How do you feel?

Matt42

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Plodding on over here. Melbourne is about 10 days into a new six week lockdown, with new infections now in the hundreds, daily. The lack of being able to meet new people (mainly via Facebook and MeetUp social groups) has thrown a spanner into my plans to re-establish myself in the post break-up period. The stay at home message also means I'm not being as active as I want and end up drinking more than I should.

I'm trying to keep perspective about it though. It's a short time, which will pass. Plans haven't gone wrong, they've just been delayed. There's value to be found in the chapter we're in. I've bought a couple of new books to read, and still haven't finished the Glasto 50 book! Not being able to go out and spend money means I've been able to invest more in my new flat, which should soon be almost finished (i.e. decked out with the basics).

tl;dr: ups and downs.

Its fantastic that you're looking at the positives and that's the best thing to do. Nothing in life ever goes to plan, especially in 2020 🙄  but you're doing great. I'm glad your new flats getting there. Been thinking about you, glad you're doing ok x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Totally agree, I started at Canon in 1983 on YTS , I am now the technical director of a copier dealer, so yes it does work 🙂

ps , I drive a BMW 4-Series M sport with all the toys , does that count as a fuck off and die company car or just a bugger me that’s a sweet whip car lol

nice to see you about again, have you tix for next year ?

BigD

Hello Big durbs,

My mate's got an expensive top of the range Range Rover. As I have no idea about cars (I'm not in to them) I don't know what a BMW 4 Series even looks like. However, if forced to make a choice, I'd say that yours was probably suitably fuck off and die.

Actually while on the subject of cars, my mates first company car was a small little car, which had a very large fibreglass fish attached to the roof. Well, this lad along with other people (including one of my older brothers) used to go to an area in Birmingham every working night and get stoned in another friend of theirs flat. Then sometime after 1am this lad would drive home (a fair way) to another area of Birmingham with this car with a big fish on the roof. Amazingly he never got pulled by the police. I guess they must have just thought it was some delivery driver working very early. I don't know. He was and still is an atrocious driver (he has written off two company cars to my knowledge, and there may be more) even when sober, so must have been totally crap when stoned. 

I don't have tix for next year, as it was never my intention to go this year in the first place. I would like to have one last fandango at Glastonbury, but I think it's too big a site for me now, and also I err more towards the smaller festival now. My favourite is now the Landed Festival in Wales. Unfortunately cancelled this year, which is a shame because the organisers were going to give me free entry. 

Are you going to Glastonbury next year?

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Big durbs,

My mate's got an expensive top of the range Range Rover. As I have no idea about cars (I'm not in to them) I don't know what a BMW 4 Series even looks like. However, if forced to make a choice, I'd say that yours was probably suitably fuck off and die.

Actually while on the subject of cars, my mates first company car was a small little car, which had a very large fibreglass fish attached to the roof. Well, this lad along with other people (including one of my older brothers) used to go to an area in Birmingham every working night and get stoned in another friend of theirs flat. Then sometime after 1am this lad would drive home (a fair way) to another area of Birmingham with this car with a big fish on the roof. Amazingly he never got pulled by the police. I guess they must have just thought it was some delivery driver working very early. I don't know. He was and still is an atrocious driver (he has written off two company cars to my knowledge, and there may be more) even when sober, so must have been totally crap when stoned. 

I don't have tix for next year, as it was never my intention to go this year in the first place. I would like to have one last fandango at Glastonbury, but I think it's too big a site for me now, and also I err more towards the smaller festival now. My favourite is now the Landed Festival in Wales. Unfortunately cancelled this year, which is a shame because the organisers were going to give me free entry. 

Are you going to Glastonbury next year?

