What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, like the Christmas specials

Ghosts best comedy of the year

and Daisy Daisy Daisy best advert of the year! 😊

Ghosts was lovely, very funny and they're great at mixing a little melancholy in with the humour, as did the Motherland special. 

Slow Horses on Apple TV has been brilliant. Here’s my top 20 of the year. 

1. Better Call Saul (Final season)
  2. Slow Horses
  3. Cobra Kai
  4. Ozark (Final season)
  5. Yellowjackets
  6. The White Lotus
  7. After Life (Final season)
  8. Industry
  9. Andor
  10. Anne
  11. Stranger Things
  12. Euphoria
  13. Detectorists
  14. Peaky Blinders (Final season)
  15. Derry Girls (Final season)
  16. Dead to Me (Final season)
  17. The Book of Boba Fett
  18. Trainwreck: Woodstock 99
  19. The Walk-In
  20. I hate Suzie Too

21 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ghosts was lovely, very funny and they're great at mixing a little melancholy in with the humour, as did the Motherland special. 

Did enjoy the Ghosts Christmas special but it seemed strange as I had just binged the first season of the US version which is also great. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theglastokid said:

Slow Horses on Apple TV has been brilliant. Here’s my top 20 of the year. 

1. Better Call Saul (Final season)
  2. Slow Horses
  3. Cobra Kai
  4. Ozark (Final season)
  5. Yellowjackets
  6. The White Lotus
  7. After Life (Final season)
  8. Industry
  9. Andor
  10. Anne
  11. Stranger Things
  12. Euphoria
  13. Detectorists
  14. Peaky Blinders (Final season)
  15. Derry Girls (Final season)
  16. Dead to Me (Final season)
  17. The Book of Boba Fett
  18. Trainwreck: Woodstock 99
  19. The Walk-In
  20. I hate Suzie Too

I've loved every single episode of Derry Girls for so many reasons - the writing, the cast, the soundtrack, the incredible way they mix challenging subjects with fantastic humour plus Sister Michael especially obviously. 

Currently rewatching the final episode which encompasses all of that as perfectly as any of them and brilliant that it brings that story to an audience across the UK and rest of the world. 

Ghosts fans, have a listen to the latest Comfort Blanket podcast. The guests is Ben Willibond (The Captain) talking about his love of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but it's also a brilliant discussion on the fucked up-ness of the class and education systems in this country as well as Ben's own childhood and experiences of both. Shows how The Captain is so absolutely spot on as a character.

21 hours ago, Bennykill said:

Did enjoy the Ghosts Christmas special but it seemed strange as I had just binged the first season of the US version which is also great. 

Yes, working through the US version at the moment. 

and a new series of Death in Paradise starts next week though worryingly I think they might have meddled with the theme tune with a new version. 

Just finished up Slow Horses season one. Pretty decent. It’s hard to write a pacy thriller without it devolving into glorified pantomime and this show suffered that once or twice. Oldham was clearly loving his role but the writing stretched disbelief occasionally. Looking forward to season two already, though. 

On 12/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

and a new series of Death in Paradise starts next week though worryingly I think they might have meddled with the theme tune with a new version. 

Not everything in the Lovebox in your living room hit the mark, but that was so well skewered it's put me off it quite a bit. 

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Not everything in the Lovebox in your living room hit the mark, but that was so well skewered it's put me off it quite a bit. 

Yes,I usually cannot resist having a dance round the living room when the theme tune comes on, this version just didn’t do it for me. 

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes,I usually cannot resist having a dance round the living room when the theme tune comes on, this version just didn’t do it for me. 

Sorry I don't mean the tune, they did a good satire of the programme as a whole

About 50:30 in... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001dk9y/the-love-box-in-your-living-room

Edited by clarkete

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Just finished up Slow Horses season one. Pretty decent. It’s hard to write a pacy thriller without it devolving into glorified pantomime and this show suffered that once or twice. Oldham was clearly loving his role but the writing stretched disbelief occasionally. Looking forward to season two already, though. 

I have this on my to watch list. Whilst we have been away for New Year have done a fair amount of binge watching as apart from one day it has absolutely tipped it down from morning until night every day. Watched Knives Out and Glass Onion. Think I slightly preferred Knives Out. Watched Heartstopper. Decent Teen LGBT drama with a great soundtrack. Started watching Bad Sisters as well.