When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

France +2669. I can’t see the government not adding them to quarantine. I just read on sky news as well that boris says they are going to be “ruthless”, so I feel like there’s going to be a lot of countries added to the list this week.

aren't they reviewing  today ? so an announcement on social media at some ridiculous time ? 

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m thinking of trying the eating helping out thing next week in a Thai restaurant with my mum or with a friend, how far in advance do you normally have to book?

some do walk ins ... depends on the place I guess ... ive booked a very popular place thats only open limited days nearly 3 weeks in advance 

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Also anyone know why there’s no data been published today?

I had a look at the graphs a few mins ago and the deaths have all vanished .... not just 5000 ...all of them ... I think someone is struggling with maths today ..... hope they dont get downgraded in A levels 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Not good on spain

20200813_180444.jpg

Why so different to:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

been following Spain closely as I’m going on Tuesday......luckily where I’m going has had 7 cases and all recovered, I’ve got private villa pool etc....just gotta get through the flight without breathing or touching anything.

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I thought the Express were behind Brexit at all costs? Is that part of an evil EU article saying its their fault?

They now know it’s going to be an unavoidable shitshow and will fuel the outrage to sell more papers. 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Are there any other popular tourist countries that haven’t been added now? I know Italy hasn’t but I’m not sure on their current cases? 

Greece and Croatia are popular destinations for uk tourists and are doing ok... for now.

Italy has a 7- day average of 415 cases, compared to ours which is 945, so less than 50% prevalence rate compared to us.. so they are doing ok for now, but their cases have been slowly rising and it is a popular destination for uk tourists.

germany, Switzerland, Poland and Denmark are also doing fine... for now... but not such popular destinations for uk tourists.

I am personally very happy Malta has been added as there are lots of mass gatherings happening over there which are linked to outbreaks.

Interesting* blog on why independent schools' A levels weren't moderated down to the same extent as other settings. Looks like the methodology might be a tad biased.

*If you're interested in education statistics. Just me?