I love your stories Yog 😊 hope you're well 

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Hi Yog , yes I have tix ( rolled over from this year ) , still loving GF , but I have a friend in Silverhayes so I can camp backstage with nice loo and shower. Just about everything is cancelled this year , we were lucky and got to see the stereophonics in your neck of the woods late February.

we do have tickets for manic street preachers in Cardiff in December ( free ones as my wife is a surgical recovery nurse ).

stay safe buddy 

BigD

Hello BigD,

Now, there's handy having a nice loo and a shower facility. I've only had showers at Glastonbury one year (manmy many moons ago) when Radio 1 put in a shower block next to where we were camped. However, it wasn't on any map, and was hidden behind a large hedge, so virtually nobody knew about its existence. I must say it was very nice to have a shower whenever I wanted. 

When you say 'my neck of the woods' did you mean Birmingham? I only ask because I'm no longer there, and have moved to Shropshire.

I will probably try for Glastonbury if there are some competitions around, but that's about as far as an input that I'll have.

Maybe see you in a field somewhere else at a festival one day.

Further to my post a few days back this is a post on fb from a friend ... now blocked .... im so upset and angry seeing things like this :( 

So from Friday it will be mandatory to wear face masks in shops. Just another ridiculous ruling by this absolute clusterfuck of a government. What's happened to freedom of liberty and personal choice. They have absolutely no right to force these demands on us. Have they stopped to consider the fact that by forcing us to wear face masks, using hand sanitizer and socially distancing they are lessening our chances of catching covid thus not allowing us to build up our own natural immunity. This should surely be our choice? We are a weak and pathetic enough species as it is without trying to weaken us further. It is important to build our resistance naturally against illness so we become stronger. We are already so reliant on artificial heat, vaccines, medicines etc. Everything bleached and disinfected. Ridiculous. I fully appreciate that many people are more vulnerable and should be shielded as I also appreciate that many other people are terrified of the media scaremongering and wish to take every precaution available to lesson the risk of contracting covid but for those of us who just want normality that should be our choice. We already have a generation of socially inept children who would rather be glued to a screen than be playing outside with friends but now that choice is being taken from them. I for one would rather my children had social interaction with their friends, playing tag, leapfrog even fighting than growing up vaccinated (and therefore weakening themselves and their future children) and with no social skills. Kids should be covered in mud, eating food they've dropped on the floor with their dirty fingers, playing in streams, swimming in rivers and most importantly playing, touching and hugging their friends. 
We are being conditioned and we're allowing it to happen

No offence but they sound like a real idiot. Letting your kids play in mud is hardly the same as choosing not to vaccinate them against life threatening illnesses. Selfish as fuck.

I love how they say they fully understand about protecting the vulnerable but then give no concession to it. What's their solution? Lock everyone up until everyone else has had it?

A lot of people were saying early on that this crisis was bringing out the best in people but I've genuinely only seen the opposite so far.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Further to my post a few days back this is a post on fb from a friend ... now blocked .... im so upset and angry seeing things like this :( 

So from Friday it will be mandatory to wear face masks in shops. Just another ridiculous ruling by this absolute clusterfuck of a government. What's happened to freedom of liberty and personal choice. They have absolutely no right to force these demands on us. Have they stopped to consider the fact that by forcing us to wear face masks, using hand sanitizer and socially distancing they are lessening our chances of catching covid thus not allowing us to build up our own natural immunity. This should surely be our choice? We are a weak and pathetic enough species as it is without trying to weaken us further. It is important to build our resistance naturally against illness so we become stronger. We are already so reliant on artificial heat, vaccines, medicines etc. Everything bleached and disinfected. Ridiculous. I fully appreciate that many people are more vulnerable and should be shielded as I also appreciate that many other people are terrified of the media scaremongering and wish to take every precaution available to lesson the risk of contracting covid but for those of us who just want normality that should be our choice. We already have a generation of socially inept children who would rather be glued to a screen than be playing outside with friends but now that choice is being taken from them. I for one would rather my children had social interaction with their friends, playing tag, leapfrog even fighting than growing up vaccinated (and therefore weakening themselves and their future children) and with no social skills. Kids should be covered in mud, eating food they've dropped on the floor with their dirty fingers, playing in streams, swimming in rivers and most importantly playing, touching and hugging their friends. 
We are being conditioned and we're allowing it to happen

Wow. Just wow. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No offence but they sound like a real idiot. Letting your kids play in mud is hardly the same as choosing not to vaccinate them against life threatening illnesses. Selfish as fuck.

