

Opps. I love Buckles, ex took me to The Bug at BFI in Bradford. Everything touches isn’t gold but it is bloody funny.

Edited by Bisque

15 minutes ago, Bisque said:

It’s good & a quick listen. I love Acaster, tried to watch his Repetoire shows at EdFringe but there was too much else on I wanted to see. I saw Represent & it was brilliant. Used to enjoy him on Josh Widdecombe’s XFM show too. Classic Scrapes. 

Saw him on his last tour, Cold Lasagne, hate myself, 1999. Brilliant stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Caught up with some Grounded with Louis Theroux. I love that some guests come on as friends but still get a grilling.

Just finished the KSI one and he reveals how much money he makes from Youtube & I think he thought he would get away with some of the direct questions about his dubious past, I don’t think he was expecting them.

I listened to all 8 parts of Wind of Change this week. A New Yorker journalist is informed that the Scorpions song Wind of Change was actually written by the CIA in order to create unrest in the USSR. Sounds ridiculous, but they've got form for wild ideas such as Doctor Zhivago, and a full on hollywood production to diguise hostage retrieval  in Iran (as seen in Argo). Takes in CIA madness along with 80s hair metal, and the Moscow Music Peace Festival.

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/

• 3 weeks later...

Friend of the show Matt Hoss has a brand new podcast out called Castival. He chats to comedians etc about their perfect festival line ups, including location, food & alternative activities.

First episode is with Nathan Caton who I have seen many times & one of my favourite comedians.

Here is an article with Matt talk about his top 5 festivals... https://narcmagazine.com/bunch-of-fives-matt-hoss/

C75EAF25-0426-4687-B892-0073CECE990F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...