When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think the average is 70% so I guess it could be revised up?

Either way, happy Monday all!

We’re nearly there :)

Apprently it was up to 90% effective in one trial they did and they can't seem to work out why, hopefully we'll get a better idea ince the full trials are completed - seen people on Twitter mentioning that it will possibly appeal to more countries as it's far easier to store and also is more effective than the average flu jab 

Edited by Chapple12345

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think the average is 70% so I guess it could be revised up?

Either way, happy Monday all!

We’re nearly there :)

I'm guessing that (dependant on availability during roll-out), any of the less-effective vaccines will be used for the younger age ranges.

I also reckon that the UK will approve the Oxford vaccine before any other vaccine, and that it will be approved before 4th December (which is the earliest date for USA approval of the pfizer one). Spaffer is going to want to be world beating. ;) 

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Apprently it was up to 90% effective in one trial they did and they can't seem to work out why, hopefully we'll get a better idea ince the full trials are completed - seen people on Twitter mentioning that it will possibly appeal to more countries as it's far easier to store and also is more effective than the average flu jab 

It was already the most ordered vaccine due to the reasons you mention. 

It’s also a fraction of the cost of the others so win win.

17 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

One of the leads has been on radio 4. The 90% effective dose was 2 doses over a period of a month. The first is 1/2 a dose and the second a full dose. Interestingly two full doses seemed to be less effective. 

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm guessing that (dependant on availability during roll-out), any of the less-effective vaccines will be used for the younger age ranges.

I also reckon that the UK will approve the Oxford vaccine before any other vaccine, and that it will be approved before 4th December (which is the earliest date for USA approval of the pfizer one). Spaffer is going to want to be world beating. ;) 

Pfizer is already with the MHRA so that could be approved this week. I reckon that gets used for the NHS workers and vulnerable, rest of us gets the Oxford one.

6 hours ago, DeanoL said:

If you’re looking at the Christmas bubble thing saying “that doesn’t work for me” then that’s the point - it’s making you see less people. Christmas is normally four households so someone will be left alone? No they won’t, you do two groups of two.

Normally see multiple families over the course of that five days? That’s one of the worst things you can be doing in terms of spreading it, as secondary contacts go up exponentially. It stops you doing that because it’s meant to.

Reopening the pubs is utter madness though.

The people I can see this being a real mess for (assuming students are excluded) is young adults in house shares (or anyone else really), this rule effectively means you are all stuck together whereas students in a house share can go elsewhere? There is going to be so many arguments and mental stress for some people that can't be healthy. 

Hancock referred to the dosage. Pollard has said that if people were given a half-dose first, followed by a full dose a month later, they had 90% protection. He told Today:

There is just a hint in the data at the moment that those who got that regime with higher protection, there is a suggestion that it was also able to reduce asymptomatic infection.

If that is right, we might be able to halt the virus in its tracks and stop transmitting between people

8 minutes ago, Ashl said:

The people I can see this being a real mess for (assuming students are excluded) is young adults in house shares (or anyone else really), this rule effectively means you are all stuck together whereas students in a house share can go elsewhere? There is going to be so many arguments and mental stress for some people that can't be healthy. 

You think they won't all just go their separate ways like students are going to? 

13 minutes ago, Ashl said:

well, it's not going to be enforced at all...so it's just up to people to follow guidelines as much as they can....obviously not everyone will be able to, and also obviously some will just ignore the guidelines whilst singing fuck you I won't do what you tell me.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was household mixing allowed in any tier before? Tier 1 maybe with rule of six?

When do you think the tiers will get announced? Maybe next week just before lockdown ends?

Tier I was indoor settings with the rule of 6, Tier 2 was in places such a private gardens