How do you feel?

Matt42

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

hopefully this should work .... I do also have a social distance t-shirt 

Yep that should do the job but if it doesn't do the job just cough loudly I have noticed those who don't respect the social distancing care more about themselves than others so if they think you are a threat to them they are more likely to keep away!! 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:06 AM, Wellyboot said:

MASSIVE WELL DONE!!!!! :yahoo:that's fantastic news!! Very, very happy for you!!! :) 

39 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Congratulations, that is a great achievement. 

Thank you, both! Missed this the other day @Wellyboot 😊

It does feel very good. Since lockdown I haven't done any client work but now that I'm qualified I can at least start telephone work and I've missed it so much. I love the organisation I work with and I miss the office atmosphere there the most.. it's my normal Wednesday evenings i'll be most happy to get back, more than my regular work, when lockdown further eases!

13 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Thank you, both! Missed this the other day @Wellyboot 😊

It does feel very good. Since lockdown I haven't done any client work but now that I'm qualified I can at least start telephone work and I've missed it so much. I love the organisation I work with and I miss the office atmosphere there the most.. it's my normal Wednesday evenings i'll be most happy to get back, more than my regular work, when lockdown further eases!

Yeah I understand that.......I am on ‘placement’ as part of my learning and both agencies have stopped providing face to face, with limited remote counselling provided, and if so by qualified counsellor. It’s a bummer and from what I can find out might not change till end of September at earliest. But, sadly, I think there will be a huge requirement for counsellors in the near future so I know I will be busy eventually. Hope you get to do more of the things you get the most out of!

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

@crazyfool1 how did work go luv? Been thinking about you x

Aw thanks .... pretty much as expected ... very minimal social distancing amongst colleagues ... but I’d set my mind up that this was going to be the case ... so it’s really up to me to ensure this happens for myself  ... some rows between customers about arrow following ... one customer doing their entire shop with a face mask on their chin no idea the point in that ... but it was nice to see more wearing them that I thought would be ... still nervy around people but I’ve no doubt this will ease given time nice to get it out the way though and it will be not so hot once my hair gets cut next week . Only major problem was lockdown weight gain ... trousers were a tight fit !!! :) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Aw thanks .... pretty much as expected ... very minimal social distancing amongst colleagues ... but I’d set my mind up that this was going to be the case ... so it’s really up to me to ensure this happens for myself  ... some rows between customers about arrow following ... one customer doing their entire shop with a face mask on their chin no idea the point in that ... but it was nice to see more wearing them that I thought would be ... still nervy around people but I’ve no doubt this will ease given time nice to get it out the way though and it will be not so hot once my hair gets cut next week . Only major problem was lockdown weight gain ... trousers were a tight fit !!! :) 

Am glad it went ok. You're always gunna get some people who don't do what they're supposed to do but it sounds like you're doing your best to make sure you are keeping safe 😊 (i think the pants just shrunk in the wash so ur fine!)

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It absolutely will, the first day was always going to be the worst!  Glad it went ok :)

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Am glad it went ok. You're always gunna get some people who don't do what they're supposed to do but it sounds like you're doing your best to make sure you are keeping safe 😊 (i think the pants just shrunk in the wash so ur fine!)

They were new ... if I get any of that chocolate from @squirrelarmy post they definately won’t :) ... right I’m off for a run !! :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we both must be using the same detergent my clothes have shrunk during lockdown as well. It's definitely the clothes and not us! :D

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is there a fitness for work thread ? 

At this rate I might have to start one. My birthday is next weekend so I keep promising to be good again after that. The main thing I need is gyms to open again because I need a reason to stop working at the moment with being so busy. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

At this rate I might have to start one. My birthday is next weekend so I keep promising to be good again after that. The main thing I need is gyms to open again because I need a reason to stop working at the moment with being so busy. 

I’d like to go back ... but have issues over if I’d get any value out of it .... I’d need 3 swims of an hour to make it Worthwhile and with the size of the pool and the numbers that will want to be using it I very much doubt that I’m going to be able to get that in ... I reckon it’s going to be max of 4 people in at a time :( that’s all I do as it’s gentle ... I can’t see how gyms will work :( 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I’d like to go back ... but have issues over if I’d get any value out of it .... I’d need 3 swims of an hour to make it Worthwhile and with the size of the pool and the numbers that will want to be using it I very much doubt that I’m going to be able to get that in ... I reckon it’s going to be max of 4 people in at a time :( that’s all I do as it’s gentle ... I can’t see how gyms will work :( 

Yes I just miss my Pilates and Dance Classes and I would guess they would need to halve the class sizes and my pilates class in particular has always been completely over subscribed. The good thing about the classes though is you have to attend or you get in trouble and I think I need that motivation to tear me away at the moment. 

Haven't been on here in a while, but I'm totally bummed because I am convinced there will never be another Glastonbury Festival ever again. It's hard to complain when these experiences are everywhere, but it would've been my first and likely only Glasto this year.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I just miss my Pilates and Dance Classes and I would guess they would need to halve the class sizes and my pilates class in particular has always been completely over subscribed. The good thing about the classes though is you have to attend or you get in trouble and I think I need that motivation to tear me away at the moment. 

I thought I was going to go mad without the gym but I have found online classes to be great and much better than I expected. I would recommend giving it a go. I'm sure my fitness has suffered as walking less every day despite going for walks, but I feel like the classes have helped me keep a baseline. Helps with mental health loads as well.

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I thought I was going to go mad without the gym but I have found online classes to be great and much better than I expected. I would recommend giving it a go. I'm sure my fitness has suffered as walking less every day despite going for walks, but I feel like the classes have helped me keep a baseline. Helps with mental health loads as well.

Really struggle to do online classes with the dogs. It sends one of them very giddy and he feels he has to try and save my life once I start breathing heavily. If I try and lock him out he just barks and barks. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Really struggle to do online classes with the dogs. It sends one of them very giddy and he feels he has to try and save my life once I start breathing heavily. If I try and lock him out he just barks and barks. 

Ah fair enough. Don't know what to suggest with the dogs! 

22 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Yeah I understand that.......I am on ‘placement’ as part of my learning and both agencies have stopped providing face to face, with limited remote counselling provided, and if so by qualified counsellor. It’s a bummer and from what I can find out might not change till end of September at earliest. But, sadly, I think there will be a huge requirement for counsellors in the near future so I know I will be busy eventually. Hope you get to do more of the things you get the most out of!

Ah yeah, that's rough. I was very fortunate that my hours were already done (back in December) but I know a few people on my course have found it really difficult to make it over the line with theirs. I was just told this week that our volunteers and trainees aren't going to be back in the office until September earliest, as you say. 

It's just been a nightmare getting my portfolio passed! First submission took an age to get marked, needed to resubmit one part of it, lockdown happened, my tutor went off sick for months so nothing happened.. I did get very despondent about it all for a while, which is just why this week's news was such a relief.

I hope you can get back to it without too much hassle. September will be here in no time, i'm sure!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

How was first day back at work crazyfool1?

as above ... im still a bit nervy but it definitely the right thing for me to be doing at this point.... I think id developed a mild paranoia about it ... its really weird ... wanting human contact but not wanting human contact all at the same time ..2nd day today and at points I was a little unnerved especially by colleagues who seem to act like its gone but thats their choice and im not going to able to change that so have to just look out for me in that respect .... Thanks for asking its really appreciated