When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's just the worst of both worlds for me if the gym opens because I never use the gym except for classes, but will still have to pay for it. Might see if I can freeze.

Dunno who you are with but Puregym were doing this before; continuing to freeze for those who didn't want to go back.

6 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Thanks 😊 unfortunately I think the tax changes are nailed on so there's no way forward other than dissolving Co.

I'm very lucky that my partner is in a whole other line of business & their contracts have kept us afloat.

I'm just feeling extremely sorry for myself right now.

I’m glad you’ve got someone supporting you too. I don’t have any answers but if you need to talk please feel free to drop me a message. 

Just now, Homer said:

Dunno who you are with but Puregym were doing this before; continuing to freeze for those who didn't want to go back.

Yeah, I think they will do it. I'm with a cheapo gym called Everyone Active now as my usual gym shut down for refurbishment in November, so even less motivation to use it without my classes.

That said maybe I will go to the gym or swim for something different to do. I just find the actual gym really dull. 

First world problems though! Mainly I'm pleased that I'll be able to see people outdoors from March 29th 🙂

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I do think you are right that he has bought himself some time but there were still some audible moans from his own benches today, I don't think this plan is quick enough for some of his own backbenchers. I still think he'll be gone why the end of 2021 as more comes out through the rest of the pandemic and the ongoing issues caused by Brexit.

they'd be mad to get rid of Johnson.

so they probably will.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, I think they will do it. I'm with a cheapo gym called Everyone Active now as my usual gym shut down for refurbishment in November, so even less motivation to use it without my classes.

That said maybe I will go to the gym or swim for something different to do. I just find the actual gym really dull. 

First world problems though! Mainly I'm pleased that I'll be able to see people outdoors from March 29th 🙂

I reckon by 12th April being allowed to go to the gym will seem like an exciting treat!

Gutted there prob won't be much overlap between the gym being open and my 50/50 furlough hours.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Glad to hear you've got something supporting you, but that does all sound like an absolute nightmare.  I'm sure it can seem that those in favour of lockdown and exiting slowly either don't know or don't care about people on the thin end, but that's absolutely not the case.  Really hope you can salvage it.

Sorry, that may have sounded like i was against lockdown, which I'm not - I fully support every lockdown we've had, in fact I have advocated harsher, longer lockdowns.

I do understand the caution in easing of restrictions, and do believe that this time the gov may actually be doing things with the correct timings.

I just feel personally at the end of my rope, 12 months is a long time to not be doing the thing you love & tbh are bloody good at😉 and to be looking for an actual job, as in employed by someone else, for the 1st time in many years in a decimated industry is a lot to swallow right now.

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how many people have cancelled the Glastonbury holiday at work ? gonna be a week long party for me wherever im going to be ... might head North to meet some new friends ... or possibly book a campsite local to the festival site ...

My work refused to let me. Only allowed to switch it to fully the week of Glastonbury or week after 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

How exciting! You ever been to the Boxpark by Wembley? I haven't - tried to go with the wife before Underworld but sadly it was holding a private event.

Usually when I go to Arsenal games there we drink at a pub by Preston Road tube station.

I’ve been to the box park in Shoreditch not that one though

8 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Sorry, that may have sounded like i was against lockdown, which I'm not - I fully support every lockdown we've had, in fact I have advocated harsher, longer lockdowns.

I do understand the caution in easing of restrictions, and do believe that this time the gov may actually be doing things with the correct timings.

I just feel personally at the end of my rope, 12 months is a long time to not be doing the thing you love & tbh are bloody good at😉 and to be looking for an actual job, as in employed by someone else, for the 1st time in many years in a decimated industry is a lot to swallow right now.

Not at all pal, can just see it must be hard to be in your position while people like me (and I'll hold my hand up) have continued working remotely and been relatively unaffected saying how we should all be cautious!

Can't even imagine the position you and a lot of other people are in, especially as you actually like what you do for a living! 😄