I love how they say they fully understand about protecting the vulnerable but then give no concession to it. What's their solution? Lock everyone up until everyone else has had it?

A lot of people were saying early on that this crisis was bringing out the best in people but I've genuinely only seen the opposite so far.

no offence taken .... I genuinely thought they were much better than that and im appalled .... id love to be responding by questioning it but think its a fruitless task ... obviously herd immunity isn't proven as yet and we are a long way from that .... just for a bit of context he works as a gardener .. so doubt hes doing his bit for the herd !!! :( 

Just now, Wellyboot said:

Also i think wanting kids to eat food off the floor is disgusting.

What a tool

I actually get that point a little ... but get this virus sorted first at least lots more than we have at present and then the kids can go back to eating off the floor 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I actually get that point a little ... but get this virus sorted first at least lots more than we have at present and then the kids can go back to eating off the floor 

My pets Don't even eat off the floor 😂😂

But yeah absolute nonsense. If wearing a mask helps then wear the mask do as ur told. Its not difficult. I don't understand why people don't get it.. he probably struggles with being told what to do because he was left to run feral as a child eating food off the floor 🤮😂😂

Edited by Wellyboot

17 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

My pets Don't even eat off the floor 😂😂

But yeah absolute nonsense. If wearing a mask helps then wear the mask do as ur told. Its not difficult. I don't understand why people don't get it.. he probably struggles with being told what to do because he was left to run feral as a child eating food off the floor 🤮😂😂

Wasn’t it princess you called the cat ? 

Is anyone else feeling bored out of their damn minds at the moment?

Even though we can do whatever we want now I feel like places are way too crowded or risks are way too high.

Ive seen family and friends a bit but not as much as I would under normal circumstances and I’m just feeling so bored and run out of things to do.

I would love to take a holiday but I just don’t know there’s something putting me off... everywhere I’ve been looking at is just way too busy as well which makes me feel anxious.

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is anyone else feeling bored out of their damn minds at the moment?

Even though we can do whatever we want now I feel like places are way too crowded or risks are way too high.

Ive seen family and friends a bit but not as much as I would under normal circumstances and I’m just feeling so bored and run out of things to do.

I would love to take a holiday but I just don’t know there’s something putting me off... everywhere I’ve been looking at is just way too busy as well which makes me feel anxious.

Same!

I'm having a shitty week anyway so i might just be being negative because of that, but yeah nothing is back to normal, we can't do the things we wanna and the stuff we can do isn't the same. Its so shit.

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

What the actual F%@k ... I can’t believe in this day and age some twonk wrote this and ment it . It makes so so incredibly angry , 

so if they have covid and are not symptomatic they are happy to potentially KILL someone they come into contact with either friends, family or complete stranger just going about their business. Fir fecks sake .

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i better stop now before I start to swear and don’t correct it . I don’t want to get barred from efest for dropping the C bomb !

Believe me I thought the same ... and this guy has been to Glastonbury with me in the past ... not for quite a few years though ... :( 

We had a video sent to us of what our office now looks like. It's a sea of laminates with red crosses attached to all the places you cannot sit, stand or touch. 

To be fair, my employer has said this is just for exceptional cases where people need to be back in the office for personal reasons, such as WFH impacting their mental health etc. They're still saying it will be a long way off before everyone returns.

It did however, make me realise I'm not ready to  be back in the office. I didn't think the thought of returning to the office bothered me but seeing the video of how it looks now really made me feel quite anxious and glad it's not something that's being forced upon me.